Very low signal of GSM

Guest XVitaha

Guest XVitaha

Hi everyone. I have a problem with my Orange San Francisco - all the time I have a very low signal of GSM module. In system information I have signal level -101 dBm and can't make or receive any calls.

First I have 2.1-update1 Build OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10, then i was flased it to custom rom with Froyo. Didn't work.

Also i was trying to fix antenna contacts like in that topic http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1557126 but it also didn't solve my problem.

Now i am having above 1 min of low signal and next 2-3 min. don't have any signal. Tried sim cards of 2 mobile operators.

Would be very grateful for any help, because i am from Ukraine and can't return the phone to the seller.

P.S. Sorry if my English very bad

Edited by XVitaha

Guest Swimmerboy
Hi everyone. I have a problem with my Orange San Francisco - all the time I have a very low signal of GSM module. In system information I have signal level -101 dBm and can't make or receive any calls.

First I have 2.1-update1 Build OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10, then i was flased it to custom rom with Froyo. Didn't work.

Also i was trying to fix antenna contacts like in that topic http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1557126 but it also didn't solve my problem.

Now i am having above 1 min of low signal and next 2-3 min. don't have any signal. Tried sim cards of 2 mobile operators.

Would be very grateful for any help, because i am from Ukraine and can't return the phone to the seller.

P.S. Sorry if my English very bad

Might be bad news then - I had exactly the same problem with my first Blade. Tried 3 different operators sim cards in it with stock and custom Roms and nothing helped. Tried everything I could to fix it but it was a hardware fault and I had to take it back to where I purchased it from for a replacement.

Has this problem just started or has it been like this since you've had it?

Guest XVitaha
Has this problem just started or has it been like this since you've had it?

This problem was already when I taken the phone. I Will writing to my seller on ebay, maybe he would give me another one.

Guest Violinist

Also from Ukraine, have the same issue. Kyivstar ~ 95-110dbm. Nearby nexus - 55dbm on the same sim.

Tried flashing GEN 2 Radio - nothing changed, but I was able to see Utel network (UMTS 2100) but can not connect to it. (RLS4b Rom).

Also tried all wi-fi antenna fixes - nothing.

Noticed that signal can be around 85-90 dbm if phone is laying down for awhile on a same place, but on a light move - signal will fall again to ~ 101 dbm

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Violinist

Hi, Finally I repaired my phone with the same problem.

Main problem was in antenna's circuit pathes. I attached what was done by one my friend to resolve this issue.

Ps. now It's even beat nearby nexus on the same sim-cards =) 51 dbm vs 55 dBM on Nexus

post-866290-1304015324_thumb.jpg

Edited by Violinist

Guest dave_mx85

Main problem was in antenna's circuit pathes. I attached what was done by one my friend to resolve this issue.

Ps. now It's even beat nearby nexus on the same sim-cards =) 51 dbm vs 55 dBM on Nexus

Hello just one question,did you solder the little wire?because mine circuit it seems to be good...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mobile579

Does anyone know what was done? Does something need cleaning with some IPA or is soldering required?

There is no indication on the photo what was changed?

TIA

Guest Skip Tracer
Does anyone know what was done? Does something need cleaning with some IPA or is soldering required?

There is no indication on the photo what was changed?

TIA

I think it’s the very fine piece of wire bridging the contacts.

That wire is like a cat’s whisker, glad mine works alright. :unsure:

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest buachaille

Thanks Violinist !

I was a bit skeptical that this would work, but desperate enough to try. Fiddly bit of soldering, but managed it and where I was getting 0 to 1 bars before, now 3 to 4 in exactly the same spot. Difference between binning the phone and keeping it. Cheers bud.

• 2 months later...
Guest Dennis 29

guys plz help me... I have the same problem and i did follow those steps, well how can i find that connector "soldier" and what are the simulteneously procedure !?

I really do want to use this phone...

• 1 month later...
Guest -danger-

Violinist

Привет. у меня похожая проблема.

купил blade на ebay.

продавец твердит, что все было с ним ок.

пробовал множество прошивок.

Просто не видит ни одну GSM сеть.

"Укртелеком" только есть в списке, но не регистрирует телефон в этой сети.

Уровень зашкаливает за -100 dBM и выше.

Поможет ли мне твой фикс с проводом?

Edited by -danger-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest -danger-

I followed all steps but signal is not good but better than. But was it before.....is there any other way. To to improve signal via hardware

can you make some photos too? because I don't really understand what points on motherboard need to be joined/soldered.

can you make some photos too? because I don't really understand what points on motherboard need to be joined/soldered.

The wire is small but ifyou magnify the pictures you can see where to solder.

My phone has had terrible reception since a drop on the floor, given the delicate nature of this part of the PCB I'm not surprised...I'm itching to try this fix.

Did anyone actually get their Blade working properly?

• 1 month later...
Guest Hauzer

I would like to confirm that is a hardware problem, and no software can solve the issue (other than applications such as "Signal Boost" by Orange, which uses a WiFi connection; but does not increase GSM reception).

I have followed the photos above, unfortunately I do not have a soldiering gun, therefore tried various different methods. I applied copper cables, and that seemed to work. But it wasn't too effective and came loose too often; so I put some staples in (I have not stapled anything). I have taken out a staple, bend it, and made the two items touch. I have placed 3 staples to increase connectivity, and I now recieve full signal [on O2/giffgaff] indoors.

I wouldn't recommend the staple idea, since it can come loose if the phone is dropped. What I would recommend is that you solder, or ask for a warranty (if you're out of warrenty, you can blag it to the CS). :)