[HOWTO]Change the digitizer screen (ZTE Blade)

Guest Goots

Guest WildeRNS

The display is so cheap...

Do you replaced your screen by yourself?? How many dificult it is??

btw Thank u so much!

yes, i replaced many displays by myself :)

its not difficult, there many video how to change.

Guest gomes29

The best way I found was to use a couple of screen protectors. Stick one on and smooth it out, then pull it off. Do the same again.

Yes, it means you waste a couple of SP's (they are very cheap on ebay) but they're great at lifting dust particles off the inside of the screen.

I also use this method for applying an SP to the touchscreen. A bit of wastage, but worth it in the long run imho :)

yeah nice advice.. i'll try that! many thanks!

yes, i replaced many displays by myself :)

its not difficult, there many video how to change.

my display will come in the next days, i never changed a display (only the digitzer) but i think i can handle that!!

Guest invizus_

around the display is a metal frame that's easy to remove, maybe with that new item, you have 2 of these frames (1 in the frontcover like on the photo, and 1 around your display)

The inside of my digitizer was foamy around the edges.

Thank you, that explains. I've checked, it is really frame for display, and it removes easily. My bad I didn't realized it myself, I should had try.

Well, I was forced to do this but now the touchscreen doesn't work and I assume I've done something work... have I killed the touchscreen?

Or is just some bad connection when I was re-mounting... I don't really know

please help

The problem is that the previous one (which was broken) now doesn't work either... I've been reading the thread and I guess I broke something but not seeing exactly what it could be because I don't understand most of it.

The digitizer seems to be currently pluged to the motherboard, I just wonder if it could be something else

EDIT: And I had made this once and without problems... same procedure now

Edited by keevre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest xavia

So.. about 2 months I wrote a post here asking for help because I opened my zte blade to clean the dust in the display.

I followed this video here -

- but I only disconnected the up ribbon (the one for the touch screen), after I did this my touch never worked again. I bought another SF and I just tried again to change the display and the same thing happened to my new SF.

I'm being very careful with this, I can't understand what is happening .. can someone help me?

Guest xavia

Was this for me, mate?

Is your Rom compatible with Gen2

If yes , go back to Stockrom and than flash New Gen1 to Gen 2

My phones are gen2 devices, with cm7 (stable version), are you suggesting a downgrade to gen1/2.1ROM and then go back to gen2/2.3ROM?

Edited by xavia

Guest eLJay

Just watched that video, firstly I wouldn't use it as a guide on how to replace the screen as there is little useful detail (only as a general guide) and secondly it just ends, there is no test at the end showing him actually using the touch screen so who knows if it works.

And having just had someone drop their phone it would be useful to know how to replace the touch screen front.

I just moved onto a Monte Carlo so this is more a doing someone a favour than something I need to learn.

Guest Maxxo

When I was replacing my black case for a white one i had to remove digitizer, here is a video of me removing digitiser from black front crover so I can put onto white one

watch this video for how to learn how to take apart your phone

How do I get the new digitizer on the plastic? Do I need glue?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fattybacon

Anyone got any ideas?

I had one in the sort of jewellers screwdriver set you get from Aldi.. 15 screwdrivers of terrible quality but the 00 cross head (posidrive) in the box did the job :)

This looks a hundred times better than the set I've got. http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B0001K9PVY

And only just over five quid, a good investment I reckon.

Guest fattybacon

I replaced the digitizer last night and it all went swimmingly. The digitizer cost less than ten uk pounds, which I thought was pretty good.

Anyway, after I've done it, the Home/Menu/Back pad has settled a bit lower than before. Any tips to keep it higher than the digitizer?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest confector

Hey there,

I've got a quite worn San Francisco (MANY black pixels, broken on/off button, broken glass which covers the camera lens).

Are these two what I need? And maybe which extra tools should I order?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/zte-v880-replacement-full-housing-with-buttons-white-109095?item=1 & http://www.dealextreme.com/p/genuine-zte-v880-touch-screen-black-random-style-109916

It is white atm, where can I find black housings? Maybe without saying San Francisco up front.

Thanks!

Guest JackSF

confector

The two parts you have linked will not fix your dead pixels. You need a new display which dealextreme do sell.

If it was me, I would buy the display from deal extreme (cheap last time I looked) and a back cover off ebay, last one I bought was about £4.

You only need a philips screwdriver to undo the 8 screws underneath the back cover and an old credit/debit card etc to seperate the housing. A pair of tweezers would be handy to put a couple of the ribbon cables back in, a couple of them are a pain.

I would say that if you are not used to taking phones apart then I would recommend you don't try it!