£399 at O2 Pay and Go

Guest PaulOBrien

Who ordered?

I reckon delivery could be Tuesday, waiting to see if the device is unlocked!

P

Can you also confirm if NFC is missing from the UK handset?

Guest oawalker
Who ordered?

P

They said it will be locked to o2 however you can get it unlocked by them if your on pay monthly contract for free or on pay as you if you have been with them for at least 12 months for £15. that's the only thing stopping me from getting one I am still in a contract with t mobile until next year :mellow:

I'll probably pick one up sim free

Guest Dayzee
They said it will be locked to o2 however you can get it unlocked by them if your on pay monthly contract for free or on pay as you if you have been with them for at least 12 months for £15. that's the only thing stopping me from getting one I am still in a contract with t mobile until next year :mellow:

I ordered o2 payg but then I cancelled and swapped to this deal

O2 Contract 24m at 13.50 with 50 mins 250 texts and basic data at 100mb

Handset is 149, plus accessory (5 quid cover) and get 100 back from topcashback or quidco brings it to

£378 total plus of course the contract mins etc on the sim

I went with topcashback, think quidco is just today only

Dayzee

Guest markdotpeters5

I was told by two separate people at 02 that they don't sell locked handsets, and it would be totally unlocked. I explained I wanted to use a 3 sim until it ran out, then transfer to the O2 PAYG sim.

I shall be placing a rather annoyed phone call if it comes locked!

Haven't had a shipped notice yet so looks like it'll probably arrive towards the end of next week,

Guest CoolCheese

For £14.99, there is a company saying that they can unlock it (removed the linked - sorry need to reread the forum rules I guess - but google is your friend). Have no experience with them but looks legit. Interested if anyone else does, or can suggest a cheaper alternative. If I can't unlock it, it's going back. For me, Three's One Plan is the only thing a phone like this deserves ;-)

For braver souls out there, I also happened across this link, which suggests a unlock code for free. http://www.misophones.com/2011/04/unlock-s...-galaxy-s2.html

For £100 less than anywhere else, I can live without NFC, the infrastructure's not there yet and I'm not sure I want to be waving my SGS2 about everywhere I go.

Edited by CoolCheese

Guest trstn

I've been with o2 for years, had many phones from them all of which had o2 modified firmware and all of which accepted other operators sims out the box - including my current Desire.

O ofne the reasons I love o2 so much.

Guest markdotpeters5
I've been with o2 for years, had many phones from them all of which had o2 modified firmware and all of which accepted other operators sims out the box - including my current Desire.

O ofne the reasons I love o2 so much.

Only thing is I thought they might have locked PAYG handsets, as opposed to contract ones. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

PS - Has anyone actually had theirs ship yet?

Edited by markdotpeters5

Guest HugoQueiriga

Waiting for mine, was able to place order after 7 tries lots of calls to bank and CC company! :mellow:

LG Optimus 2X is going back to CPW it is to buggy for me to use everyday!

Guest Dayzee

I thought the same about possible locked payg handsets, so cancelleed my original order in favour of acheap contract. Can't believe handset was only 149 on lowest tarrif :mellow: even without 100 back from topcashback, still only another75 quid over the paygo, with 24 months worth of mins and texts plus free unlocking as its monthly.

I also read that if you aren't going to use the sim you can cancel the 3 quid data charge making it only10.50 a month after the first month, but not sure they would let you do that so I didn't factor it in my deal.

dayz xx

Guest StarmanUK

Ordered from O2 early Thursday afternoon they've taken the money but not had any email stating dispatch of the phone. So I won't be seeing it until at least Wednesday.

All this talk about being able to remove the data bolt-on. I'm not sure if you can tbh the O2 T&C state that you can increase your tariff while under term and decrease but only to the original monthly charge. But then that might not affect "addons" like the data bolt-on. Personally speaking I'd rather just pay the extra to get it outright on PAYG and use my giffgaff SIM. But I'd be interested to see how people get on :mellow:

*Edit - UPDATE: Ok I cancelled the PAYG order this morning and went with the £10.50 24 month term and the cashback with a view to paying the term off after I've received the money as its quite a bit cheaper. Ordered around 11am and it's already been picked/packed and is awaiting collection by DHL so I expect it to arrive Wednesday.

