• Announcements

• PaulOBrien

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • PaulOBrien

Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
the_corvus

[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

680 posts in this topic

what benchmark do you use?

Smartbench 2011, its great because you can view/compare all the other tablets/phones benchmarks to the vega but my vega was at the top lol.

This ROM is fabulous.

Is there, though, any chance that in future versions the free version of Titanuim Backup could come pre-installed? It is slightly annoying having to connect to wifi and set up market access before able to restore all setting and that and having Titanuim Backup pre installed would be ace.

This ROM is fabulous.

Is there, though, any chance that in future versions the free version of Titanuim Backup could come pre-installed? It is slightly annoying having to connect to wifi and set up market access before able to restore all setting and that and having Titanuim Backup pre installed would be ace.

I agree - love the ROM but had to get to my backed up copy of Titanium and install it before restoring my apps and settings.

Anyone else having problems with IMAP email after installing this ROM? For some reason it wont work with my IMAP account, saying password is wrong. The settings were restored from Titanuim ROM (I was running Corvus 0.5 before).

Have checked my password and it is definitely correct.

Any ideas?

EDIT> I just needed to pass a captcha on my google apps. Simplez!

Edited by rferrett

Smartbench 2011, its great because you can view/compare all the other tablets/phones benchmarks to the vega but my vega was at the top lol.

Grrrr i can only get 3671 :) can you believe complaining about a score double the previous one!

Grrrr i can only get 3671 :) can you believe complaining about a score double the previous one!

Is your vega overclocked its very easy using cpu tuner from the market.

First of all what a fantastic rom! Everything works like a charm!

I only have problems with flash, i cant seem to get it running. I have installed 10.2 from the how to thread but it doesnt run, anybody got an idea?

First of all what a fantastic rom! Everything works like a charm!

I only have problems with flash, i cant seem to get it running. I have installed 10.2 from the how to thread but it doesnt run, anybody got an idea?

yep me too , i`ve installed bbc iplayer and that`s not working , which I can put down to the lack of flash , even when it`s installed.

This ROM is fabulous.

This makes perfect sense to me, will make sure it;s included in any updates or addon packs we release. We tried to slim the ROM down as much as possible and removed bloated apps that people can install themselves from the market (so, no additional launcher etc). But adding Titanium makes sense to me, thanks for the tip!

newbe5

yep me too , i`ve installed bbc iplayer and that`s not working , which I can put down to the lack of flash , even when it`s installed.

i downloaded the flash 10.2 from the market, and use dolphin hd browser, my misses watched Holby city on it last night while i watched the footie, worked fine.

Have you rebooted since installing? flash works fine on mine but i have to reboot on first install

This makes perfect sense to me, will make sure it;s included in any updates or addon packs we release. We tried to slim the ROM down as much as possible and removed bloated apps that people can install themselves from the market (so, no additional launcher etc). But adding Titanium makes sense to me, thanks for the tip!

newbe5

sorry but how hard isit to sign into google, then just download titanium as the first thing you download? I dont use titanium i use mybackup pro, theres even a free version for root users, mybackup root, so like your inital intenions, i dont want clutter, that people could just download from the market themselves.

have you tired the bbc iplayer website? not the app

Is your vega overclocked its very easy using cpu tuner from the market.

Yes i used setcpu , i killed all tasks and ran again and got 4076 this time :)

sorry but how hard isit to sign into google, then just download titanium as the first thing you download? I dont use titanium i use mybackup pro, theres even a free version for root users, mybackup root, so like your inital intenions, i dont want clutter, that people could just download from the market themselves.

This wouldn't be included in the original ROM package, but in an additions package that people can choose to flash at the same time :) I don't want clutter either :)

have you tired the bbc iplayer website? not the app

no , it needs a reboot after the install , all working now.

Everything has been working fine all day (so i kinda felt quite lucky after reading all the little issues others have had) .... but now the battery bug seems to be hitting me. The tablet has been on all day now says 66% but its been saying that for the last hour :)

Has been rebooted numerous times today but not since the battery has been stuck. Will report back after a reboot.

EDIT : yep, after a reboot i'm now showing 34%.

Edited by BTatHome

This wouldn't be included in the original ROM package, but in an additions package that people can choose to flash at the same time :) I don't want clutter either :)

very cool zeb :(

Everything has been working fine all day (so i kinda felt quite lucky after reading all the little issues others have had) .... but now the battery bug seems to be hitting me. The tablet has been on all day now says 66% but its been saying that for the last hour :)

Has been rebooted numerous times today but not since the battery has been stuck. Will report back after a reboot.

EDIT : yep, after a reboot i'm now showing 34%.

I haven't managed to replicate these battery issues yet I'm afraid guys, but I will keep looking in to it. Out of interest, has anyone who has also flashed the 3G addon pack experienced these issues?

Zeb

Edited by newbe5

no , it needs a reboot after the install , all working now.

Same here! Thanks guys!

Found a small issue with the screen previews. If you're on main home screen then show all screen on preview and then select the main screen again it hangs for about 10 seconds.

Found a small issue with the screen previews. If you're on main home screen then show all screen on preview and then select the main screen again it hangs for about 10 seconds.

Which launcher are you using? I just tested this withe bundled launcher and its running ok for me?

tried that , no problem here !!!!

very strong and fast rom

I have a problem book reader aldiko .

Titanium backup restore aldiko not run then downloaded market instaled but not run

No sure if it was my last install which was wrong, I can`t see any artefacts which is a problem I have before, no lock up going from sleep to the web, Bluetooth gps working.

So far can`t fault it.