[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest Kevrae
Which launcher are you using? I just tested this withe bundled launcher and its running ok for me?

Found this while using adw ex, guess its just me ill take a good long hard look.

Guest mitchb23
Battery seems to have sorted itself after a couple of reboots.

Any games i download from market wont intsall always says unable to succesfully install, could this be because the status inof isnt available ? Live wallpapers and apps have all downloaded ok, just games that have an issue

Sorry for the q's only bought vega yesterday, first android device so bit of a learning curve

Will try reflashing tomorrow.

Tried reflashing, still having same issue with big file games, like any angry birds, glow hockey wont install, says couldnt install on usb storage or sd card.

Status info still force closes so is unavailable

Any idea's ?

Guest Jisonga

thank you guys for all your hard work on this new rom it really is an amazing bit of coding work.

So far it has done everything I ask of it without a hitch, but I would like to remove or disable the add blocking part of this new rom if that's possible. I did try and check the hosts file but could not open it. Any help would be great thanks.

Jason.

Hi guys, i installed Corvus5 using clockwork mod then tried to overclock using setcpu but after running benchmarks the tablet would hang and then won't boot after I force turn-off. It gets stucked at the 2 penguins so I have to reflash it and do everything again. I wiped the data, cache, and the dalvik then it stucks again after the overclock. Any advice? I would love to overclock my advent vega and change boot screens. Thanks :)

Guest Frazer

Great rom, one of the best i've tried. One little thing though, when using ebuddy the top menu or notifications bar disappears. I can't find a setting to stop it and flashed back to other roms and it doesn't happen in them.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Guest Frazer
do i have to download setcpu from the market to do the overclock?

I couldn't find it either so got it from the market. You do have to buy it though. Worth it.

Guest newbe5
I couldn't find it either so got it from the market. You do have to buy it though. Worth it.

Buying SetCPU is definately worth it, however there are a couple of other apps that do the same thing, and detect the frequencies correctly and are free on the market (some are mentioned previously in this thread). Also, SetCPU is a pay-for app on the market, but is FREE to members of XDA Developers forums. Google search and you should find the thread, and download the apk directly from there. We would have included it in the ROM but the developer has specifically requested that this does not happen, so we have respected his wishes (of course!).

newbe5

EDIT: Added SetCPU information (and a link to the free app) in my first post in this thread.

Edited by newbe5

Guest ASD2003ru

Good Rom. But have (all roms) 2 problem.

1. No have A2SD+ (pleeeeease 512mb is small, Link2sd after restory by nandroid in main data dir and if you have > 512mb programs you have problem)

2. Sleep mode disable all background updates (mail push and etc.)

Guru we look forward to you!

Guest Archie O'Hare

Thanks for the ROM! It's really great! Finally G-sensor works good. The only wish is notification bar at the bottom.

P.S. And yes - the blue light inside is sometimes annoying :)

Guest princeotter

Sorry probably dumb question but how do I use the extras that are in the Modules.zip as it seems to suggest that I could try my USB TV stick to test if it works?

Guest Panayioti
do i have to download setcpu from the market to do the overclock?

No there's an easier way use cputuner. its overclocked my vega to 1.4ghz and its free.

Guest eRawr
P.S. And yes - the blue light inside is sometimes annoying :)

Yes I have noticed the blue light as well, but there is a way to get rid of it for conserving battery overnight (probably doesn't save much :)).

Start the standard camera app, then close it, then lock your Vega and the blue light won't be there.

So far this only seems to work if you have opened and closed the camera app, if you don't and you just lock your Vega the blue light is there, so I think this has something to do with the camera (also the blue light is next to the camera), can't imagine this being much of a problem to fix, but I myself wouldn't know where to start :(

Sam

Great Rom guys! Only got one question, would it be possible to increase the size of the status bar (home,back,settings) or to change the icons back to the Vega icons. Is this something I can do myself?

Guest ukstrider

Many thanks for a great rom I would just like to tell all noobs,like me, to always read the posts instead of just jumping in with both feet,installed without wiping and got some strange effects,wrong keyboard, sidebar at bottom,teach me to.read first, just one other thing where is the g-sensor widget? its not in with the others?

Edited by ukstrider

Guest extrememonkey

Hey Corvus and newbe....

First off fantastic rom, faster than my 9 month old in her baby walker, and thats fast just ask my cats!!!

Only one small problem - since leaving it on charge on my dock over night I can't seem to unlock the device? the touch screen doesnt seem to wanna play?

I have rebooted, two penguins - boot animation - lock screen - things working in background (emails being recieved etc) - but cant unlock! Is there anything I could do to sort this without having to reflash???

Cheers

eM

Guest extrememonkey
Hey Corvus and newbe....

First off fantastic rom, faster than my 9 month old in her baby walker, and thats fast just ask my cats!!!

Only one small problem - since leaving it on charge on my dock over night I can't seem to unlock the device? the touch screen doesnt seem to wanna play?

I have rebooted, two penguins - boot animation - lock screen - things working in background (emails being recieved etc) - but cant unlock! Is there anything I could do to sort this without having to reflash???

Cheers

eM

All sorted, no need to panic anyone!!!!

Just in case this phenom happens to anyone else - all I did was connect to my pc and by magic the touch screen worked again!!!!

Guest gdwhitehouse

Hi

I have been struggling I'm afraid - I have had most of the ROMs on my machine and running fine(Cyanogen included), and I have no problem getting this ROM running, but I just can't get Titanium backup to run to get my apps back - it just force closes. I have wiped and tried again, I have cleared, wiped all the caches, move the app to and from the tablet, removed and cleared the Titanium data and even 'fixed permissions' - but still no joy.

I have also been back to a 'plain' 1.09 and started from there - still no joy!

Very frustrating, as the ROM looks great!

Any ideas from the bright sparks here??

G

Guest Niks10

This is perfect.

Bought my Vega yesterday and now running this ROM.

Upgraded my Flash to 10.2 from Market and BBC iPlayer is working so smooth.

Guest premieral
Hi

I have been struggling I'm afraid - I have had most of the ROMs on my machine and running fine(Cyanogen included), and I have no problem getting this ROM running, but I just can't get Titanium backup to run to get my apps back - it just force closes. I have wiped and tried again, I have cleared, wiped all the caches, move the app to and from the tablet, removed and cleared the Titanium data and even 'fixed permissions' - but still no joy.

I have also been back to a 'plain' 1.09 and started from there - still no joy!

Very frustrating, as the ROM looks great!

Any ideas from the bright sparks here??

G

so it seems like a titanium problem, have you uninstalled and re installed the app itself, i have it running fine with this rom so it cant be a rom problem really :) .

if this still fails i would go back to square one, wipe the caches factory reset etc and re install this rom and see if that helps.

i have fund in my few months with a vega that the strangest things occur at the strangest times for no apparent reason , but they are nearly always fixed witha reflash or a few reboots.

good luck