30 Jun Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X - Vanilla Edition

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest unfun
Installation

To install this ROM:

Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card (/sdcard/_ExternalSD) - you must used a physical microSD card!

Restart your device in recovery mode

PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU

Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card - your device will auto convert to EXT4 on installation. You MUST use a physical microSD card!

If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it!

Upgrading

A WIPE IS MANDATORY IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK / Fr3 OR EARLIER! Apologies, but this is unavoidable for this release. I recommend using Titanium Backup to back up your data. Wipe BEFORE installing the ROM.

did you leave that part intentionally in the first post, because i think it will confuse noobs. and thanks for all the good work again paul

Guest Paul
did you leave that part intentionally in the first post, because i think it will confuse noobs. and thanks for all the good work again paul

Why? It still applies.

P

Guest unfun

right now it only says:

Installation

To install this ROM:

[*]Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card (/sdcard/_ExternalSD) - y

the text from my above post is copied from the other thread, i hope you understand what i mean, i ment "left out" not leave, sorry, no native english here

Edited by unfun

Guest seigmann

Thx!

I've updated from Fr15 to Fr17. Im having a problem with the dropdown notification bar. It freezes up! It has done this two times now, and I've to reboot the phone each time. Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Make that every time I've tried! :P So for me Fr17 is useless... :'(. I had to roll back to Fr15

Edited by seigmann

Guest ilos

I've a problem with twitter login: twitter official client, sismic, tweetcaster have the same issue : login unauthorized

no issue like that with stock rom. Maybe a problem with apn , but i can't edit them...and that has no effect if i select one of them

Guest sebastienw

Is a full wipe required to upgrade from Fr15 to Fr17 ?

Phone goes completely crazy when trying to play music.. (regular music player or winamp)

I'm using last.fm scrobbler.

adb logcat is spurting a truckload of info

I see this in a loop :

D/ ( 1014): [0]-th component name OMX.Nvidia.clock.component

D/ ( 1014): State change started: OMX.Nvidia.clock.component from 1 to 2

D/ ( 1014): ++ NvxPortCreateTunnel starts ++

D/ ( 1014): ++ NvxPortCreateTunnel returns with [0x0] ++

D/ ( 1014): [1]-th component name OMX.Nvidia.reader

D/ ( 1014): State change started: OMX.Nvidia.reader from 1 to 2

D/ ( 1014): [2]-th component name OMX.Nvidia.mp3.decoder

D/ ( 1014): State change started: OMX.Nvidia.mp3.decoder from 1 to 2

D/ ( 1014): ++ NvxPortCreateTunnel ends with [0x0] ++

D/ ( 1014): State change started: OMX.Nvidia.reader from 1 to 2

D/ ( 1014): State change completed: OMX.Nvidia.reader from 1 to 2

D/ ( 1014): Graph_EventHandler: Cmd Complete for READER [0]

D/ ( 1014): Graph_EventHandler: Sem signalled for READER OMX.Nvidia.reader

D/ ( 1014): [3]-th component name android.audio

D/ ( 1014): State change started: android.audio from 1 to 2

V/AudioSink( 1014): stop

D/ ( 1014): State change started: OMX.Nvidia.mp3.decoder from 1 to 2

D/ ( 1014): State change started: OMX.Nvidia.clock.component from 1 to 2

D/ ( 1020): nvrm_daemon: rt_exist from client: 1

D/ ( 1020): rt_exist=1, add client ref

D/ ( 1020): nvrm_daemon: rt_exist to client: 1

Edited by sebastienw

Guest sebastienw
Thx!

I've updated from Fr15 to Fr17. Im having a problem with the dropdown notification bar. It freezes up! It has done this two times now, and I've to reboot the phone each time. Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Make that every time I've tried! :P So for me Fr17 is useless... :'(. I had to roll back to Fr15

Had the same issue, rolled back to Fr15 as well. See my previous post, adb logcat output was getting pretty crazy when this happened.

I haven't made many tests and quickly rolled back to Fr15 but I believed it starts to mess up when notifications are displayed (for me it was last.fm).

Guest hmratte

The Rom is cool ....... super Fast .... install by my the Default .....

come vrom Germany "Soory Bad English by My!"

FB & Twiter not inklude

Musik APP is not fast .....

Extern ANDRO. Music by JRTSudio is Better off Menu !

Cann yu Inport ?? dis Menu strutor ....

Edited by hmratte

Guest sangriaman

Hi. I'm using the FR18 Beta2 on my p990. It was the first custom rom i put on the phone.

But the battery is draining so fast, that i'm thinking to change and try this one instead.

Is a wipe mandatory?

Guest 9mmBullet
Thx!

