[LEAK] Liquid MT Gingerbread

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest vache
how strange, 2000++ quadrant score but laggy menu + 3D,unoptimized driver ?

Because of the FPS limit. It's not around 22-23 FPS...but the phone is really responsive, it's only a display issue.

It's like a yo-yo about FPS, 22 - 120 - 22 - 120 - 22 - 120. You can try with "FPS2D" downloadable on the Market.

Guest dieghito
Hi

Plz help me. How can i instal the new rom? Recovery dont work, because wen i instal the new recover, it just freez with acer logo on the screen. I tryed to flash for version 1.100.00 bin.But now, what do i need to do? plz someone help:S Ty

you now have got the 1.100 and it works???

if it works:

-download this rom, go to xp windows vista or windows 7 and launch install.exe (without connect the phone to pc.) when programs ask you to connect it, you madeit.

- wait the proces.

-the new rom reboots.

now you can finstall recovery 1.1.2, and by recovery flash zip from sd card --> the root zip posted before

Guest Nu11eR
I'M SORRY, I EDIT THE IMAGE, BECAUSE IT IS ABOUT LIQUID METAL WITH METALHONEY.

I am just registered only for say that this images is fake :D My Quadrant result - 1288

Guest vache
I am just registered only for say that this images is fake :D My Quadrant result - 1288

That's what he says, he made a mistake about pictures.

Guest Nu11eR

For now on this rom i have:

a few force close on standart apps

1 fail wake-up(phone was working good, but screen was black, fixed with reset)

now my phone thinks, that there is USB connect to it, but it dont

also, slow launcher(fixed it with another launcher from market)

Almost working root (always fc after first success start)

but i'm happy, 2.3 looks great :D

Edited by Nu11eR

Guest dieghito
I am just registered only for say that this images is fake My Quadrant result - 1288

one more user on forum.

in my sd I had got some images, and i chose an old image, i'm sorry. Try to look the page 6, i edit the thread. I score about 1200-1300.

@vache

MY quadrant is perfet, not bug never. in the spiral i made a lot of...about 23 fps only with 800mhz. Metal honey scores 20-23 with 1600mhz

this is importan

root works, but non fully, because if I write "su" on terminal, superuser crash, If I write on pc "adb remount" it say me operaton non permitted.

but rootexplorer and others work

Guest Nu11eR
if I write "su" on terminal, superuser crash, If I write on pc "adb remount" it say me operaton non permitted.

but rootexplorer and others work

same for me, but only adfree working with root, droidwall, busybox installer and terminal dont

Everyone is playing happily with Android 2.3.3 B)

Now about stability it's not fully stable for now. I had a few issue with the phone stuck into sleep mode (unable to turn the screen on), a few force close but probaby from incompatible apps.

Graphic performance still require some work as animations are a bit choppy. However the device is pretty responsive.

This ROM is a work in progrss but it is very promising.

As for new stuffs... well I don't see anything incredible for now but I haven't played that much :D

Guest Glory.0
Everyone is playing happily with Android 2.3.3 B)

Now about stability it's not fully stable for now. I had a few issue with the phone stuck into sleep mode (unable to turn the screen on), a few force close but probaby from incompatible apps.

Graphic performance still require some work as animations are a bit choppy. However the device is pretty responsive.

This ROM is a work in progrss but it is very promising.

As for new stuffs... well I don't see anything incredible for now but I haven't played that much :D

Yep, the main issue for a daily use is the phone getting stuck in sleep mode.

I had 3 of them in 2 days. (It seems to be related to crashing apps, like "notification")

Guest chris_kozani

personally i had "sleep mode" issue and with 2.2 roms.the solution i have found is to disable auto backlight.after disabling it my phones wakes every time ok.and finally in this ginger rom,no lock app seems to work for opening phone from standby with volume buttons without enabled wifi.

Edited by chris_kozani

Guest Frojd

I am getting a "message not sent" error when trying to send sms. Happens using both this and gingerounay.

The SMS center number is correct. Any idea what can cause this? I've never experienced it before this ROM. Using 3 in Sweden.