Now who wants to buy an SGS1 :o

Edited by StarmanUK

Guest firedup
Ordered from O2 early Thursday afternoon they've taken the money but not had any email stating dispatch of the phone. So I won't be seeing it until at least Wednesday.

All this talk about being able to remove the data bolt-on. I'm not sure if you can tbh the O2 T&C state that you can increase your tariff while under term and decrease but only to the original monthly charge. But then that might not affect "addons" like the data bolt-on. Personally speaking I'd rather just pay the extra to get it outright on PAYG and use my giffgaff SIM. But I'd be interested to see how people get on :mellow:

Got one from phones 4 u for 529. Not a great deal but without a doubt the best smartphone ive ever had and ive had them all.

2 bugs though. keypad tones after turned off come back on again. keyboard average. apart from that I challenge anyone to find a better phone.

Guest FatherD

I have just come away from handling one of these babies in Phones4U.

The form factor is an absolute winner, think DesireHD without the bulk, think ARC with a wider, better screen.

All the specs are spot-on, the feel is better than expected, with the full glass front looking particularly sweet,

the back feels solid - gone is the 'plasticy' feel of the average Samsung!

The screen clarity, colour and balance is peerless; the new s-amoled plus looks to my eyes to be a better screen overall than the one on the LG Arc.

Very limited time playing with it; it felt as snappy as one would expect and felt very good to hold - as and when I can afford one, and of course subject to any flaws showing up on the forums - this one is my next phone.

Guest CaspaTheGhost
I have just come away from handling one of these babies in Phones4U.

The form factor is an absolute winner, think DesireHD without the bulk, think ARC with a wider, better screen.

All the specs are spot-on, the feel is better than expected, with the full glass front looking particularly sweet,

the back feels solid - gone is the 'plasticy' feel of the average Samsung!

The screen clarity, colour and balance is peerless; the new s-amoled plus looks to my eyes to be a better screen overall than the one on the LG Arc.

Very limited time playing with it; it felt as snappy as one would expect and felt very good to hold - as and when I can afford one, and of course subject to any flaws showing up on the forums - this one is my next phone.

This has caught my eye too... Need to get back to Android so hopefully will get one when the work lines need upgrading in June... Miss my Desire, using a BB and its shite...

Guest SatanR1

I'm definitely going to wait to see if it's unlocked on that PAYG .... if it is, then I'm buying one right away! :mellow:

Guest Dayzee

Got my confirmation email, tracking details and can now access MyO2. I also now have an account and phone number. Been having a look at what you can do online, and at first glance, it does seem you can drop the data bolt on quite easily. Shows an option to manage bolt ons,, with a swap button. The choices are then basic, 6£ option, £10 option and none. There is then a message that if you choose none, you will be charged on the up to 50mb a day at £1 rate.

So if that is the case, you could knock off data taking a further £70 or so off the total for the phone, which breaks down like this:

149 for handset

5 for accessory (quidco or topcashback is for new contract plus accessory)

1 x13.50 and 23 x 10.50 = 255

Total is 410 which is only a tenner more than the payg offer - then minus 100 from topcashback or quidco leaves just 310 for the phone.

Will keep you updated

Dayz xx

Guest JamesKing

Ordered under the above contract deal. I also have one on the way from buymobilephones.net!

Hm... what to do!?

Guest Dayzee
Ordered under the above contract deal. I also have one on the way from buymobilephones.net!

Hm... what to do!?

If it were me, Id try to cancel the buy mobile phones one, but if not, ebay it as soon as poss to sell to those waiting for later release dates. ;-)

Dayz

Guest pbinks
Who ordered?

P

Cancelled Expansys preorder when I saw O2 were doing the SGSII on PAYG for £399 and ordered from them as it is £150 less than the preorder price from Expansys, so expecting it next week or week after as O2 order says five working days for delivery.

:mellow:

Binky

Guest dr_ysp
If it were me, Id try to cancel the buy mobile phones one, but if not, ebay it as soon as poss to sell to those waiting for later release dates. ;-)

Dayz

hi, Dayz, i checked with o2 today, they confirmed that we can lose said bolt on(3.50). The only thing i am waiting is for actual look at the handset as these people dont have it two o2 stores i checked in london