[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest totiadrenalin
HELLO,

Yes i want your kernel with the 2.1 uk new, thank for your job.

good night from france.

Can you please wait for the weekend?

I will upload a zip file from my rom

Guest UTOPY
Can you please wait for the weekend?

I will upload a zip file from my rom

NO PROBLEMS

A BIG THANK TOTI

GOOD NIGHT OF FRANCE

Guest niix2571
I'm using a newer version. Expect an updated version in ROMManager shortly.

If you have all the cm source you can build the current version of clockworkmod with 'make recoveryimage'

3.1.0.1... is that the new version you are talking about?

Guest leto
It's available in ROM Manager :P

ROMManager says that 2.5.0.7 is the latest version of clockworkmod recovery for pulse :rolleyes:

Guest jimmie32

Can we get the .img file to flash ourselves? My internet is kinda stupid and I can't download a recovery image through ROM Manager. :P

Guest sentroy

I think the problem people are having with not getting 3.1.0.1 is that they are using the wrong device.

Go in to the rom manager, press flash recovery. When the device list appears scroll to the bottom, you'll see 'Huawei U8220/U8230'. Choose that and you'll have the latest image. Hope that helps.

Guest Simon O
It has orange letters and stuff... but there's one major issue with this new recovery: it won't backup my sd-ext!!!!

can anyone confirm this?

Probably because the older cm recovery 3 set the ext partition up as ext4 and the newer one sets it up as ext3. maybe

Guest sun lbx

but does this new recovery image work properly with backups (no a2sd) partition?

i mean restoring the backups made by 2.5.ish version

and making new backups..

i ask because i've been experiencing some problems with unofficial 3.x.x.x recovery

Guest fearbrain

I'm having same problem with sd-ext partition. When I'm going to backup with this new recovery 3.1.0.1, it can't mount sd-ext partition...! And I need to make a full backup...

Guest totiadrenalin

After one year and so making experiments over my Pulse, with several of Android roms, I get a clear answer!

Our phone can not perform speed and stability.

Do you want your phone to be very stable, and with no single FC, no matter the rom you put in your phone?

Well then!

Simply fallow my instructions.

First of all!

Forget the speed!

First the rools!

01. Never Enable the JIT

02. Never set the dalvik heap to high.

03. Never use compcache.

04. Use only swap!

05. Never use the Froyo+ integrated apps2sd!

06. Use only the dta2sd.

07. Never overclock to much your CPU!

08. If you really want to overclock the cpu then never overclock it over 614MHZ!

09. Never use Auto Task Killer apps!

10. Never try to compare the pulse Speed performances with some other Android device!

Now the instructions!

01. If the jit is enabled then disable it from the terminal, or from the cyanogenmod settings

02. Set the dalvik heap from 16-22 depending of the size of the swap partition you create on your sdcard.

03. Immediately disable the compcahe from cyanogenmod settings.

04. Partition your sdcard with ext2, swap, and fat32 partitions. - the swap partitions should be between 32-64MB, and swappiness between 15-30%.

Depending of the swap partition size. As bigger the swap size is as less the swappy should be!

05. After you partition your sdcard with ext2 and swap partitions, you can move both: apps and dalvik-cache to sd-ext or /system/sd depending of the android version.

Both /sd-ext/ and /system/sd are the same, just that froyo+ mount the ext partition to /sd-ext/ and eclair to /system/sd/

But never try to move the Android apps data to the ext partition!

06. If you use some overclocked kernel, immediately set the CPU freq to 614MHZ or lower.

You can use the SetCPU app for that purpose, or if you have the CM7 rom on your phone, then set the CPU speed from the cyanogenmod settings.

07. I really strongly suggest you to do not try to compare the PULSE speed performances with any other Android device.

You will never make your phone running faster without losing the stability of your phone!

I truly hope that this could help you guys!

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
Hey Toti, it's all good BUT

why 614mhz?

&

why no jit? doesn't it give us a perfomance boost?..

Jit is using much more ram then this phone can give, and loading the cpu to much.

And 614MHZ because this cpu simply can not take much overclocking, believe me.

The phone is performing way much better without jit and low cpu clock.

Just give it a try!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Casterina
Jit is using much more ram then this phone can give, and loading the cpu to much.

And 614MHZ because this cpu simply can not take much overclocking, believe me.

The phone is performing way much better without jit and low cpu clock.

Just give it a try!

Toti, will disabling compcache + jit and decreasing the vm heap size make the phone more battery efficient?

Guest UTOPY
After one year and so making experiments over my Pulse, with several of Android roms, I get a clear answer!

Our phone can not perform speed and stability.

Do you want your phone to be very stable, and with no single FC, no matter the rom you put in your phone?

Well then!

Simply fallow my instructions.

First of all!

Forget the speed!

First the rools!

01. Never Enable the JIT

02. Never set the dalvik heap to high.

03. Never use compcache.

04. Use only swap!

05. Never use the Froyo+ integrated apps2sd!

06. Use only the dta2sd.

07. Never overclock to much your CPU!

08. If you really want to overclock the cpu then never overclock it over 614MHZ!

09. Never use Auto Task Killer apps!

10. Never try to compare the pulse Speed performances with some other Android device!

Now the instructions!

01. If the jit is enabled then disable it from the terminal, or from the cyanogenmod settings

02. Set the dalvik heap from 16-22 depending of the size of the swap partition you create on your sdcard.

03. Immediately disable the compcahe from cyanogenmod settings.

04. Partition your sdcard with ext2, swap, and fat32 partitions. - the swap partitions should be between 32-64MB, and swappiness between 15-30%.

Depending of the swap partition size. As bigger the swap size is as less the swappy should be!

05. After you partition your sdcard with ext2 and swap partitions, you can move both: apps and dalvik-cache to sd-ext or /system/sd depending of the android version.

Both /sd-ext/ and /system/sd are the same, just that froyo+ mount the ext partition to /sd-ext/ and eclair to /system/sd/

But never try to move the Android apps data to the ext partition!

06. If you use some overclocked kernel, immediately set the CPU freq to 614MHZ or lower.

You can use the SetCPU app for that purpose, or if you have the CM7 rom on your phone, then set the CPU speed from the cyanogenmod settings.

07. I really strongly suggest you to do not try to compare the PULSE speed performances with any other Android device.

You will never make your phone running faster without losing the stability of your phone!

I truly hope that this could help you guys!

Best regards

TOTI

THANK TOTI for these precious advice, but one question, how to lower the processor speed on Rom as twrock already overclocked to 691 mhz?

Thank you for your reply.

Guest rulerofkaos
THANK TOTI for these precious advice, but one question, how to lower the processor speed on Rom as twrock already overclocked to 691 mhz?

You can use setcpu from the market.

Guest twrock

First, really, people need to read the very detailed instructions I wrote for the roms I modded. I also gave detailed instructions in the second post of each of the froyo rom threads I started on how to configure a stable system. If you read those, you will see that there is very little difference between what I wrote and what Toti says here. The main difference is jit.

The 691 kernel is set to 614 by default. So unless you do something to change it, that is its top speed. And both Toti and I have suggested SetCPU as an app to control cpu speed.

Toti is correct; our hardware simply can not do the things people are requesting. You pay for speed with a drop in battery life. and if you push the speed too high, you will sacrifice stability. The laws of physics do apply. Buy a new phone if you want "everything". :P