Update : ZTE IMEI flash tool for "IMEI ALL 0" machine

Guest burstlam

Guest burstlam

I got this IMEI flash tool from a ZTE user group in China which they use this to fix the IMEI ALL 0 issue for a ZTE N600 machine (confirmed that it is an Android phone)

provided that u have the original IMEI code written down.

MEID_tools.png

and this flasher will work only for a machine with IMEI ALL 0 only. use this under FTM mode linkage.

just type in the IMEI code and leave the ESN column to be blanked

for those who got a new imei generated, the forum provide a fix that u might mess up the imei to all 0

by unplugging the usb cable during the firmware upgrading process..

but this sounds too dangerous to try I think

so, If anyone try this and work then we probably may have a safety net

edit : I try the flasher by selecting the proper port(mine is COM4) but it keeps saying searching for 10mins but nothing appear.

edit: 17 APR

here I got another set tools of Qualcomm yet

the QPSt 2.7 build 323 and QXDM Professional 3.12.714

http://hotfile.com/dl/114670180/cbd245d/QP...ild363.rar.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/114670632/36a0d73/QX..._winxp.rar.html

install both program and connect the phone with FTM mode

Start QPST >>>> QPST Configuration>>

Snap-2011-04-17-02-40-35.jpg

Select Add Port and it wil bring up another window

Snap-2011-04-17-02-40-51.jpg

select the port with qc diag. press ok .then the port service will be enable.

meanwhile, u may backup the ESN data with "Start clients" >>> "software Download" >>> "backup"

Snap-2011-04-17-02-42-21.jpg

Don't close QPST. and open qxdm professional.

setup the communication with the phone by "option" >>>>"communication"

Snap-2011-04-17-03-09-13.jpg

select "Target port" corresponding to the one u setup in QPST

Then select "View" >>> "Common" >>> "NVBrowser"

Snap-2011-04-17-03-14-03.jpg

goto ID 1992, change the input value from 0 to 1 then click write to change the status.

then type in the command tab : RequestNVItemWrite meid 0xA00000XXXXXXXX that X should be the MEID

from the menu it will bring up the terminal with a success message.

change back the values of ID 1992 in the NV browser. then reboot the phone.

now... the question is I am not sure is about the "X" exact MEID..

I study the QPST program menu and find this :

menu >>>> start client >>>>> service programming > OK

it will bring up an new module session. select "read from phone" on the lower left hand corner.. then I saw this information in the "NAS" tab

22.jpg

for I didn't upgrade to gen2 , I could see a correct IMEI

and there is option of write to the phone, yet it seems to me that some information is missing on that page....

so I dare not try to write the phone...

I believe this software is the correct answer to the IMEI issue

wonder if anyone could manage this tool.

WN_MEID_CDMAV1.00.rar

Edited by burstlam

Guest fonix232
Is it not illegal to change imei?

It is if you change it to something different. Reverting back to original IMEI from a damaged flashing is, however, legal and actually, suggested, and from legal causes, required.

Guest Frankish
It is if you change it to something different. Reverting back to original IMEI from a damaged flashing is, however, legal and actually, suggested, and from legal causes, required.

Thumbup then!

Guest Sebastian404
Is it not illegal to change imei?

Fairly sure in the UK it is, however I'm not sure that is the case everywhere....

A certain manufacture who supplies all the same devices to my company all seem to use the same IMEI number, I had 5 devices at one point with the same IMEI number, AT&T did not seem to care.

Interesting program this tho, anyone has any success?

Guest isambard
Fairly sure in the UK it is, however I'm not sure that is the case everywhere....

A certain manufacture who supplies all the same devices to my company all seem to use the same IMEI number, I had 5 devices at one point with the same IMEI number, AT&T did not seem to care.

Interesting program this tho, anyone has any success?

It's illegal in the UK. Probably changing the MAC address on your phone is also illegal.

Guest Sebastian404
It's illegal in the UK. Probably changing the MAC address on your phone is also illegal.

Knowing a little bit about the way RAN works, I believe the most important part of the whole thing is your MSDN, and that lives on your SIM.

If you have Multiple SIMS in devices with the same MSDN you can get all the devices to share the same number, but it can confuse things somewhat.

If you know the right people you can get your MSDN copied onto another of SIMs, When I migrated from an iPhone3 to an iPhone4 it was going to take 6 weeks for Orange to ship me a 'contract' microsim,so I managed to talk a very nice girl in an Orange Store into selling me a iPad PAYG SIM, and then copying my existing MSDN onto it, and for a few days both devices would ring at the same time. I believe orange used to offer such a service for people with Car Phones in the dim and distant past.

I suspect tho trying anything like this is at least breaking the network T&C's, if not illegal, I'm sure they could have a go at bringing up the computer misuse act...

On the note of MAC address tho, I've changed the MAC address of every laptop I've ever bought, its much simpler than trying to remember how to change my firewall rule base :)

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest simonsays1

I'm sure that it would be illegal (in the UK) to use this tool to change to a new IMEI, for instance if you have a stolen/barred phone and wanted to unblock it.

But I can't see anything wrong with unbricking your phone and restoring the original IMEI.

