[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest gdwhitehouse
so it seems like a titanium problem, have you uninstalled and re installed the app itself, i have it running fine with this rom so it cant be a rom problem really :) .

if this still fails i would go back to square one, wipe the caches factory reset etc and re install this rom and see if that helps.

i have fund in my few months with a vega that the strangest things occur at the strangest times for no apparent reason , but they are nearly always fixed witha reflash or a few reboots.

good luck

OK - thanks for that - did a little more reading and it seems there have been some issues since a Titanium update - went back to an old version and things are working.

Cheers

G

Edited by gdwhitehouse

Guest mitchb23
All sorted, no need to panic anyone!!!!

Just in case this phenom happens to anyone else - all I did was connect to my pc and by magic the touch screen worked again!!!!

Ive had this twice now, both times i touched the screen while boot image was on, rebooting has solved the issue for me.

Im going to try reflashing again as still cant access large file games on the market or the device status info.

Wonder if its becausemy stock was 1.10 , will reflash to 1.09 then try this rom again.

Guest the_corvus
Many thanks for a great rom I would just like to tell all noobs,like me, to always read the posts instead of just jumping in with both feet,installed without wiping and got some strange effects,wrong keyboard, sidebar at bottom,teach me to.read first, just one other thing where is the g-sensor widget? its not in with the others?

Thanks for try noobs read all the thread.

The probles is taht you made the wipe after intall rom and the widget and some other apps that were on data were deleted. Reflas corvus5 over without wipe akd you will get back the apps.

Corvus

Guest ViPaSoft

Thanks to both The_Corvus and Newbie5. Probably the best ROM out there.

Only two questions as I don't quite understand the first page, too much to read and it gets a little confusing for me.

First;

Do I have to install the 3gFiles.zip to be able to use my 3g Dongle?

It worked fine on MoDaCo r8, but don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it doesn't work on your ROM as I've not tried it yet. Too busy playing with all the new features and enjoying the speed.

Just wanted to know before I tried it, whether I need to install the zip file, and do I install it, as usual, with CWM.

Second;

Apart from the Honeycomb theme on Newbie5's page, are there any more themes available that work?

Thanks again for a superb ROM and I look forward to buying both of you a drink, when I get paid, you deserve it.

Guest gdwhitehouse

Sooooo...

Now things are pretty much working, I have a new issue - a reloaded version of Angry Birds (via Titanium) with its data force closes, and clean install works OK. But reloading the data causes the crash again - anyone seen this?

G

Guest premieral
Sooooo...

Now things are pretty much working, I have a new issue - a reloaded version of Angry Birds (via Titanium) with its data force closes, and clean install works OK. But reloading the data causes the crash again - anyone seen this?

G

as you rightly said In your earlier post there was a problem with titanium which they have apparently now fixed with a new update so give it a whirl

Guest gdwhitehouse
as you rightly said In your earlier post there was a problem with titanium which they have apparently now fixed with a new update so give it a whirl

Nice idea - but no better :)

G

Guest Chris Blanc

Great rom!

Noticably faster, seems stable so far, no issues at all. Can see me sticking with this until Honeycome rears it's head. Good work guys!

Guest warriorscot

I have never been able to get angry birds to load old data without using the angry birds tool for it.

After having used it for a while I can definately say I much prefer the NI keyboard to the tapntap its just better in every category and much faster to type on as the tapntap is just not split enough to get away with only using thumbs comfortably I had hoped it would have been changed over time. The NI original keyboard fits in with the mod better anyway if only I could work out how to disable the sounds it would be perfect.

Guest premieral
I have never been able to get angry birds to load old data without using the angry birds tool for it.

After having used it for a while I can definately say I much prefer the NI keyboard to the tapntap its just better in every category and much faster to type on as the tapntap is just not split enough to get away with only using thumbs comfortably I had hoped it would have been changed over time. The NI original keyboard fits in with the mod better anyway if only I could work out how to disable the sounds it would be perfect.

In settings /language and keyboard/ nikeyboard settings/ untick sound on keypress :)

Guest gdwhitehouse

Took your advice - went back to the Nandroid I had, saved the Angry Birds progress, then back to Corvus - all loaded and back where I was :)

Cheers

G

Guest mitchb23
Ive had this twice now, both times i touched the screen while boot image was on, rebooting has solved the issue for me.

Im going to try reflashing again as still cant access large file games on the market or the device status info.

Wonder if its becausemy stock was 1.10 , will reflash to 1.09 then try this rom again.

Yeah, finally got games working. :)

Installed crovus5 onto my mums vega and it allowed games with no issues. Went to reintsall mine for a third time, booted into recovery and deleted all caches including davlik, then meant to reinstall crovus5 however rebooted in error, tried to install games and they worked fine.

