Update : ZTE IMEI flash tool for "IMEI ALL 0" machine

Guest burstlam

Guest leromarinvit

Is your IMEI broken in Gen2 too? I guess it's worth a try then. But if it doesn't work, there's still the new program from this thread. In FTM mode, you can backup your radio NVRAM, put your IMEI back in, and restore it.

Guest burstlam

notice that the nvm file size is different for GEN1 and GEN2 when u open it with hex editor.

GEN1 NVM backup with the upgrade downloader. the size is 70K

u will find the imei in the line starting atat offset 00001210 (hex)

GEN2 NVM backup with the official downloader , the size changed to 69K

and the imei locate in the line starting at offset 00001100 (hex)

and the imei order is different from QPST VERSION too

if your current imei : 3 45 67 89 10 12 13 14

it will store in this way : 3A 54 76 98 01 21 31 41

if u want to revive the imei. better backup one with the official downloader and edit it yourself.

Edited by burstlam

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Is your IMEI broken in Gen2 too? I guess it's worth a try then. But if it doesn't work, there's still the new program from this thread. In FTM mode, you can backup your radio NVRAM, put your IMEI back in, and restore it.

Yeah, but how ? :)

My IMEI is correct on GEN2 with the channel1.nvm trick.

notice that the nvm file size is different for GEN1 and GEN2 when u open it with hex editor.

GEN1 NVM backup with the upgrade downloader. the size is 70K

u will find the imei in the line starting atat offset 00001210 (hex)

GEN2 NVM backup with the official downloader , the size changed to 69K

and the imei locate in the line starting at offset 00001100 (hex)

and the imei order is different from QPST VERSION too

if your current imei : 3 45 67 89 10 12 13 14

it will store in this way : 3A 54 76 98 01 21 31 41

if u want to revive the imei. better backup one with the official downloader and edit it yourself.

You put your finger on something interesting ! My file is 69kb size ans IMEI located at offset 1210 (hex)... So maybe when I try to downgrade on GEN1 I need a 70kb size file ?

But I don't understand, my file is 69K with 1210 (1215) IMEI adress... :)

There's a way to change the IMEI adress on that file without modify anything else ?

Thanks guys.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest leromarinvit
Yeah, but how ? :)

My IMEI is correct on GEN2 with the channel1.nvm trick.

You put your finger on something interesting ! My file is 69kb size... So maybe when I try to downgrade on GEN1 I need a 70kb size file ?

There's a way to change the IMEI adress on that file without modify anything else ?

Thanks guys.

I think the two programs just use different file formats for Channel1.nvm, I don't think it matters what you're flashing or what's currently on the phone.

You can definitely mess around with the file burstlam's tool creates: replace WCDMA_DL_Setting.cfg, log in as Administrator, boot into FTM and Backup/Restore NV. The IMEI is stored at 0x1105 in the same format as in the Gen2 flasher's Channel1.nvm at 0x1215 (little endian BCD).

A different path would be to flash to Gen2 with the correct IMEI, make an NV backup, flash to Gen1 (partially destroying the IMEI), and then restore the NV backup. I just tried that and it works.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
A different path would be to flash to Gen2 with the correct IMEI, make an NV backup, flash to Gen1 (partially destroying the IMEI), and then restore the NV backup. I just tried that and it works.

Yes ! That's what I try to explain and to do since the begining :) So can you explain a little bit more on "how to make nvBackup" and "how to restore NV backup" please ? I have an idea on how to do that but just to be sure. I must put a way to any files in the "SW directory" ? Any others options to tick ?

Thanks so much again.

Regards. :)

Guest burstlam
I think the two programs just use different file formats for Channel1.nvm, I don't think it matters what you're flashing or what's currently on the phone.