Guest psidoc

It is illegal to change the IMEI number of any sellphone in the UK. So even if done by mistake via a bad flash or something going wrong you are technically breaking the law if you use the phone in that condition.

However... If you are repairing the phone and restoring the IMEI to it's original number then that is NOT illegal and is infact recommended.

This does also leave the more unscrupulous with a method of changing the IMEI to allow a stolen phone to work though.

Psi

Guest x.balli.x

tried the zte flash tool, since i just converted my OSF to Gen2, when i go to settings > about > status, it shows 'IMEI' (which is the original one and the one i flashed) and 'IMEI SV' which is 00

Guest tpipe

I'd be very careful with anything in this area:

Re-programming mobile telephone etc.

(1)A person commits an offence if—

(a)he changes a unique device identifier, or

(b)he interferes with the operation of a unique device identifier.

(2)A unique device identifier is an electronic equipment identifier which is unique to a mobile wireless communications device.

(3)But a person does not commit an offence under this section if—

(a)he is the manufacturer of the device, or

(b)he does the act mentioned in subsection (1) with the written consent of the manufacturer of the device.

(4)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable—

(a)on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or to both, or

(b)on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or to a fine or to both

Possession or supply of anything for re-programming purposes

(1)A person commits an offence if—

(a)he has in his custody or under his control anything which may be used for the purpose of changing or interfering with the operation of a unique device identifier, and

(b)he intends to use the thing unlawfully for that purpose or to allow it to be used unlawfully for that purpose.

(2)A person commits an offence if—

(a)he supplies anything which may be used for the purpose of changing or interfering with the operation of a unique device identifier, and

(b)he knows or believes that the person to whom the thing is supplied intends to use it unlawfully for that purpose or to allow it to be used unlawfully for that purpose.

(3)A person commits an offence if—

(a)he offers to supply anything which may be used for the purpose of changing or interfering with the operation of a unique device identifier, and

(b)he knows or believes that the person to whom the thing is offered intends if it is supplied to him to use it unlawfully for that purpose or to allow it to be used unlawfully for that purpose.

(4)A unique device identifier is an electronic equipment identifier which is unique to a mobile wireless communications device.

(5)A thing is used by a person unlawfully for a purpose if in using it for that purpose he commits an offence under section 1.

(6)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable—

(a)on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or to both, or

(b)on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or to a fine or to both.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2002/31/contents

Guest MDCFan

So everyone who upgraded/downgraded phone from one generation to another and lost their IMEI commited an offence. Obviously this software is needed to fix it.

Also QPST Software Download application can create and restore nvram backups, but expects phone to be in diagnostic mode. Anybody knows how to get into that mode?

Edited by MDCFan

Guest Simon O

Not really. If your IMEI has been damaged and you are using the tool to fix this then you will be fine. The law is mainly for people changing IMEI numbers to clone mobiles since if a phone has been reported stolen the IMEI is blocked. Changing this allows the phone to be used again, and sold. Which is illegal.

So as long as you are only using the tools to fix your own IMEI, you will be ok. Just.

Knowing a little bit about the way RAN works, I believe the most important part of the whole thing is your MSDN, and that lives on your SIM.

If you have Multiple SIMS in devices with the same MSDN you can get all the devices to share the same number, but it can confuse things somewhat.

If you know the right people you can get your MSDN copied onto another of SIMs, When I migrated from an iPhone3 to an iPhone4 it was going to take 6 weeks for Orange to ship me a 'contract' microsim,so I managed to talk a very nice girl in an Orange Store into selling me a iPad PAYG SIM, and then copying my existing MSDN onto it, and for a few days both devices would ring at the same time. I believe orange used to offer such a service for people with Car Phones in the dim and distant past.

It is a bit more complicated, there are two numbers used in mobile telephony, MSISDN and IMSI. Simply put, the IMSI is the one that identifies the SIM card and your subscription internally in the mobile network. The MSISDN is the phone number people can call you up with.

When your SIM is replaced, your MSISDN is associated with the new IMSI.

Guest isambard
Not really. If your IMEI has been damaged and you are using the tool to fix this then you will be fine. The law is mainly for people changing IMEI numbers to clone mobiles since if a phone has been reported stolen the IMEI is blocked. Changing this allows the phone to be used again, and sold. Which is illegal.

So as long as you are only using the tools to fix your own IMEI, you will be ok. Just.

in practice, you'll probably be OK, but technically it is still illegal.

Guest Sebastian404
It is a bit more complicated, there are two numbers used in mobile telephony, MSISDN and IMSI. Simply put, the IMSI is the one that identifies the SIM card and your subscription internally in the mobile network. The MSISDN is the phone number people can call you up with.

When your SIM is replaced, your MSISDN is associated with the new IMSI.

I've had a bunch of lectures with AT&T guys who know what they are talking about, but I did not pay too much attention it has to be said, I'm fairly sure they refered to it as MSDN over MSISDN, since I kept thinking they where talking about the MicroSoft Developer Network...

