Cm7 is eating my battery.

Guest Nuuna

Guest jimmy2x2x
Update: I tested some more, 39 hours is the best I got with a fully loaded battery with power off and on again, pretty much everything disabled and no usage except 3 or 4 calls (not longer than 5 minutes together) and sending/receiving around 10 texts.

When I look at the battery use, all I can see is:

Android System 33%

Dialer 29%

Cell Standby 18%

Display 11%

Phone idle 10%

Still no clue what is draining the battery so fast.

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but you think 39 hours off a single charge is draining your battery too fast?

Guest k0zmic
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but you think 39 hours off a single charge is draining your battery too fast?

39 Hours is pretty good.

Guest AlphaVision

I have battery drain issues as well. It happened after I upgraded CM from 7.0.0 to 7.0.1. On CM 7.0.0 battery life was outstanding - I was getting 2 days of use after a recharge. Now I recharge it every night

Usually when it starts draining battery fast I restart the phone and it's ok again. I did notice one time that the Google Maps had the highest battery usage so I guess what Frankish said about Latitude is right

Guest mELIANTE

With everything off is a crappy battery life. That's what I got with 2.2 and 3G+data on and using the phone for wifi, 10s of texts and 2h+ calls.

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest elastico

I have never had any battery problems on any ROM, including CM7, but I don't have 3g nor data enabled. I'd say that my battery lasts 2-3 days (normal use) with occasional gps and wifi usage. I have it at 122 to 748 Mhz (smartass scaling).

However, if I sit down and start playing angry birds or whatever the battery is dead in say, 4 hours...

Guest Pumi

Yes Sir, with everything disabled and pretty much not using the phone at all except when you get a call is horrible. With Sebastian's deorangated R4 ROM I used to charge approx. every forth day.

• 1 month later...
CM7 is eating my battery too. I installed CM 7.0.2 stable via the nice and easy TPT method on my gen1 OLED Blade three days ago right after the release. Since that time, my Blade won't make 24 hours of very limited usage (no 2G/3G, WLAN, games, internet), 5-10 minutes of calls and a few texts. With Seb's deorangeted R4 ROM (Android 2.1) I only needed to charge my phone every 4th or 5th day. I already tried to rewipe and to recalibrate the battery.

Just wanted to update, what happened:

I tried CM 7.0.3 for about a week and still had the battery drain issue. Downgraded to SS Rls 5 and have no issues since then, i.e. I charge my phone every fourth or fifth day with the described usage.

What I still don't get: Has everyone who is using CM this battery bug and just doesn't care because they all use 3G and whatever and charge their phone every night? Or am I just one of a few unfortunate users who are affected by this battery drain problem while using CM 7.x?

Guest targetbsp
What I still don't get: Has everyone who is using CM this battery bug and just doesn't care because they all use 3G and whatever and charge their phone every night? Or am I just one of a few unfortunate users who are affected by this battery drain problem while using CM 7.x?

Well... we mostly don't care because they fixed the battery drain in later nightlies. :) I can easily match your SS recharge schedule of every 4 or 5 days in CM7, with my record being 8 days. And someone posted a screenshot almost at 9 days.

Mind you, they've broke it again in N105 onwards lol (though not as bad as any previous battery draining builds)

N88 to N104 are great for battery life though.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest DWaldie

I found it was the Wi-Fi that was using my battery. When it is enabled I can hear a slight hiss and crackling from the speaker, so clearly something is amiss. I've turned off the Wi-Fi and only connect when I actually need it. Not really a problem for me as my contract plan has plenty of data. I'm still trying to work out how to install the nightlies properly to see if a more recent version helps. Even with these problems CM7 is the dogs nuts.

Edited by DWaldie

Guest k0zmic
I found it was the Wi-Fi that was using my battery. When it is enabled I can hear a slight hiss and crackling from the speaker, so clearly something is amiss. I've turned off the Wi-Fi and only connect when I actually need it. Not really a problem for me as my contract plan has plenty of data. I'm still trying to work out how to install the nightlies properly to see if a more recent version helps. Even with these problems CM7 is the dogs nuts.

You can use GreenPower for Wi-Fi, it turns it off when the screen if off and on when the screen is on.

Guest gorghurt

Well I'm at CM7 Green.

Battery live is good, when wifi is off, but when its on its katastrophal.

The new wifi drivers have made ist al little better, but not as good as in SS(as far as I remember).

Is there some way to improve this, like updating to a later nigthly, or so?

The main Reason i use CM is the openVPN support.

I know i could get tjis in SS too(with some work(tun)), but 2.3 is nice , especially the "slider" for moving the text cursor.

Guest k0zmic
Well I'm at CM7 Green.

Battery live is good, when wifi is off, but when its on its katastrophal.

The new wifi drivers have made ist al little better, but not as good as in SS(as far as I remember).

Is there some way to improve this, like updating to a later nigthly, or so?

The main Reason i use CM is the openVPN support.

I know i could get tjis in SS too(with some work(tun)), but 2.3 is nice , especially the "slider" for moving the text cursor.

Well, you could update to N104. Although, after N105 people have found the battery life has worsened.

I agree SS had better battery life.

Guest Joshua-
Well, you could update to N104. Although, after N105 people have found the battery life has worsened.

I agree SS had better battery life.

yes i agree

battery is a lot better with SS and the leaked rom

Well... we mostly don't care because they fixed the battery drain in later nightlies. :) I can easily match your SS recharge schedule of every 4 or 5 days in CM7, with my record being 8 days. And someone posted a screenshot almost at 9 days.

Mind you, they've broke it again in N105 onwards lol (though not as bad as any previous battery draining builds)

N88 to N104 are great for battery life though.

Thank you for this suggestion! I really miss some features of 2.3 and therefore will try one of those nightlies. Do you have any recommendation?