ZTE V9/Light 2.2 Update now available..

Guest Sebastian404

Guest modacool

I'm running the official 2.2 from Optus.

Does anyone knows how to root it?

oneclickrecovery works and install the recovery, but I'd like to get one that roots only.

androot, z4root and visionary don't seem to work.

Guest neslot

I have been following Sebastians guide on page one post 9, everything is fine until I enter the com port.

From the doc:

After PORT CONFIG press OK , the FIRST (OPEN ) will change to (READY)

This does not happen to me. It stays on Open and does not change to ready. I have the port correct.

I am running Superuser, I turned on my device using up and down volume, when i saw the button, and I am running the patched .exe (which is in the same directory as the installation file).

When I try and backup, I get BACKUP NV ERROR.

I don't understand what I am doing the wrong, the only thing I am unsure about is step 5:

5) run Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program and at the bottom left point it at the location you unrared the larger file

Could it be not working because I went strait from stock 2.1 to cynagen mod? I skipped updating to 2.2 because the dumb guide I read didn't list it in the steps.

Here is my original post for more info: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/340...5-31/page/200/#

If anyone can help me it would be so very much appreciated, I really wanna play with my new device!

Edited by neslot

Guest sneakytoiletroll
Did you dump the ROM or have you already updated it?

Sadly I didn't dump the rom first so any help Seb would be a huge help. I'm having to use another provider in the meantime but it is not a great solution.

Edited by sneakytoiletroll

Guest weaselton
Sadly I didn't dump the rom first so any help Seb would be a huge help. I'm having to use another provider in the meantime but it is not a great solution.

i did a dump of my one (i also have a telecom v9 tablet) so hopefully it will help in getting it working fir you.

Guest garfin
This does not happen to me. It stays on Open and does not change to ready. I have the port correct.

Could it be not working because I went strait from stock 2.1 to cynagen mod? I skipped updating to 2.2 because the dumb guide I read didn't list it in the steps.

Here is my original post for more info: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/340...5-31/page/200/#

In your Original post ,you said ..

These are the steps i performed in case people want it a bit more clear cut..

Device: Optus MyTab (ZTE V9)

- Completed Optus Official 2.2 Upgrade (Optus_V9 Upgrade Tool_30th_April.zip)

- Followed Guide as from V9 Tools File (Flash CM7 to ZTE v9.docx)

Once in the OS itself and the device was working.

- Copied the Google Apps pack(gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip)

- Rebooted into Recovery Mode.

- Then follow the normal steps of Installing a Zip file and choose the Google Apps File.

Files used:

* v9 Tools.zip (and all files inside of location as requested by guide)

* update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-V9-KANG-signed_20110531.zip

* gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

Worked 1st shot, no problems.. Just stick to the above lineup and i cant see any issues from what ive tested ;)

So which is true?? , in one post you say you went from stock 2.1 to CM7 , skipping 2.2 , and in another post you claim to have done the 2.2 upgrade and then installed CM7 and it worked "1st shot" ...

*confused*

Edited by garfin

Guest neslot

garfin, ntonio is some other guy, i guess it kind of looks like neslot ;).

I did not upgrade to 2.2, I definetly should have, but i read a guide on another forum which didn't state that step!!

Is there a way I can download the stock rom as a zip and flash it from recoverymod?

Guest iChopstick

I have flashed kallt_kaffe's cm7 on my device, and it was working fine, until I reboot after uninstalling some unneeded stuff with root explorer. It is now stuck on the skateboard logo, so I ran the steps Sebastian404 mentioned, however, it fails and message says: The version is not matching,can not use this software!, after I click start all on download. Any ideas?

Just to make sure I had it right

I ran the .exe that was installed, not the patched one

also cannot check SU, says sent ID to get license when I try

did I get it right?

EDIT: nvm got it back running ;) Realised I had to flash it using the patched .exe

Edited by iChopstick

Guest neslot

5) run Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program and at the bottom left point it at the location you unrared the larger file

I dont fully understand the above, does this mean click SW and then point it to the directory of the extracted rom files?

I guess it must be something else, as step 10 is the same..

10) at the bottom of the application under 'File Information' press SW Directory and browse to the 'V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03(offical)' directory

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

Guest neslot

Can Sebastian or one of the other guys assist? I'm getting desperate, tempted to throw away the tablet, it's caused so much frustration and wasted time.

I've just going through the guide once again in post 9, and once again I get stuck at step 9:

9) using hardware manager find the port for your device and set it in Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01's setting (read the DOC file for more info)

I get the com port from device manager, enter it in my cracked copy of v9 flasher and instead of OPEN changing to READY it just stays on OPEN.