You can definitely mess around with the file burstlam's tool creates: replace WCDMA_DL_Setting.cfg, log in as Administrator, boot into FTM and Backup/Restore NV. The IMEI is stored at 0x1105 in the same format as in the Gen2 flasher's Channel1.nvm at 0x1215 (little endian BCD).

yes, I believe that so far this is the safest way to get an upgrade and downgrade between Gen1 and Gen2

I believe that for those who now mess up their imei ,

don't use the downloader with previous update

better to create a nvm with my downloader and edit it manually. before restoring it.

of course ... if something like power failures or unexpected voltage issue in between the process will be a disaster.

Guest leromarinvit
Yes ! That's what I try to explain and to do since the begining :) So can you explain a little bit more on "how to make nvBackup" and "how to restore NV backup" please ? I have an idea on how to do that but just to be sure. I must put a way to any files in the "SW directory" ? Any others options to tick ?

1) Download the program and the config file from here: Save the bricked v880

2) replace the config file included in the zip with the one you downloaded separately

3) Start the tool, log in as Administrator / ZTEsmt123

4) Connect your phone in FTM mode

5) Open device manager, look for the virtual COM port

6) Set the port in Option -> Port config

7) Set Config="RT / BT / IMEI / unLock info"

8) Action Mode="Backup NV" or "Restore NV"

9) Start All

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Thanks, I will try that right now.

Ok, all right.

Thanks to you leromarinvit, my phone is back to GEN1 with correct IMEI with this method. It's very easy in fact, so people can do that without any fear if they are able to switch to GEN1>GEN2 and GEN2>GEN1.

Thanks to all.

Guest eczanet
yes, I believe that so far this is the safest way to get an upgrade and downgrade between Gen1 and Gen2

I believe that for those who now mess up their imei ,

don't use the downloader with previous update

better to create a nvm with my downloader and edit it manually. before restoring it.

of course ... if something like power failures or unexpected voltage issue in between the process will be a disaster.

hi i do everything.. but restore NV couldnt take my imei back.. hasnt change anything..

my imei stucked at 000039485642710 ..

Guest hecatae

you can use the gen2 flasher with gen1 files, and you can use the gen1 flasher with gen2 files, both are the same program, just different revisions

Guest burstlam
hi i do everything.. but restore NV couldnt take my imei back.. hasnt change anything..

my imei stucked at 000039485642710 ..

if u got a nv backup using the update program

just simply replace the files folder with gen1 files.

use the injection tricks by replacing the nvm file with ur original backup in between 6-10%

Guest hecatae
1) Download the program and the config file from here: Save the bricked v880

2) replace the config file included in the zip with the one you downloaded separately

3) Start the tool, log in as Administrator / ZTEsmt123

4) Connect your phone in FTM mode

5) Open device manager, look for the virtual COM port

6) Set the port in Option -> Port config

7) Set Config="RT / BT / IMEI / unLock info"

8) Action Mode="Backup NV" or "Restore NV"

9) Start All

works fine for me in Operator mode to restore a saved channel1.nvm

Guest eczanet
you can use the gen2 flasher with gen1 files, and you can use the gen1 flasher with gen2 files, both are the same program, just different revisions

i manualy write my imei and restore ... failed (zte phone download)

manualy write on qpst ... failed

try on QXDM ..failed

nv imei is read only...

but i dont know how my imei has changed.. it s read only

Guest dibbles

My IMEI was stuck at 000039485642710 , just the same as you and probably everyone else who had that issue as well. As long as you have made a working channel1.nvm file or got your own you can then restore it as hecatae as written providing you replace your created or saved channel1.nvm file within the flashing folder just after the phone boots the first time during the process, at around 6%-10%. IIRC for me it was at 7%.

The Windows flashing tool was useful to restore my IMEI, some people need to try it several times to get it to work from what I have read.

IIRC the channel1.nvm file within that folder was about 2kb in size which needed to be replaced with the 69kb one that I had backed up. Of course you must use Burstlam's posted file which you have to HEX edit correctly.