Had the same issue, rolled back to Fr15 as well. See my previous post, adb logcat output was getting pretty crazy when this happened.

I haven't made many tests and quickly rolled back to Fr15 but I believed it starts to mess up when notifications are displayed (for me it was last.fm).

Add a third to the list - I tested by moving the notification bar, and it simply freezes and I can't do anything outside of trying to shut it down (of course, it doesn't happen because the notification window is still there, thus I have to battery pull).

Also, what's up with the lockscreen - the unlock drag bar is now a different transparency, as are the numpad keys - they're almost opaque. This is noticeable because the padlock icon is the same transparency as before, but it doesn't turn opaque (touch event lost somewhere?) with the rest of the unlock bar when I drag it.

Edited by 9mmBullet

Guest gummijoh

Installed the FR17 Vanilla Edition a few days ago. The 2X is faster then ever before but some Hootsuite (twitter app) does not work like it should and vibration is completely gone. Haptic feedback works but not the vibration for incoming calls or messages or other notifications.

Strange bug.

Guest jimmybonsaville

1st off all thanks for this rom love the speed increases. Followed all the tutorial to a tee backed up stock rom using CWM then wiped all data and then installed fresh Vanilla Fr17. Was really impressed with speed....however phone now has a tendency to restart or just turn itself off...usually at night :P . I tried to recover my old Stock LG firmware and it flashed fine...however on booting it frezes at the LG logo doh!! Really needed my phone today so reflashed the Fr17 to get me buy. Im currently downloading the stock rom from links on XDA but its sloooow like 17kbs for a 800mb file hahaha. Can anyone help suggest anything i can do on the Fr!17 vanilla to keep me going...and not making me late for work in morning hahaha

Guest sebastienw
1st off all thanks for this rom love the speed increases. Followed all the tutorial to a tee backed up stock rom using CWM then wiped all data and then installed fresh Vanilla Fr17. Was really impressed with speed....however phone now has a tendency to restart or just turn itself off...usually at night :P . I tried to recover my old Stock LG firmware and it flashed fine...however on booting it frezes at the LG logo doh!! Really needed my phone today so reflashed the Fr17 to get me buy. Im currently downloading the stock rom from links on XDA but its sloooow like 17kbs for a 800mb file hahaha. Can anyone help suggest anything i can do on the Fr!17 vanilla to keep me going...and not making me late for work in morning hahaha

Stock ROM requires you to revert partition back to ext3.

Guest jimmybonsaville
Stock ROM requires you to revert partition back to ext3.

Can this be done with clockwork? Cheers for reply btw :P

Guest Venkarl

Paul n Co,

Greetings from India. 2 days after I bought my P990, it started shutting of in the night, rebooting randomly and finally it ended up in a reboot loop without loading the home screen{I have uploaded video on youtube}. I've read about this ROM@XDA forums. I've installed Fr17 and IT is FAAAST. I really liked this over stock LG ROM. The only thing is, date is not shown on my home screen. I really want that digital clock with date in home screen shown in the first post of this thread. I dropped in an analog clock but no date. Date is shown occasionally on left side of top task bar. I will see if my phone doesn't shuts off tonight and morning alarm goes off.

Paul...you've done an amazing job. Good luck on future upgrades.

cheers!!

Added Later:

Oh yes, My time on the phone is exactly 30 minutes ahead when I say "Use network-provided values" and its a Vodafone connection. Probably this is the reason my news & weather widget too gives me UK news and "no weather information". "Use my location" is checked.

Edited by Venkarl

Guest Venkarl

Following up. 2 self reboots and 1 shut down with Fr17. Love the phone and Paul's ROM releases. But this rebooting and shutting of is PITA

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dragnor007

Hi,

I have tried to installed Fr17 vanilla edition on my phone, but each time i'm making a clean install (i format the system and wipe everything), i get stuck on the LG logo when i turn on my phone after installation (And it tells me that everything is ok). I have tried many other rom, BlazingDragon 17 and Mondego. But the same thing happens with the other roms as well if they are using fr17 or later versions. CM7 works fine on the phone but are to unstable at the moment.

If I install fr16 vanilla edition it works, but not any later versions.

Can some one please help or at least point me towards a way to fix this problem.

I have just updated to baseband 10S following Paul's guide. But this update problem was also there before the update

• 3 weeks later...
Guest iMaxime
should convert to ext 3 if from FR17?

No, you don't have to convert to ext 3, FR17 and FR19 are both ext 4. You've just to update ! :)

Guest ALF@be
No, you don't have to convert to ext 3, FR17 and FR19 are both ext 4. You've just to update ! :)

WRONG ! FR19 have no support for EXT4

So yes, you must to convert to EXT3 first.