Not a blade but only £19.99

Guest Lew247

Guest Azurren
It might be worth buying a pink phone just for the 6 months free internet.

£20 for 6 months free internet

or

£30 (£5 cashback :)) £25 for 6months web, £10 credit and a free android smartphone..

Hmmmmm.. Thats a tough one :)

Just like to remind everyone that this IS a clearance. If you are considering getting one then act fast as the only reason they are still in stock now is because they are pink!

Edited by Azurren

Guest The Soup Thief

Anyone know a free unlock service, or whether there's a 2.2 ROM that can be flashed to bypass the simlock?

Was gonna buy this for a mate in Ireland, but if it costs another 20 notes to get it unlocked, it becomes a bit less appealing

Guest toyotahilux

This really is a bargain, I remember looking at them before the blade was released though and then they had a msm7225 chipset, with the old 528mhz processor, not the 7227 as in the blade, so they must have upgraded them since then.

Still at this price, can you really complain? :)

Guest Ron=)
Any comments as to the quality of the resistive screen? Some can be pretty good (Nokia N9x phones), but some are just terrible; the ZTE Racer comes to mind.

"But the T-Mobile Pulse Mini is let down by its screen in a huge way, and not just because it’ll leave you squinting while trying to use it as a satnav. Although it’s no smaller or less pixel packed than the display on the HTC Tattoo, at 2.8-inches and 240×320 QVGA resolution, it still appears much more grainy, and more importantly, unresponsive, even though it’s running Android as well, and sports the same resistive touchscreen technology."

Well I've ordered mine.. and I have a resistive Nokia n97 mini to compare with :/ But I know what you mean by a "good resistive screen"

Edited by Ron=)

Guest Azurren

Heh my brother has had one of these for a long time.. Perhaps I should have done a mini review of it as soon as this thread started :)

Pros:

Good battery life

Wifi sleep policy actually works

O.K.A.Y camera.. Passable flash

Small, good build quality

3.5mm headphone jack (Well.. The Pulse had a 2.5)

Has everything a smartphone should (Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth etc.)

Feels good in the hand

Quite fast, can multitask about 5 apps

Ships with a factory screen protector

Comes with a stylus that tucks away nicely

Some 2.1 custom roms

Cons:

Screen is grainy

Screen is slightly unresponsive

Screen is small..

Brightness has to be maxed

Typing is impossible with man sized fingers (Landscape mode and/or stylus is a must)

Custom modding community is stale

Stuck on android 2.1

No chance of an upgrade.. Although it was promised months ago

But for this price it is a definite winner

Just ordered one, don't care about the phone, just got it for the 6 months free internet, my compulsory £20 topup on Orange is running out, 3g internet runs out soon, so I'll probably put the sim card in my blade & get another free payg sim for the pulse mini. Could also get £20.02 to recycle the phone (plus another £3.50 quidco cashback) & ebay/keep any accessories.

Edited by wbaw

Guest stylezuk
Just ordered one, don't care about the phone, just got it for the 6 months free internet, my compulsory £20 topup on Orange is running out, 3g internet runs out soon, so I'll probably put the sim card in my blade & get another free payg sim for the pulse mini. Could also get £20.02 to recycle the phone (plus another £3.50 quidco cashback) & ebay/keep any accessories.

It's only 500MB P/M though as new subscribers don't get the 1GB P/M deal, still pretty whack considering the 3 all you can eat plan :)

Back on topic thinking about buying one for daughter as least then can get into android :)

Guest mrg9999
Shame its pink.. No silicone cases available for it either :)

If I wasn't on contract then I may have picked one up

I like pink- makes me think of

girls

mcd's strawberry milkshakes

tuna

and other things I like.

Guest joe90uk
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-...ulse-mini-pink/

Next dirt cheap phone maybe?

What's the chance of people doing roms for this one?

I wouldn't want it myself but it's a dead cheap android phone for kids

So if i click on the link do you get payed per click or only if i buy the phone? most of us probably missed the Affiliate part of the link.

It's only 500MB P/M though as new subscribers don't get the 1GB P/M deal, still pretty whack considering the 3 all you can eat plan :)

Back on topic thinking about buying one for daughter as least then can get into android :)

That's £15 per month.

This is basically free for 6 months (usually £20) & if I go over 500mb (i probably wont) they just restrict what I can access rather than cut it off or charge extra.

Much better than £5 for 250mb/30 days on orange.

