Help! Can't boot into recovery

Guest k0zmic

Guest k0zmic

I just upgraded my Blade to Gen 2. It all went well and I flashed CM7 for Gen 2 Blades with the patch. But it wasn't too smooth and was a bit slow so I went into recovery and wiped it and reflashed then my phone got stuck ont he green Android logo. Did that a few times and gave up. So I went into recovery and upgraded to the latest clockworkmod, rebooted but I got a distorted screen. I'm trying to restore an old version of recovery via fastboot but my device won't detect on Windows. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks

Guest jamidodger1

You've bricked it. I think.

If you update clockwork it'll brick it and you can't use fastboot flash thing with GEN 2.

:/ No Idea's Sorry :/

Jamie.

Guest k0zmic
You've bricked it. I think.

If you update clockwork it'll brick it and you can't use fastboot flash thing with GEN 2.

:/ No Idea's Sorry :/

Jamie.

Thanks for the reply. Not even fastboot via ADB as it says here? http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...2-windows-only/ (Scroll down to Disadvantages of Gen 2)

Edited by k0zmic

Guest k0zmic
have you tried using adb and holding down + or - vol? forgotten which ones which :$

I've got it into Fastboot via Power and Volume Up but Windows doesn't see the device. I'm going to check the drivers, I don't think it's bricked. It's on life support.

Guest k0zmic
Ok, have you got the ZTE drivers? I can attach them if you want?

I've got them thanks. Windows keeps saying my device is up to date already when I try install them.

Guest jamidodger1
I've got them thanks. Windows keeps saying my device is up to date already when I try install them.

Can you see your device in the device manager?

Guest jamidodger1
As 'Not recognized' so I try update them and browse to the driver directory but still no.

Can you print screen your device manager?

Guest k0zmic
Can you print screen your device manager?

Yep, Attached. I might try to find all the ZTE drivers and just uninstall them then try reinstall.

post-658373-1302894054_thumb.png

post-658373-1302894061_thumb.png

Edited by k0zmic

Guest jamidodger1
Yep, Attached.

Have you tried right clicking on the "unknown device" then update device software then browse my computer for software then let me pick from a list then click have disk then pointing to the directory of the drivers? then installing it through that?

Guest k0zmic
Have you tried right clicking on the "unknown device" then update device software then browse my computer for software then let me pick from a list then click have disk then pointing to the directory of the drivers? then installing it through that?

Have done, that's how I result in the error. I tried installing the .INF files by 'Picking from a list of available drivers' and then browsing to the extracted ones.

Guest jamidodger1

I THINK you've bricked it to be honest :/ you'll want a secound opinion as i'm not totally sure. Good Luck and i'll keep a eye on the topic post

Guest k0zmic
I THINK you've bricked it to be honest :/ you'll want a secound opinion as i'm not totally sure. Good Luck and i'll keep a eye on the topic post

Argh damn. Okay, Thanks for your help. I'll keep trying in the meanwhile.

Guest k0zmic
What I did last time was to re-run the Gen1 to Gen2 upgrade - to get clockwork back (but that is if you can get into the FTM mode)

I can't get it into the FTM mode via Power and Vol Down, unless theres another way?

EDIT: Had some luck, booted into the dead recovery mode and driver notification appeared. Installed via Browse and Diagnostic Interface thing appears in Device Manager. So I went into TFT Flasher on Windows and I can press the start button. I haven't done so yet but is this what you did Ken? Sure it works?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest k0zmic

Well, I'm re-running the TFT method. Praying it works.

Woo, it worked! Thanks everyone for your help.

Edited by k0zmic