[mod] Clockwork recovery 3.0.2.4 [easy install] v2

Guest add.thebad

Guest add.thebad

I have put together a little program to allow me to install recovery quicker because I got fed up of it taking so long.

Its dead easy to use!

instructions

1. download file
  2. unzip
  3. connect vega and make sure usb debugging in enabled
  4. click windows_install, mac_install, or linux_install to flash depending on what your running (u should know that :))
  5. wait for that to finish
  6. to boot into recovery click the recovery icon in your app draw

Download v3 clicky - mirror 1

another v3 - mirror 2

For those of you that are having an "error: device not found"

It means that you dont have the adb drivers installed correctly

To check right click on the windows folder and click command prompt here. then type adb devices

If nothing shows up then it means the drivers arent installed

To install them correctly follow this guide

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-wrong-win7-64/

v1 - windows only

v2 - added mac and linux

v3 - updated to CW 3.0.2.8

thanks go to @mad murdock for making the image and now for fast mirrors

also thanks to @bob1369 who has made a mac and Linux version

Edited by add.thebad

Guest BlackCat^

Just want to check before I go trying this:

Does this work with the 'official' USB driver installed in Windows from the myadventvega site that it used to flash official 1.09 ROM or do I need to install the Modaco USB driver for this to work?

Guest Fusion1296
Just want to check before I go trying this:

Does this work with the 'official' USB driver installed in Windows from the myadventvega site that it used to flash official 1.09 ROM or do I need to install the Modaco USB driver for this to work?

Hi BlackCat im no expert but i would think that as you need to be in USB debugging mode then you would need to be connected with the drivers that came with the Modaco rom , hope this is correct and helps you .

Andy

Guest Niks10

Oh Man,

That was so great, spent almost 2 hours trying to install clockwork before I saw this thread.

Before I tried this I had many attempt but kept getting adb not installed or something similar error,

I even switched machine from W-7 to XP and it did not work at all with all other ways.

Now working like a charm.

Thanks a million....

Edited by Niks10

Guest flegg
should work now

Link seems to be down, also how do you access Debug mode on your PC? for example, I've enabled it on the vega, but windows isn't detecting anything, so how can I install the USB drivers for it?

Guest add.thebad
Link seems to be down, also how do you access Debug mode on your PC? for example, I've enabled it on the vega, but windows isn't detecting anything, so how can I install the USB drivers for it?

odd it works for me. ne way added windows only mirror.

on the driver side of things i cant remember how i set it up but you need to get adb to recognise it so you can use usb debugging

here are some driver install guides

this one looks the easyiest

this should help

Guest RockVacirca

Everything SEEMED to work OK. Dowloaded the Windows package to my lappy, extracted the zip contents, enable USB Debugging on the Vega, connected the USB cable, ran the install.bat, got a cmd window up with stuff flying past so quick I could not read it, then the cmd window closed.

Trouble is, how do I tell that all went OK? I couldn't see anything new in the Apps drawer (should there be?).

Rock

Guest add.thebad
Everything SEEMED to work OK. Dowloaded the Windows package to my lappy, extracted the zip contents, enable USB Debugging on the Vega, connected the USB cable, ran the install.bat, got a cmd window up with stuff flying past so quick I could not read it, then the cmd window closed.

Trouble is, how do I tell that all went OK? I couldn't see anything new in the Apps drawer (should there be?).

Rock

yeah the windows package does flicks up realy quicky. if you download this one it wont link and then you can tell me what happens.

Guest RockVacirca
yeah the windows package does flicks up realy quicky. if you download this one it wont link and then you can tell me what happens.

Thanks.

With your provided link the package ran, but for every command it reported 'Device not found'.

I have the official driver installed. Is this a driver problem?

Rock

Guest add.thebad
Thanks.

With your provided link the package ran, but for every command it reported 'Device not found'.

I have the official driver installed. Is this a driver problem?

Rock

yeah it means adb cant find the vega which is probably a driver problem. It has worked fine for me and others but all of a sudden quite a few people are having this error.

check you have it installed correctly, go to devises and printers > nvidia harmony > hardware and tell me what you see in that list

Guest RockVacirca
yeah it means adb cant find the vega which is probably a driver problem. It has worked fine for me and others but all of a sudden quite a few people are having this error.

check you have it installed correctly, go to devises and printers > nvidia harmony > hardware and tell me what you see in that list

I see there (showing as Drive F:):

NVIDIA Tegra 2 USB Device

USB Mass Storage Device

In case it helps, I can also see the file system on the Vega from the lappy.

In Notifications on the Vega it says:

USB Debugging connected

Turn off USB storage (ie it is currently enabled)

Rock

Edited by RockVacirca

Guest simonta
I see there (showing as Drive F:):

NVIDIA Tegra 2 USB Device

USB Mass Storage Device

In case it helps, I can also see the file system on the Vega from the lappy.

In Notifications on the Vega it says:

USB Debugging connected

Turn off USB storage (ie it is currently enabled)

Rock

There's your problem.

When you select USB Debugging, if a dialog comes up saying turn on usb storage, don't. Turn off USB storage, reboot your Vega, select USB Debugging again.

And with a smile on my face, please read instructions carefully. In none of the guides in this forum have I seen an instruction to turn on USB storage.

Cheers

Guest RockVacirca
There's your problem.

When you select USB Debugging, if a dialog comes up saying turn on usb storage, don't. Turn off USB storage, reboot your Vega, select USB Debugging again.

And with a smile on my face, please read instructions carefully. In none of the guides in this forum have I seen an instruction to turn on USB storage.

Cheers

OK. Turned off USB Storage (I turned this on because the Vega told me in Notifications that I if I wanted to transfer files between the PC and the Vega that this needed to be Enabled), sorry.

I rebooted the Vega, USB debugging was still connected, then I reran Windows_install.bat, and again got Device not found for each command.

Rock (using Windows 7 Home, 64 bit)

ETA:

Complete rerun attempted. I turned off USB Debugging, powered off the Vega, disconnected the USB cable from my laptop.

1. Powered on the Vega

2. When the Home screen appeared I connected the USB cable, and ignored the message to switch on USB Storage

3. I then went into Setiings, Applications, Development, and enabled USB Debugging

4. Opened the folder on the Laptop containing the unzipped contents, and double-clicked Windows_install.bat

5. Cmd window opened, each command ended with an error, Device not found, the sequence then finished with Installation Complete, press any key to exit.

Those are the precise steps I took. Any clues there?

Edited by RockVacirca

Guest simonta
OK. Turned off USB Storage (I turned this on because the Vega told me in Notifications that I if I wanted to transfer files between the PC and the Vega that this needed to be Enabled), sorry.

I rebooted the Vega, USB debugging was still connected, then I reran Windows_install.bat, and again got Device not found for each command.

Rock (using Windows 7 Home, 64 bit)

One step at a time.

Device not found means that ADB (Android debug bridge) is not working. ADB enables you to remove, install, modify files and apps on your Vega from a PC. It requires a special driver to be loaded which is supplied with the Modaco ROM. Windows-install.bat uses ADB to do all of it's work therefore, without the correct USB driver installed, it won't work. Turning on USB debugging enables the ADB device on the Vega so that Windows can pick it up.

Search for YAUDIG and follow that guide, carefully!

I do think though that there is a bug in the driver installer. Lots of folk are getting problems with 64 bit but works just fine on 32 bit. If you have access to a 32 bit PC, use that.