Converting from EXT3 to EXT4 - It's possible (and pretty easy)...

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just compiled a custom kernel with EXT4, converted my partitions to EXT4 and then flashed a modified boot image with the appropriate mounts.

IT WORKS! :D

ext4mounts.png

Literally just done it so too early to say what benefits there are, but there's no denying it's fast! :D

quadrantext4.png

P

Guest thedicemaster

it might improve performance while starting a download.

right now starting a download in market is pretty much the only thing that can slow down this phone.

I've just compiled a custom kernel with EXT4, converted my partitions to EXT4 and then flashed a modified boot image with the appropriate mounts.

ext4mounts.png

Literally just done it so too early to say what benefits there are, but there's no denying it's fast! :D

quadrantext4.png

P

Well, it must be the I/O somehow. Compare it to 2x 2x review by Anandtech, the I/O benchmark went up from 2511 tested by Anand to 3800 in your benchmark! That's a massive leap.

Guest Schmew

ext4mounts.png

quadrantext4.png

P

That is freaking awsome Paul, you got my full support!