Other than that I like Acer's touch on gingerbread a lot! didn't try any 3d but never had any "stuck in sleep" problem during the last 36h.

Guest kennytan79
I am getting a "message not sent" error when trying to send sms. Happens using both this and gingerounay.

The SMS center number is correct. Any idea what can cause this? I've never experienced it before this ROM. Using 3 in Sweden.

Other than that I like Acer's touch on gingerbread a lot! didn't try any 3d but never had any "stuck in sleep" problem during the last 36h.

did this got ful function of d set runing well.. quit interest to flash it

Guest violetina

hi i really want to test this out but i have no windows (only have gnu/linux) so there is no way to install this gingerbread rom or did i miss something ?

maybe alternative option is install a windows xp in virtualbox , will this work??

.......... i rather not install xp tho :x

greets tina x

Guest davidevinavil
hi i really want to test this out but i have no windows (only have gnu/linux) so there is no way to install this gingerbread rom or did i miss something ?

maybe alternative option is install a windows xp in virtualbox , will this work??

.......... i rather not install xp tho :x

greets tina x

I'm in your same condition, but is dangerous using a virtual machine because in flash process phone change a lot of time usb adress, so could be that flash not goes to end..

I've another hard disk whit windows vista that use only for flash phone :/

I know is a bit annoying use an hard disk or make another partition to put windows in dual boot, but you must..

Is not possible use Acer download tool in Linux :D

Guest violetina
I'm in your same condition, but is dangerous using a virtual machine because in flash process phone change a lot of time usb adress, so could be that flash not goes to end..

I've another hard disk whit windows vista that use only for flash phone :/

I know is a bit annoying use an hard disk or make another partition to put windows in dual boot, but you must..

Is not possible use Acer download tool in Linux :)

thx for the fast response will not try a vm , and i have no disk to install windows on (lol in fact i yesterday removed xp from the lappy cause i havent used it in ages)

so will there ever be a gingerbread rom which can be installed with some recovery tool or via fastboot ?

guess mac users are left in the cold too or do they have an app to install the rom?

Guest davidevinavil
thx for the fast response will not try a vm , and i have no disk to install windows on (lol in fact i yesterday removed xp from the lappy cause i havent used it in ages)

so will there ever be a gingerbread rom which can be installed with some recovery tool or via fastboot ?

guess mac users are left in the cold too or do they have an app to install the rom?

Gingerbread has a different system partition and right now the only methods is using Acer download tool..

An it works only on windows system..

Guest wadefak

anyone tried reverting back to froyo after upgrade to gingerbread? want to know if can flash using ADT or recovery in case anything happens :)

Guest davidevinavil
anyone tried reverting back to froyo after upgrade to gingerbread? want to know if can flash using ADT or recovery in case anything happens :)

You can revert back without problem..

Only a tip, when you start flash ADT will ask you if you want change partition table..

Choose yes and let's flash..

Guest Karon

Hey, I´ve got kind of a problem. Previous to Gingerbread I used the default Android UI. I wasn´t that happy with the Acer UI, so I switched it off. Now, after the update, I wanted to take a look at the new Breeze, but I can´t find the option to switch it on again. Where is it????

And furthermore the process "android.process.acore" crashes when opening the dial-pad or ending a call. Any ideas on this??

Thx!

Guest PhilNelwyn
Hey, I´ve got kind of a problem. Previous to Gingerbread I used the default Android UI. I wasn´t that happy with the Acer UI, so I switched it off. Now, after the update, I wanted to take a look at the new Breeze, but I can´t find the option to switch it on again. Where is it????

And furthermore the process "android.process.acore" crashes when opening the dial-pad or ending a call. Any ideas on this??

Thx!

I think that you didn't realize but you actually use the new Acer UI.

Don't you have Breeze style notifications ? Don't you have the Breeze launcher and lockscreen ?

The new Acer UI is lighter, and I prefer it this way, it's really nice, but they removed (for the moment ?) the option to switch to pure Android.