Your VEGA Broken? Fix it in a double click!!

Guest Zebrahead

Guest Zebrahead

Hey all,

This is a simple tool that should fix almost all supposedly Bricked or Broken VEGA's (hardware damages aside :))

Simply, extract this, follow the instructions on myadventvega as if restoring 1.09 (http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/full_system_flash_instructions.pdf), but run the .bat file rather than the 1.09 update.

As always, use at own risk.

DISCLAIMER : This tool will replace your kernel with the one provided with r8 in an attempt to fix. If you're using a kernel other than the one provided with r8, you will need to reapply your kernel after running this tool.

It's not tested as I dont currently have a windows machine, but it's a simple translation of something that works under linux so I have every faith in it working ^^

Too big to upload, so here's the link :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22432796/BSODFixer.zip

Have fun,

Zeb

Edited by Zebrahead

Guest Zebrahead
it doesn't work with windows 7 64 bit not even in compatibility mode.

Does it say anything? What happens when you try it?

This no longer applies, I've uploaded it so that it kinda does this by default :

(

If you still want to try it, and don't mind hacking it up a bit, try the following :

- rename the .exe to a .rar file

- extract it

- run the lvds.bat rather than the executable when following the instructions

)

Thanks,

Zeb

Edited by Zebrahead

Does it say anything? What happens when you try it?

i try to translate the error that it give me when i try to run it from italian to english:

The file version isn't compatible with Windows version that you run. Try to control system informations of the computer and try to verify if needs version x86 (32 bit) of x64 (64 bit) program, then try to contact the software distributor

more or less it's error translation.

(

If you still want to try it, and don't mind hacking it up a bit, try the following :

- rename the .exe to a .rar file

- extract it

- run the lvds.bat rather than the executable when following the instructions

)

Thanks,

Zeb

i try to translate the error that it give me when i try to run it from italian to english:

The file version isn't compatible with Windows version that you run. Try to control system informations of the computer and try to verify if needs version x86 (32 bit) of x64 (64 bit) program, then try to contact the software distributor

In this case, it works but nothing changes for me ( the bat file performs what that you to create it), beacouse i try to change with custom boot screen and doesn't work, the problem remains.

Edited by boh

Guest Zebrahead

more or less it's error translation.

In this case, it works but nothing changes for me ( the bat file performs what that you to create it), beacouse i try to change with custom boot screen and doesn't work, the problem remains.

I'm not quite sure I understand - Do you get the same issue when running both the exe and the bat?

Thanks.

Zeb

I'm not quite sure I understand - Do you get the same issue when running both the exe and the bat?

Thanks.

Zeb

no, when run .exe file it give me the error that i translate.

when i run .bat file it works well but, in my case, the final result is that it doesn't chage my situation. i try to change the bootscreen with one customizable (by me) and it doesn't boot. i follow this guide.

Guest Zebrahead
no, when run .exe file it give me the error that i translate.

when i run .bat file it works well but, in my case, the final result is that it doesn't chage my situation. i try to change the bootscreen with one customizable (by me) and it doesn't boot. i follow this guide.

I understand ^^.

Right, well it's understandable that this doesn't fix your problem - this is a fix for "the most common" black screen.

As for fixing yours, it'll take a bit more diagnosis. The only thing I can think of (looking at that tutorial), is that the framework-res you've tried to push is larger than the remaining space on your system partition. As you have removed the old framework-res, there must not be a framework-res there.

This means that the bootscreen cannot be found, and so it wont boot.

Do you still have the output of

adb-windows push framework-res.apk /system/framework/

in step 6 of that guide?

Thanks,

Zeb

As for fixing yours, it'll take a bit more diagnosis. The only thing I can think of (looking at that tutorial), is that the framework-res you've tried to push is larger than the remaining space on your system partition. As you have removed the old framework-res, there must not be a framework-res there.

This means that the bootscreen cannot be found, and so it wont boot.

Do you still have the output of

adb-windows push framework-res.apk /system/framework/

in step 6 of that guide?

Thanks,

Zeb

yes, probably the png file is too large. yes, i try step by step guide fine. i believe that i must zip file png.

Guest Zebrahead
Anyone know how to user this with mac at all please?

I can provide a linux clone if you like. As for mac, im not too sure.

If anyone is knowledgable as to whether a linux binary would be able to run undr mac in any way, then sure I could throw something together.

Excuse typing, sent from phon. Good luck

Zeb

Guest simonta

Zeb. Thanks for doing this tool. I do have some recommendations.

1. You are using forward slash, "/", for your path separators. Out of the box, Windows uses back slash, "\". That's the problem most people are having.

2. You should make people aware that it will recover their Vega but could have a lot of side effects because you are replacing the kernel. Just saying....

Cheers

Edited by simonta

Guest Zebrahead
Zeb. Thanks for doing this tool. I do have some recommendations.

1. You are using forward slash, "/", for your path separators. Out of the box, Windows uses back slash, "\". That's the problem most people are having.

2. You should make people aware that it will recover their Vega but could have a lot of side effects because you are replacing the kernel. Just saying....

Cheers

1. Thanks - I'll change it. It's a convention I'm used to through using linux and I thought it also worked on Windows, my mistake!

2. Yes, I am aware of this. This tool is intended to fix the common USB host mode BSOD by simply reflashing the slave img that they presumably had before. I am aware that this may cause problems if the slave img is different to the original however, if they we're using a different kernel originally, it is unlikely that they could have got themselves to a BSOD state. In the case that they did have a different kernel and managed to get to a BSOD state, replacing the kernel would not fix anything. Also in this case, unleess you knew what the problem was, you're likely to fix by either reverting to stock of restorationvia CWM - both of which would overwrite the change in kernel providedby this tool anyway.

It is because of these I decided against going into too much detail as to how the fix worked/choosing your own boot img. It seemed better to just keep it simple - if this fix works, it proSPAMly did the right thing, if not, it's not likely to have any consequences.

But you're right, I'll put a disclaimer in OP ^^

Thanks,

Zeb

Guest simonta
2. Yes, I am aware of this. This tool is intended to fix the common USB host mode BSOD by simply reflashing the slave img that they presumably had before. I am aware that this may cause problems if the slave img is different to the original however, if they we're using a different kernel originally, it is unlikely that they could have got themselves to a BSOD state. In the case that they did have a different kernel and managed to get to a BSOD state, replacing the kernel would not fix anything. Also in this case, unleess you knew what the problem was, you're likely to fix by either reverting to stock of restoration via CWM - both of which would overwrite the change in kernel providedby this tool anyway.

Good thinking Zeb. On reflection, I agree with you. K.I.S.S.

Guest Zebrahead
1. Thanks - I'll change it. It's a convention I'm used to through using linux and I thought it also worked on Windows, my mistake!

Now changed ^^

Zeb