Vega as a game console

Guest the_corvus

Guest the_corvus

Yes, xbox pad working with any emulator (by now). This will work only in Corvus5 and the roms that has it's kernel (Fuji, maybe, but not tested)

Steps:

1) Copy xpad.ko into your sdcard

2) In connectbot exec:

insmod xpad.ko

(where you have your xpad.ko file)

3) Boot in usb host mode if you are not.

4) Start emulator and setup input

Yes, i know is upside-down.... next will not be...

This will be included in Corvus5 next version.

Dont forgot to extraxt the zip

Corvus.

xpad.ko.zip

Guest newbe5

I love this! With the Vega hooked up to the top through hdmi, it is now a multipurpose games console! Snes megadrive n64!! Brilliant work mates, turns the vega in to a whole new device!

newbe5

Guest Yogimax
I love this! With the Vega hooked up to the top through hdmi, it is now a multipurpose games console! Snes megadrive n64!! Brilliant work mates, turns the vega in to a whole new device!

newbe5

Excellent - What are the best emulators to try on the Vega, and where do you get the old games from?

Edited by Yogimax

Guest Logseman
Excellent - What are the best emulators to try on the Vega, and where do you get the old games from?

There are ultra-convenient paid repositories in the market, but they get shot down very rapidly by Google. A free one is DroidEmuRomGet.

There are two main emulator series: the free "Tiger" emulators for 8- and 16-bit consoles, and the paid ones made by yongzh. Aside of that, you have PSX4Droid and FPSE for the PSX, and the Nintendo 64 recently received N64Droid. Frankly, the capacitive buttons in the Vega are a pain to use for things which require a lot of speed and precision, so this is a blessing for people with XBOX360 compatible controllers.

Pity about the PS3, thanks for trying anyways, Corvus :mellow:

Edited by Logseman