Edited by dibbles

My IMEI was stuck at 000039485642710 , just the same as you and probably everyone else who had that issue as well. As long as you have made a working channel1.nvm file or got your own you can then restore it as hecatae as written providing you replace your created or saved channel1.nvm file within the flashing folder just after the phone boots the first time during the process, at around 6%-10%. IIRC for me it was at 7%.

The Windows flashing tool was useful to restore my IMEI, some people need to try it several times to get it to work from what I have read.

IIRC the channel1.nvm file within that folder was about 2kb in size which needed to be replaced with the 69kb one that I had backed up. Of course you must use Burstlam's posted file which you have to HEX edit correctly.

I wonder what the effects will be of so many blades with the same IME,surely it cannot be good.

My IME is also 00003948564271 :mellow:

Guest dibbles
I wonder what the effects will be of so many blades with the same IME,surely it cannot be good.

My IME is also 00003948564271 :mellow:

What you have to consider is that in the UK, AFAIK, it is illegal to change your IMEI number from the one that came with the phone. Whether it was an intentional change or not I would doubt that would alter the position you are in. How and if that would be noticed I'm not sure but I did make it a priority to get it back to what it should be. I would suggest that others do the same.

What you have to consider is that in the UK, AFAIK, it is illegal to change your IMEI number from the one that came with the phone. Whether it was an intentional change or not I would doubt that would alter the position you are in. How and if that would be noticed I'm not sure but I did make it a priority to get it back to what it should be. I would suggest that others do the same.

since I dont have channel1 backed up,the only option I have is the ZTE tool,and that wont even see my blade

so it would seem I am stuck with it for now unless one of the great blade minds comes up with a flashable zip fix.lol

Guest dibbles
since I dont have channel1 backed up,the only option I have is the ZTE tool,and that wont even see my blade

so it would seem I am stuck with it for now unless one of the great blade minds comes up with a flashable zip fix.lol

You could create a channel1.nvm file with your correct IMEI number in it (from burstlam) and then use the Windows flashing tool to get to GEN 2 but replace the channel1.nvm file at around 7% (after the phone first boots) then, providing you made the nvm file correctly, it should be GEN 2 with a correct nvm file.

I did the above but with my original nvm file.

Then I used nv backup to then backup the nv files after I installed SS rls4b which then confirmed the correct IMEI number.

At that stage I had a correct nv set of files to restore later.

Then I downgraded back to GEN 1 and installed SS RLS4b which confirmed a messed up IMEI number. I then used the NV restore option which then replaced the nv files I had backed up. This then gave me a GEN 1 phone with the correct IMEI number.

Of course the restore_stock_recovery file has to be used at the appropriate times.

There are risks to the above but I was in a position of having the phone with the wrong IMEI at one time and also I wanted to undo the Windows type flashing of getting to GEN 2 and then later apply the TPT method, which is a much safer method to get to GEN 2. This I did with my own partition layout and then applied the SS RLS 5 LanceH remix ROM.

BUT when you are at GEN 1 with the correct IMEI you then have to ask yourself do you really need to bother going to GEN 2...?

Edited by dibbles

You could create a channel1.nvm file with your correct IMEI number in it (from burstlam) and then use the Windows flashing tool to get to GEN 2 but replace the channel1.nvm file at around 7% (after the phone first boots) then, providing you made the nvm file correctly, it should be GEN 2 with a correct nvm file.

I did the above but with my original nvm file.

Then I used nv backup to then backup the nv files after I installed SS rls4b which then confirmed the correct IMEI number.

At that stage I had a correct nv set of files to restore later.

Then I downgraded back to GEN 1 and installed SS RLS4b which confirmed a messed up IMEI number. I then used the NV restore option which then replaced the nv files I had backed up. This then gave me a GEN 1 phone with the correct IMEI number.

Of course the restore_stock_recovery file as to be used at the appropriate times.

There are risks to the above but I was in a position of having the phone with the wrong IMEI at one time and also I wanted to undo the Windows type flashing of getting to GEN 2 and then later apply the TPT method, which is a much safer method to get to GEN 2. This I did with my own partition layout and then applied the SS RLS 5 LanceH remix ROM.

