[ROM] Buzz-Vega-ROM 0.1-B1

Guest Buzing Bee

Guest Buzing Bee

Here is a rom i knocked together based on the stock vega ROM. Please Read the release notes for the additions tweaks in the from

[Change Log]

0.1b1

-- Tweaked Memory Management

-- Based on Vega 1.09

-- Added MultiTouch permissions for maps (rotations + tilt enabled)

-- Included Buzz Kernel 0.7

-- LOT of optimization (cant remember everything to write here)

-- BSOD fix included

-- TP calibration utility included

-- Paul's Recovery Reboot App included

-- Market + Google Apps included

-- Fingerprint edit for total market access

-- Add Blocking Host file included

-- 10mb free on /system if people want to add anything :D

** NOTES this is the first release so please report any bugs **

[Next Version]

-- Small Status Bar

-- USB host/slave mode detection (in about menu)

-- More Speed Tweaks

-- Link2SD fix

[install]

1) download the needed .zip file from below

2) copy to SD card

4) reboot into recovery

5) Make a nand backup

6) select the correct .zip

7) install and reboot

8) have fun :(

[Download]

Buzz-Vega-ROM-0.1b1

[Credits]

Advent For There Base ROM / TP utility

Paul for his recovery reboot app

Google for Google APPS

anyone who i have forgotten :D

Edited by Buzing Bee

Guest MarioUK

Just gave this rom a try this evening, and have to say, fantastic work! I went from Paul's r8 rom, and my Quadrant score has gone from 1987 to over 2200, so a nice little bump up :D

Plus, it has solved my problem I have had from day one, namely being able to use the VPN Connections app to connect to my works Cisco VPN. Works perfectly with no tinkering around at all!

Looking forward to seeing further updates to this.

Guest zzleezz

Works well, good first impressions.

Need to dig out the small notification bar guide :D Might nandroid back and wait till I have more time to play with it.

Guest beegee1962
Here is a rom i knocked together based on the stock vega ROM. Please Read the release notes for the additions tweaks in the from

[Download]

Buzz-Vega-ROM-0.1b1

Dropbox is blocked in China, where I am at the moment. Any chance you upload to another file sharing service?

only a small problem when I pressed 2 seconds the power does not give me the option to return to home ... any solution to add?? some apps can not leave without the option

Guest rvdgeer
Can anyone help me as to where the sataus bar hight is set within the framework-res.apk ?

It's in res/values/dimens.xml

Best height is probably 30dip

Problem is, you can only see the values dir shen decompiling the framework-res.apk

However, I haven't managed to recompile the framework-res.apk correctly...

(Might be because I'm trying with the original framework-res.apk from the POV 1.10 ROM...)

Guest Shaizer

ROM is great!!! can really feel the tweaks, everything seems smoother in menu opens and app launching. Some suggestions (if you dont mind):

- Full black small notification bar with honeycomb back/menu/home buttons :D

- Market from Xoom like one from Corvusvegarom (although haven't tried his yet)

Those are really all I can think of at the moment, everything is just so smooth!

Guest ezynow

Hi buzz,

Being new to android roms. Just trying to figure out the differences between all the roms. What drivers/firmware are in the stock rom and what is contained in the kernel? I take it the tegra chipset has integrated graphics so no way updating graphics drivers in the conventional way but by reflashing a new rom?

I see corvus rom is based on your kernel. Is this like re-packaging or his rom is different being based on someeone else's rom so different drivers? I am not bothered about cosmetic changes but the rom with the latest nvidia tegra drivers as this yield the best performance.

Also, is it possible to have usb mode switching done by app / reboot into usb host mode. Also last mode saved would be nice. It seems you have to power off first then button combo to get into host mode or is this the only way.

Cheers.

Guest beegee1962

Please please please

Can Buzzing Bee or someone else upload the ROM to a different place than dropbox?

Dropbox is blocked here in China, and I do not get a VPN working here in the hotel.

Want to try this ROM.

Guest dbaseii
It's in res/values/dimens.xml

Best height is probably 30dip

Problem is, you can only see the values dir shen decompiling the framework-res.apk

However, I haven't managed to recompile the framework-res.apk correctly...

(Might be because I'm trying with the original framework-res.apk from the POV 1.10 ROM...)

Great rom. Vega seems to be faster and more fluid

Guest Shaizer
Please please please

Can Buzzing Bee or someone else upload the ROM to a different place than dropbox?

Dropbox is blocked here in China, and I do not get a VPN working here in the hotel.

Want to try this ROM.

I've uploaded it to megaupload, although it uploaded suspiciously fast so let me know if it works: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=36OBLBTV