Have a few questions about USB use but posted new topic as general rather than crovus5 releated

Guest ViPaSoft

Have noticed a small issue.

I generally have around 300Mb+ memory available, (RAM not storage). But when I connect the VEGA to my PC, via USB, to transfer files, (usually video files of about 200-800Mb), my memory then only shows 150Mb+/- RAM. Even after using a task cleaner like Advance Task Manager. But after a reboot, all is back to normal, 300Mb+.

Has anyone any ideas. It's like the VEGA uses 150Mb RAM to connect to my PC for file transfer and is unable to recover the memory without a reboot. This didn't happen with 1.09 or r8.

Having said that, I still prefer this ROM and a reboot is not an issue as I only connect to my PC occasionally, I usually use ES File Explorer and transfer files via wifi. Only use USB for larger files/folders.

Still a great ROM and still probably the best available at the moment.

Guest ViPaSoft
Hi guys

can anyone tell me if the book reader aldiko works or not

Read on XDA it doesn't...

Thanks

UB31

Works fine on mine, but I have purchased the Premium version. Don't know if that would make any difference.

Guest meehog

I've just flashed this rom to my Vega, and I'm really impressed, looks nice and seems really stable, just one problem for me. On my home screens, the screen resolution seems quite low, the icons seem too big, and I only have 4x4 icon spacings, there's huge gaps in between the icons, yet in my app drawer, there are 6x6 icon spaces which seems normal, and web browsing, market etc all seem to be the right resolution. I can't find any way to change this and I was just wondering if it's normal with this rom? It means I can hardly fit anything on the home screens, I can fit 4x4 icons on my HTC Desire. Surely there's a way to change this? Please forgive me if I'm being completely ignorant, I'm fairly new to this, and I have searched, but couldn't find any other posts from people complaining about the resolution, especially where it only seems to affect the home screen, and I would have thought this would have been a problem for other people, not just me? Or am I just complaining too much? Would love to stay with this rom, but I need more room on the home screens, I like widgets!

Other than that, great work on the rom, much appreciated!!

Guest casey99

I think it depends which launcher you are using. I flashed this rom and found the same "problem" as you.

I installed Launcher Pro from the market and in the preferences you can change the number of rows and columns which changes the gaps between the icons.

I haven't tried any other launchers but I guess they would have similar settings.

Guest meehog
I think it depends which launcher you are using. I flashed this rom and found the same "problem" as you.

I installed Launcher Pro from the market and in the preferences you can change the number of rows and columns which changes the gaps between the icons.

That would do the job nicely, I'll give that a try, thanks very much.

Guest Vansphone
Do I have to install the 3gFiles.zip to be able to use my 3g Dongle?

Installed the ROM an hour ago, it installed without any problems. So far no problems with any of my apps. I read that some had had problems with Titanium and Aldoko (free edition) and Angry Birds but mine worked fine.

My first impression is than it is faster than r8. Application Manager copies apps to the SD card faster than r8. There is a big improvement in WiFi performance. So far every time pick it up I have a connection. With r8 I sometimes had to wait a while.

So a big thanks and great work.

My only question is the same as ViPaSoft's. I am not sure is I should install 3gFiles.zip or not. Later I will attach my 3G dongle, perhaps that will answer the question.

Guest premieral
hallo,

i have a question, can some give me some more information about how i can install the honeycomb theme?

thankyou!

download the zip to sd card, reboot to recovery ( from rom manager) then install zip from sd card in recovery.

then reboot, but remember to clear cache first

Guest jeffmasson
First many thanks corvus and newbie5

I am re-downloading it now as I did a full wipe then went to install and error out at status 7 tmp/boot.img failed. So am re downloading the ROM now to see if it was a bad download also can please upload the setcpu as attachment as rapidshaire has 20/25minute wait before you can re download things off there service

Thanks again. :)

EDIT:

Just tried again on the new download on PC then moved the file to the SD Card

"Writing boot image...

assert failed:write_raw_image("/tmp/bootimg" , "boot")

E:Error in /sdcard/download/Crvus5.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Attempted on Clockwork 2.5.1.8, do either of corvus and newbie5 have md5 to check against

Going back to CM7 for now, try again tomorrow or something

I get the same thing anyone fixed this yet?

Guest XN04113

Whats about support for the internal 3G Card (Huwai) installed in the Smartsurfer and PointOfView version of the advent vega?

Tried the 3G paket, no option to activate the card. Both org. rom's has a 3G/GPS aktivation switch at settings/wireless network.

mike

Guest bubba_169

Hi guys just wanted to say thanks and great work on the new rom. I thought r8 was great but this rom seems fast and more stable. The only small problem I have so far is that in the about settings I can't open the status option it just crashes. Otherwise great work :-)