Guest Azurren
Huawei sucks (Y) lol! It took them months to release the 2.1 update and that had bugs with the update -___-

And by that logic ZTE also suck as we haven't received an official update for our blades. Not even a bug-fix patch :)

Lucky we have an awesome dev community

Guest Celtic67

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but is there any way to actually get this for £20? I'm only looking to get a spare phone, am stuck in a contract that includes Internet, so don't need the extra £10 topup. I realise £25 using Quidco isn't bad, I'm just trying to save money on the SIM that'll sit in a drawer doing nothing.

Guest isambard
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but is there any way to actually get this for £20? I'm only looking to get a spare phone, am stuck in a contract that includes Internet, so don't need the extra £10 topup. I realise £25 using Quidco isn't bad, I'm just trying to save money on the SIM that'll sit in a drawer doing nothing.

you can try reselling the sim.

Guest The Soup Thief
Anyone know a free unlock service, or whether there's a 2.2 ROM that can be flashed to bypass the simlock?

Was gonna buy this for a mate in Ireland, but if it costs another 20 notes to get it unlocked, it becomes a bit less appealing

So no more news about unlocking? Noone know of anything less than 20quid?

Guest Ron=)
Cheers hecatae - that's 10 quid's progress :)

Use a turbo sim of ebay / deal extreme to unlock cheaply

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/new-i-smartsi...ttachment-13480

Works perfectly on my pulse

EDIT: I have seen newer ones on ebay now that dont require you to cut your sim!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-No-Cut-Cel...=item27b99224c7

Edited by Ron=)

Guest stylezuk
That's £15 per month.

This is basically free for 6 months (usually £20) & if I go over 500mb (i probably wont) they just restrict what I can access rather than cut it off or charge extra.

Much better than £5 for 250mb/30 days on orange.

See your point regards Orange :)

T-Mobile it's not really free as req £10pm on account and you get something like a 1000 texts thrown in if still same deal and 100 mins talk "cross network"

3 it's £15 PM "unlimitted data" awesome for laptop users :) 3000 texts and 300 minutes "cross network" so that £5 extra is nothing compared to the advantage.

ps. i don't work for 3 just think that smartphones are made for constant data....

See your point regards Orange :)

T-Mobile it's not really free as req £10pm on account and you get something like a 1000 texts thrown in if still same deal and 100 mins talk "cross network"

3 it's £15 PM "unlimitted data" awesome for laptop users :) 3000 texts and 300 minutes "cross network" so that £5 extra is nothing compared to the advantage.

ps. i don't work for 3 just think that smartphones are made for constant data....

Theres no £10pm on account requirement for the internet on t-mobile. It's (usually) £20 for 6 months @500mb, included for free with this £20 phone (but I can get cashback & also sell the phone if I buy it with the phone). I won't be using more than 500mb/month, it's only for a bit of light web browsing & checking emails on my blade while I'm out, it's on wifi most of the time. 6 months 'unlimited' internet costs £90 on 3, or 6 months of more internet than I'm likely to use costs £20 on t-mobile. As with all mobile deals it depends how you use your phone which is best for you, but I think the t-mobile deal looks ok for me.

It also costs more for voip users & people on some landline deals to call you if you're on 3, because they have higher termination fees than other uk operators.

The 100mins & texts free with a £10 topup is a different deal, I get that too. I probably wont use all those before they expire at the end of the month, so there wouldnt be much point in me having more if they still only last 30 days.

Edited by wbaw

Guest stylezuk
Theres no £10pm on account requirement for the internet on t-mobile. It's (usually) £20 for 6 months @500mb, included for free with this £20 phone (but I can get cashback & also sell the phone if I buy it with the phone). I won't be using more than 500mb/month, it's only for a bit of light web browsing & checking emails on my blade while I'm out, it's on wifi most of the time. 6 months 'unlimited' internet costs £90 on 3, or 6 months of more internet than I'm likely to use costs £20 on t-mobile. As with all mobile deals it depends how you use your phone which is best for you, but I think the t-mobile deal looks ok for me.

It also costs more for voip users & people on some landline deals to call you if you're on 3, because they have higher termination fees than other uk operators.

The 100mins & texts free with a £10 topup is a different deal, I get that too. I probably wont use all those before they expire at the end of the month, so there wouldnt be much point in me having more if they still only last 30 days.

As said do see why as have been a T-Mo customer prior to the 3 deal, your right it's what fits your needs, i'm tetherd pretty much all night @ work so the 3 deal is awesome.. Didn't realize no top up req :)