[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest premieral
Accelaromamadoodle fantistic on my corvus5 sp1 vega, been enjoying a whole bunch of games my wife had installed,not rubbing noses in it guys just to say it has to be a localized factor at work, not the rom in general.

Could you give the games you are playing? And I agree its not the Rom as we all had the accelerometer working beautifully before flashing Sp1 but since sp1 something has caused the accelerometer to stop working as well for a lot of folk. What would be usefully would be to see what other apks are being run by those whose doesn't work and those whose do.

I have beautifull Widgets loaded and running and multi live wallpapers, plus setcpu can't think of anything else not normally loaded.

Guest Algie
Could you give the games you are playing? And I agree its not the Rom as we all had the accelerometer working beautifully before flashing Sp1 but since sp1 something has caused the accelerometer to stop working as well for a lot of folk. What would be usefully would be to see what other apks are being run by those whose doesn't work and those whose do.

I have beautifull Widgets loaded and running and multi live wallpapers, plus setcpu can't think of anything else not normally loaded.

Just been playing JetCarStunts and Riptide GP with no problems at all.

I'm using VTL launcher

I'm in game mode and

I've got the rotation thingy off. I think it's off. It's not bright anyway.

Guest derffie

QUOTE(premieral @ Jun 6 2011, 19:42) Could you give the games you are playing? And I agree its not the Rom as we all had the accelerometer working beautifully before flashing Sp1 but since sp1 something has caused the accelerometer to stop working as well for a lot of folk. What would be usefully would be to see what other apks are being run by those whose doesn't work and those whose do. I have beautifull Widgets loaded and running and multi live wallpapers, plus setcpu can't think of anything else not normally loaded. Just been playing JetCarStunts and Riptide GP with no problems at all. I'm using VTL launcher I'm in game mode and I've got the rotation thingy off. I think it's off. It's not bright anyway.

Just like algie, to the letter!

Guest premieral
QUOTE(premieral @ Jun 6 2011, 19:42) Could you give the games you are playing? And I agree its not the Rom as we all had the accelerometer working beautifully before flashing Sp1 but since sp1 something has caused the accelerometer to stop working as well for a lot of folk. What would be usefully would be to see what other apks are being run by those whose doesn't work and those whose do. I have beautifull Widgets loaded and running and multi live wallpapers, plus setcpu can't think of anything else not normally loaded. Just been playing JetCarStunts and Riptide GP with no problems at all. I'm using VTL launcher I'm in game mode and I've got the rotation thingy off. I think it's off. It's not bright anyway.

Just like algie, to the letter!

thanks Derffie, havent tried my jetcar stunts but riptide is the one that is exceptionally jerky so i will investigate.

***edit*****

have just noticed from the above posts that you guys are still using the auto rotate widget, so this could be where i have been plainly very simple :D i thought the new game/mouse mode option made this redundant so havent been using it doh. Will give it another go tonight, again thanks for the help

Edited by premieral

Guest newbe5
thanks Derffie, havent tried my jetcar stunts but riptide is the one that is exceptionally jerky so i will investigate.

***edit*****

have just noticed from the above posts that you guys are still using the auto rotate widget, so this could be where i have been plainly very simple :D i thought the new game/mouse mode option made this redundant so havent been using it doh. Will give it another go tonight, again thanks for the help

Nope! The new game/mouse mode is for people who want to use a mouse, you still have to use the widget to remove the stutter from the accelerometer in games!

newbe5

Guest premieral
Nope! The new game/mouse mode is for people who want to use a mouse, you still have to use the widget to remove the stutter from the accelerometer in games!

newbe5

the words , thick , simple and stupid run to mind!! :D at least i can blame senility in old age, thanks for clearing that up and keep up the good work

Guest flip.c
Does this happen for anyone else?

Hi,

After renaming both the Phone.apk & TelephonyProvider.apk suffixes to .OLD using the script, which is supposed to save battery power whilst in standby, I get a force close whilst checking About Device > Status.

Renaming both these back to the .apk suffixes then rebooting sorts out the force close.

Phill

Hi,

After renaming both the Phone.apk & TelephonyProvider.apk suffixes to .OLD using the script, which is supposed to save battery power whilst in standby, I get a force close whilst checking About Device > Status.

Renaming both these back to the .apk suffixes then rebooting sorts out the force close.

Phill

I was wrong it's Settings - About Device - Status that FCs.

Where are these files? Phone.apk & TelephonyProvider.apk

Guest flip.c
I was wrong it's Settings - About Device - Status that FCs.

Where are these files? Phone.apk & TelephonyProvider.apk

Hi,

These are to do with the phone service, which as the vega doesn't have the gubbins to utilize it, doen't seem to be required.

I'm still testing it out (unscientifically!)

I found this out here:

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to...of-advent-vega/

Phill.

