back to original for return?

Guest Hardz

Guest Hardz

I so wanted to like the Vega and tried the various Roms, but to be honest it does not do anything that my Galaxy S (Darkys Rom) can't do and converting 720p MKV's is a pain, but the final deciding factor is the volume of apps that don't run on the Vega (like MX Mayhem).

I'll be returning it to Currys and need to know how I can wipe everything and return it to stock (out the box) Vega?

Thanks

Guest NeilLewis22
I so wanted to like the Vega and tried the various Roms, but to be honest it does not do anything that my Galaxy S (Darkys Rom) can't do and converting 720p MKV's is a pain, but the final deciding factor is the volume of apps that don't run on the Vega (like MX Mayhem).

I'll be returning it to Currys and need to know how I can wipe everything and return it to stock (out the box) Vega?

Thanks

You will need o go to myadventvega.com i think the address is and look at the restore pdf. this will restore your vega to the standard rom. format your sd card and your done.

I think you should keep old of your vega and wait for the apps to work. you got to remember the apps your use to are mobile apps these will in time be changed to work with bigger screens.

Guest Stevonator

Hey,

Sorry to hear your not impressed with the Vega, but I guess it's not for everyone :mellow: Following on from NeilLewis you will need to visit myadventvega.com and download the Recovery image there. The PDF they provide is very good and you should have no trouble restoring it. Make sure you make a backup of your SD Card and then format it. If you require any help just ask :o

Stevonator

Edited by Stevonator

Guest Hardz

Thanks, will give the above a go when I get home.

If I didn't have the awesome Galaxy S, I'd be more than happy with the Vega. Maybe when Tegra/Advent provide full multi media support and apps increase tablet support, I'll give it another go.

Guest bhargav27
Thanks, will give the above a go when I get home.

If I didn't have the awesome Galaxy S, I'd be more than happy with the Vega. Maybe when Tegra/Advent provide full multi media support and apps increase tablet support, I'll give it another go.

I returned mine with corvus rom w/o any problems (so have other), but i guess to be on safe side you should wipe it to factory settings.

Guest Qwertymon

Thanks

If theres a fault you dont have to remaster it to return it the software isnt covered by the warranty, that pretty much dsgi policy, how ever its not a try and buy service so if there is nothing wrong with the product and it is unsealed its upto who ever serves you whether or not it will be taken back into the store. From what youve explained I wouldnt take it back in store.

Guest Hardz

It was purchased online so I can return it to any Currys under the distance selling regulation within 7 working days and I'm not required to explain why except that I'm not satisfied.

I don't expect any problems.

Guest Qwertymon
It was purchased online so I can return it to any Currys under the distance selling regulation within 7 working days and I'm not required to explain why except that I'm not satisfied.

I don't expect any problems.

make sure your polite and don't demand they can refuse and pretty much force you to use the phone to arrange a courier through 08445610000, in reality this will most likely be easier for you anyways