Have Asus pulled the OTA firmware update ?

Guest Matchstick

Guest Matchstick

Have Asus pulled the current firmware updates due to the problems some users have encountered as I'm not seeing anything reported when I go into Settings/About tablets/System Update ?

Guest mr_bridger

Mines still sat in the notification area. Unsure if I should install it or not before rooting? Will it cause problems after root if I dont?

Guest hecatomb

According to this XDA post, yes, they have...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=253

Hey folks, I work with Rich in the ASUS Corporate Marketing department and have been in contact with Eric and the software dev team. Yes, we did stop the FOTA update from triggering as a precaution, and yes, the software dev team is still working on it this weekend. We gave them our group assigned Transformer for testing/updating right before we left the office, as ours was not updated to the latest version yet. We're still hoping to avoid the RMA route, so cross your fingers that they can actually brick our device to see the root cause (hah, the first time you guys *want* a device to get bricked).

And no, we're not deleting anyones comments on Facebook. I would know, Rich and I help maintain it :mellow:

Have a good weekend!

-Rick

Guest hecatomb
Mine is fine after the update.... ?

Some of us on XDA (5 or so) have stuck / bricked devices after rebooting for the first update. :mellow:

Guest jivkomk

HI everybody! I just received my Transformer and have so many questions. But first is for the updates. My myNet is still on Spanish?! When check for updates - " There's no updates for your device" . Any ideas how to get updates?

Guest RedSlug
HI everybody! I just received my Transformer and have so many questions. But first is for the updates. My myNet is still on Spanish?! When check for updates - " There's no updates for your device" . Any ideas how to get updates?

There are two things you can do. Wait until Asus enable the ota update again, or root your device and install a custom rom

Guest Matchstick
There are two things you can do. Wait until Asus enable the ota update again, or root your device and install a custom rom

Actually there's a third, option.

You can apply the official Update 1 file from here (this is the update that fixes the Spanish MyNet and add extra stuff lke MyCloud, but doesn't have any reported problems bricking people's transfomers)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=29

I used this file by downloading it, copying it to the root of your MicroSD card (not internal memory) and renaming it to EP101 SDUPDATE.ZIP.

I then restarted the Transformer and it applied itself itself automatically.

This should work fine as it's the official Asus update file being applied in the standard way but obviously I can't take responsibility if it all goes wrong, your tablet turns into Skynet and tries to take over the world :mellow:

Guest RedSlug
Actually there's a third, option.

I wish someone had told me that earlier! Ah well i now have a shiny new rom....

Guest Matchstick
I tryed but don't work on my table. It doesn't start installing after restart.

Interesting... I updated my Transformer using that file though it did take me a couple of tries to work out the correct place to put the file (and to rename it correcttly)

Especially as I have put the wrong file name in my previous post. It should be EP101_SDUPDATE.ZIP not EP101 SDUPDATE.ZIP

DOH !!!

Edited by Matchstick

Guest jivkomk
Interesting... I updated my Transformer using that file though it did take me a couple of tries to work out the correct place to put the file (and to rename it correcttly)

Especially as I have put the wrong file name in my previous post. It should be EP101_SDUPDATE.ZIP not EP101 SDUPDATE.ZIP

DOH !!!

Can I ask you to explain me step by step how to get this update because I couldn't. It is need to be donein recovery mode and if yes how to get it. When I downloaded the file I put in my SD card, renamed but nothing.