SMS Size - when does it become an MMS

Guest lazyliam

Guest lazyliam

how many characters letters can i put in a sms on 2.2 froyo on san fran some roms seem to be sending one text no matter how long some seem to be sending three for a longer text im sure ive read somewhere a while ago it might be something android ive tried googleing and reading this site cant find anything,any help appreaciated becuase my new contract is limited text

Guest gusthy
how many characters letters can i put in a sms on 2.2 froyo on san fran some roms seem to be sending one text no matter how long some seem to be sending three for a longer text im sure ive read somewhere a while ago it might be something android ive tried googleing and reading this site cant find anything,any help appreaciated becuase my new contract is limited text

Length of SMS message is 160 cars when sending ASCII characters, and 70, when sending international (UTF-8) characters. It does not depend on ROM.

Some Androids convert messages longer than 3x160 (or 3x70) char to MMS.

Edited by gusthy

Guest Azurren

Best to watch out as android seems to think that if you go over the allowed character length then you obviously want to send an mms :D

Which we have to pay for, most people have unlimited texts these days not mms

Cyanogen mod has some settings for this

Guest sambartle

Interested to know...

Why people keep using such stupid titles for posts. ( I realise this isn't a very helpful post, but I took the time to read this to see if I could help even with the stupid title, and found it already answered so just wanted to vent)

Guest hugobosslives
Interested to know...

Why people keep using such stupid titles for posts. ( I realise this isn't a very helpful post, but I took the time to read this to see if I could help even with the stupid title, and found it already answered so just wanted to vent)

+1

Guest Michealtbh

Some people arent very clued up on forum etiquette. Its how it always has been and always will be, we've all been there at some point!

Guest lazyliam

lmao really my bad not hard feelings and the tittle were ained at getting it read bit didnt know how to close post after id replyied thanks anyway sorry for any inconvience and i like the title change :-)

Guest Konstipated Kiwi
lmao really my bad not hard feelings and the tittle were ained at getting it read bit didnt know how to close post after id replyied thanks anyway sorry for any inconvience and i like the title change :-)

Is there any way of knowing how many characters you have used as you are composing a message?

Guest Elvis Sawdust
Is there any way of knowing how many characters you have used as you are composing a message?

I use Go SMS from the market and that tells you as you type.