Guest iChopstick
Can Sebastian or one of the other guys assist? I'm getting desperate, tempted to throw away the tablet, it's caused so much frustration and wasted time.

I've just going through the guide once again in post 9, and once again I get stuck at step 9:

9) using hardware manager find the port for your device and set it in Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01's setting (read the DOC file for more info)

I get the com port from device manager, enter it in my cracked copy of v9 flasher and instead of OPEN changing to READY it just stays on OPEN.

I used Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe and it worked, location the port of your device, check SU, and follow the rest of Sebas404's steps.

Guest neslot

I am following every step to best of my ability, it's just in Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227 (cracked) when i select the corresponding correct com port it just stays on OPEN instead of READY.

Paypal donation for whoever helps fix this!

Edited by neslot

Guest garfin
garfin, ntonio is some other guy, i guess it kind of looks like neslot ;).

OMG ... i musta been tired, and crosseyed when looking at that , sorry gents..

Get yourself going with KK's repackaged Optus 2.2 Rom ..

Then once your going again as an Optus 2.2 Rom'ed device... you can try the CM7 upgrade process, suggest you take a read of Caustic Soda's guide , maybe less confusing ??

Edited by garfin

Guest garfin
I am following every step to best of my ability, it's just in Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227 (cracked) when i select the corresponding correct com port it just stays on OPEN instead of READY.

Paypal donation for whoever helps fix this!

If Tablet is showing in device manager of windows, but your not getting 'ready' in the Sales_...exe it would seem that the Tablet is NOT in FTM or programmable mode ..

Edited by garfin

Guest weaselton
Thanks for that, I'll try and get to look at it this weekend.

How did you get on with it ? did you find out any reasons why 850mhz wouldnt work for sneakytoiletroll?

Guest Phish411
Ok, guys, I've managed to screw up my V9 using the files as a TPT, but people seem to have had more success with the .EXE that is also linked...

I recommend you proceed with care..

If any of you have an Optus mytab and are feel like installing it, can you PM me before you run it.. I might be able to fix my tab with your help...

Hi, I have just upgraded my ZTE V9 to 2.2. Its working a treat apart from it registering my SIM card with my mobile carrier. have you come across this before?

thanks

Guest alombardo
Hi ;) i've tried to do everything you told but i'm realy noob in these things :D ... i just don't know how to edit the file :D and put there my IMEI what editor did you use

i realy need help :D SOLVED :P

Hi I´m having the same problem, I upgraded to 2.2 but my IMEI have changed, I try to edit it with the hex editor but it is always in the same. Everytime I reboot after trying to restoreNV the IMEI don´t change.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!!!

Edit: Problem solved

Edited by alombardo

Guest big kay

hi,

I'm a newbie.

my device is zte v9 light.I've downloaded the 2 rar files in my computer.So can someone tell me what next to do in order to upgrade to ver 2.2 for my zte v9 light

tq

Guest JJ.Strange

Hello,

I have a problem with updating my ZTE V9 Light 7. I tried to update Android 2.1 update 1 to Android 2.2, but it can't be done by following instructions given in the beginning of this thread. Is there any simple step by step instructions for this kind of update (2.1 update 1 -> 2.2) somewhere?

Guest mariojjsimoes

Hello, all,

After the the upgrade to 2.2 i've tried and tried to get the imei back but i just cant. Backup NV failed with multisales app. I even tried just upload to a channle1.nvm file someone put here in one of the threads and i couldn't...

The question is is that if i use vol+ & vol- &poiwer i get a serial port, but backup NV and restore NV always fail, altough i can still upload an image (that's how i updated to 2.2).

I i use hust vol- & power there is no serial port detected as i get an unknown device...

Any help or suggestion would be great.... Thank you in advance, Mario.

Guest JJ.Strange
"The version is not matching,can not use this software!"

Finnish Zte Light from operator Sonera...

The version is not matching,can not use this software!" <--Same problem. What's wrong wiht ZTE V9 update? Help me please.

11) in Action Mode tick the 'Backup NV' box and then Press 'Start All' ----> FAIL! What's wrong?

12) you should find a file called 'Channel1.nvm' in the program directory, take a copy of that. <--- How can i find this file??? B) Where will it end?

EDIT: Android 2.2 installed! It Work! :)

Edited by JJ.Strange

Guest sixreason

Well seems alot of ppl pm me bout installing flash, let me share then. Btw its flash-lite NOT flash 10. Dont flame me :)

First go here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ix2iwdm4otl

Download & install. If cant install just change the extension from zip > apk. If any browser open do kill it. Then run again.

I used the Opera Mobile & it seems 'can' run flash videos website but sometimes cant. Seeing its only flash-lite, not the gpu assist Flash 10, flash game cant seem to run

BTW I still cant find a way to overclock it....