Guest monkums

I have a quick search and can't find an answer so far.

I've just reflashed Corvus5 after using Vegacomb for a while and all went well. However when I flash SP1 over it my screen rotation is out of sync. When in held landscape the screen is in portrait and when held in portrait the screen is in landscape.

Any thoughts on how to sort this out?

Edited by monkums

Guest ZTE_Blade

vegacomb try 3 days and return my rom corvus .

instal CWM corvus zip and sp1 eerythin ok süper fast and stabil

my problem is usb host - slave mode how do it ;)))))

Guest premieral

Same as in vegacomb hold back button while rebooting

Guest Dave Marchant

For USB Host mode, hold down 'Back' button during booting.

Guest ViPaSoft

Read the first post. It says on their;

'For enter usb host mode:

Press power button, once display get power (you will see the diference), press back button and hold until finish booting.'

Guest lambrettalad

I have installed this rom and have no problems apart from after I installed launcher the home screen is stuck in portrait mode and with the standard launcher the screen is stuck in landscape and doesnt auto rotate although in apps i.e internet it does auto rotate.

The major problem I am having is the tablet is stuck in flight mode. I was flying the other day and had to put the tablet into flight mode, after arriving I went to return the tablet to normal mode with wifi on and in the wireless and networks settings the airplane mode tick box was unticked as was the wifi box although the little airplan icon is still on bar at the top.

I put a tick in the wifi box to see if that would overide the airplane mode and put the wifi icon on the bar but it didnt. After ticking the wifi box it does say it is scanning although it doesnt pick up on any wifi signals.

I also tried outting a tick back in the airplane mode box to see if its possible to then untick it to turn it off, no joy witrh this either.

I am running corvus5 with sp1 and 3g pack installed, I am all out if ideas bar clearing out and starting again.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Guest jonnyspuruk
I have installed this rom and have no problems apart from after I installed launcher the home screen is stuck in portrait mode and with the standard launcher the screen is stuck in landscape and doesnt auto rotate although in apps i.e internet it does auto rotate.

The major problem I am having is the tablet is stuck in flight mode. I was flying the other day and had to put the tablet into flight mode, after arriving I went to return the tablet to normal mode with wifi on and in the wireless and networks settings the airplane mode tick box was unticked as was the wifi box although the little airplan icon is still on bar at the top.

I put a tick in the wifi box to see if that would overide the airplane mode and put the wifi icon on the bar but it didnt. After ticking the wifi box it does say it is scanning although it doesnt pick up on any wifi signals.

I also tried outting a tick back in the airplane mode box to see if its possible to then untick it to turn it off, no joy witrh this either.

I am running corvus5 with sp1 and 3g pack installed, I am all out if ideas bar clearing out and starting again.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

If you can somehow get access to the market.Download a program called quicksettings which is free and will allow you to toggle off airplane mode and remove the icon

Guest premieral
If you can somehow get access to the market.Download a program called quicksettings which is free and will allow you to toggle off airplane mode and remove the icon

And check screen orientation isnt being caused by the lockscreen hard button on top of the vega

Guest lambrettalad

And check screen orientation isnt being caused by the lockscreen hard button on top of the vega

Cheers for the replys, I shall download the quick settings app and give that a go.

The screen button is in the unlocked position, its only on the standard home screen when it is stuck in landscape and with launcer pro installed its stuck in portrait. When using either home screen, if I run an app i.e browser then the screen then behaves correctly ;)

Guest MikhailM

I have had the same problem - the simple solution is to power down the Vega, wait a little, then start again - you can now untick the Airplane mode and the symbol will disappear, and the WIFI will work.

MikhailM.

Guest MikhailM
Cheers for the replys, I shall download the quick settings app and give that a go.

The screen button is in the unlocked position, its only on the standard home screen when it is stuck in landscape and with launcer pro installed its stuck in portrait. When using either home screen, if I run an app i.e browser then the screen then behaves correctly ;)

On the Vega the Home screen and All Apps screens appear to only work in Landscape (at least on all the roms I have tried, with the exception of VegaComb, where they do switch to Portrait and back). Some Apps are designed to only work in one orientation or other.

On Corvus + SP1 the re-orientation is fast. With VegaComb there is considerable lag, at least when I tried it twice (but this may be because I did not install it quite correctly (?))

MikhailM.

Guest premieral
On the Vega the Home screen and All Apps screens appear to only work in Landscape (at least on all the roms I have tried, with the exception of VegaComb, where they do switch to Portrait and back). Some Apps are designed to only work in one orientation or other.

On Corvus + SP1 the re-orientation is fast. With VegaComb there is considerable lag, at least when I tried it twice (but this may be because I did not install it quite correctly (?))

MikhailM.

i always use vtl launcher and this has settings for landscape and portrait and works equally well in both with all roms i have tried, which is nearly all of them ;)