Guest scoula

So surely this could be used to go back to gen1 from gen2? As I understood the only problem with going back to gen1 after gen2 was the IMEI number changed, but with this program that can be solved.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Ok people. I tried QSPT method... I read anothers forums. I put my original IMEI in the TAC, FAC and SNR cases. The last number should be generated automaticly. Unfortunatly, mine is 0 and the original 9...

Any ideas ?

What I've doing:

-configure QSPT port, it's see my phone very well.

-launch QSPT service programming.

-click "read from the phone" enter the SPC "000000".

-Then in NAS I've put my original IMEI without the last number and wlick write to the phone.

After reboot, the IMEI is now correct, but without the last one, wich's 0 on phone ...

Any ideas ?

Thanks. (anyway my phone works)

EDIT: finally back (or re-back don't know) to the Gen2, at least there's a safe solution.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

I suspect tho trying anything like this is at least breaking the network T&C's, if not illegal, I'm sure they could have a go at bringing up the computer misuse act...

On the note of MAC address tho, I've changed the MAC address of every laptop I've ever bought, its much simpler than trying to remember how to change my firewall rule base :)

So you realise that having firewall rules based on a MAC address is usually a bit pointless.

Changing your MAC address is simple, easy & legal as long as you're not trying to break into somebody's network that relies on MAC address filtering.

in practice, you'll probably be OK, but technically it is still illegal.

Everything is technically illegal here in the UK, that's how the laws are usually worded, to be as broad as possible. I'm not sure if there is an exemption for repair or not, but it doesn't really matter.

If you're changing the imei back to what it was previously in order to repair an accidentally broken phone then you're unlikely to be prosecuted. If you start offering a service to anonymize stolen phones, then you could get in trouble.

Edited by wbaw

Guest leromarinvit
Everything is technically illegal here in the UK, that's how the laws are usually worded, to be as broad as possible. I'm not sure if there is an exemption for repair or not, but it doesn't really matter.

If you're changing the imei back to what it was previously in order to repair an accidentally broken phone then you're unlikely to be prosecuted. If you start offering a service to anonymize stolen phones, then you could get in trouble.

I guess if you just do it for yourself, probably nobody will even notice and if they do, they likely won't care. Even if you change your IMEI to something else for fun.

OT: But if they want to go after you for some other reason and find out, they probably will smash the charge at you: it's illegal and you violated the letter of the law, no matter what it was originally designed to prevent. I've recently become quite disillusioned with the justice system around here (not in the UK, but I don't think there's much of a difference anywhere in Europe). Some months ago, a few students were arrested because they had filmed a deportation for a university project. They're now accused of being a terrorist group. One of the charges was that they were manipulating airport radio systems (or planning to) - they had caught some mobile phone masts on the video...

Guest Sebastian404
So you realise that having firewall rules based on a MAC address is usually a bit pointless.

Yes, but I had a fit of keen-ness when I configured my firewall, and I have since lost the password, I REALLY cant be bothered to re-create my rule set from scratch.. hence the MAC address spoofing.

I will have to do it one day I guess.. but you know the old saying 'never do today what you can put off until tomorrow'

Guest isambard
I guess if you just do it for yourself, probably nobody will even notice and if they do, they likely won't care. Even if you change your IMEI to something else for fun.

OT: But if they want to go after you for some other reason and find out, they probably will smash the charge at you: it's illegal and you violated the letter of the law, no matter what it was originally designed to prevent. I've recently become quite disillusioned with the justice system around here (not in the UK, but I don't think there's much of a difference anywhere in Europe). Some months ago, a few students were arrested because they had filmed a deportation for a university project. They're now accused of being a terrorist group. One of the charges was that they were manipulating airport radio systems (or planning to) - they had caught some mobile phone masts on the video...

that's the problem. the attitude is let's make everyone a criminal, and the police, politicians will then decide who they will put in jail.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Hope someone see this.

I've an idea, certainly a stupid idea but I prefer submit this to you before doing something...stupid. :)

With QSPT, I've made a "backup" of the "I don't know what". It's a file named "DEAD00D_0.qcn".

So, with this program, I can change my IMEI, so restore the original IMEI which's broken by GEN2 upgrade.

In the file "DEAD00D_0.qcn", we can find this:

'' NV item: 550 [NV_UE_IMEI_I], index 0

NV_UE_IMEI_I 0: 08 1a 23 45 67 89 12 34 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

NV_UE_IMEI_I 1: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

NV_UE_IMEI_I 2: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

NV_UE_IMEI_I 3: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

NV_UE_IMEI_I 4: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

NV_UE_IMEI_I 5: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

NV_UE_IMEI_I 6: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

NV_UE_IMEI_I 7: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

"

This is our IMEI. So the real IMEI is : 13 25 47 69 82 14 35 0

I don't know if the phone read the last "0", at least on my phone, after restore my IMEI with QSPT, the IMEI is good, except the last digit, wich is a 0 ...

So, the idea is, why not replace the "0" on the "DEAD00D_0.qcn" file by the real last digit ? ...

Don't even know if we can restore this "DEAD00D_0.qcn" file anyway but... I will take a more close look at the program. If someone know if it's possible or not. :)

Thanks.

Best regards.