BUT when you are at GEN 1 with the correct IMEI you then have to ask yourself do you really need to bother going to GEN 2...?

That sounds like a plan,just need the idiots guide to creating channel1 and put my IME in it.

The windows flashing part is easy enough for me,just struggling with the channel1 stuff.

Guest dibbles

See the bottom of post #1 here...

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-also-the-imei/

I did not need to use a HEX editor but if you look at the example shown it should be easy enough..? Easy to write that as I did not need it.!

Read post # 41....

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/337...e-imei/page/40/

and post # 7 here...

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ndows-flashing/

with all of that information I had enough detail to make some sense of what I needed to do to get a working IMEI back on my phone. However remember to read those posts / threads in great detail, and understand the risks of what you are doing, as you can end up with a bricked phone.

Even though I'm suggesting to read those posts do be aware that the entire threads deal with aspects not related with what you want to do with your phone so do not be confused with all the information there.

Edited by dibbles

Guest eczanet

I did not need to use a HEX editor but if you look at the example shown it should be easy enough..? Easy to write that as I did not need it.!

Read post # 41....

and post # 7 here...

with all of that information I had enough detail to make some sense of what I needed to do to get a working IMEI back on my phone. However remember to read those posts / threads in great detail, and understand the risks of what you are doing, as you can end up with a bricked phone.

Even though I'm suggesting to read those posts do be aware that the entire threads deal with aspects not related with what you want to do with your phone so do not be confused with all the information there.

thanks a lot... i got my imei back.... yupiiiiiiii :D :D ;) :D :mellow: :o :D

Read post # 41....

and post # 7 here...

Nice one dude,I will get on that ASAP :o

edit: ok getting somewhere.

1) backed up nv on gen2,done

2) TPT back to gen1,done

3) Now I need to edit channel1 with hex editor to input my IME into the channel1,then run the program used to backup nv to now restore. Have I got that all right ?

Just one thing how do I edit channel1 so that it contains my true IME ?

cant find instructions for this part.

just opened channel1 with a hex editor and its like the matrix in there :mellow:

Edited by Guest

Guest dragon2611

I think even having the tools to change the IMIE is considered Illegal in the UK, doesn't really surprise me given a few years back it was rather easy to change the IMIE I seem to remember a lot of the Nokia flashing tools for DCT3 could do it.

Although lets face it if you're using the tool as a one off to repair your own phone it's unlikely you'd ever get prosecuted for it, not like they monitor every connection in the country to see if someone downloaded some IMIE changing tool. (Well at least not yet anyway, although if the government get their way I can see them trying to monitor what everyone is doing online)

Guest dibbles
Nice one dude,I will get on that ASAP :o

edit: ok getting somewhere.

1) backed up nv on gen2,done

2) TPT back to gen1,done

3) Now I need to edit channel1 with hex editor to input my IME into the channel1,then run the program used to backup nv to now restore. Have I got that all right ?

Just one thing how do I edit channel1 so that it contains my true IME ?

cant find instructions for this part.

just opened channel1 with a hex editor and its like the matrix in there :mellow:

you should have done this part, like I had written, at the very start...

there is absolutely no point in backing up your nv files if the IMEI number is not correct as you will then try and restore them and they will be wrong. You need to hex edit the channel1.nvm file as noted and at offset 1215 insert your IMEI as explained in the linked post. Then do as I have quoted top insert the newly created channel1.nvm file with your correct IMEI into your phone using the Windows flashing method to GEN 2, as explained.

Until you create for yourself a working channel1.nvm file with your correct IMEI and insert it as noted everything that you will do will be wasted and just adds to the possibility of bricking your phone.

• 2 months later...
Guest garfin

My IME is also 00003948564271 :rolleyes:

+1 for yet another 000039485642710

awaiting patiently for that 'idiots guide to fixing your IMEI' :)

*edit* ... think i figured it out ...

Edited by garfin