[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest HunteronX
What have people found to be working I push apps and they don't seem to load at all i get a lot of force closes even trying to open up the browser is this just me?

I also get force closes when opening the browser, but it doesn't really matter at the moment, as Wi-Fi doesn't work.

Edited by HunteronX

Guest ParanoidSPV
I Don't know about Honeycomb, but when we troubleshooted the Notion Adam Rom, in order to get wifi to work you had too

copy from a PoV/Vega ROM following file/maps:

mkdir /sdcard/PovFiles
cp /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so /sdcard/PovFiles/libhardware_legacy.so
cp /system/lib/hw/wlan /sdcard/PovFiles/wlan
cp /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002 /sdcard/PovFiles/wlan_ar6002[/codebox]

After flashing:

- install Root Explorer and z4root. Root your device.

- remount your /system with read/write.

Copy the files back:

[codebox]
mv /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so.bak
mv /system/lib/hw/wlan /system/lib/hw/wlan.bak
cp /sdcard/PovFiles/libhardware_legacy.so /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so
cp /sdcard/PovFiles/wlan /system/lib/hw/wlan
cp /sdcard/PovFiles/wlan_ar6002 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002

And correct the permissions:

chmod 755 /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so
chmod 755 /system/lib/hw/wlan
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/ar6000.ko
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/athwlan.bin.z77
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/data.patch.hw2_0.bin
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/eeprom.bin
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/eeprom.data
chmod 755 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/ar6000.ko
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/athwlan.bin.z77
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/data.patch.hw2_0.bin
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/eeprom.bin
chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/eeprom.data
[/codebox]

After reboot your WiFi can now be activated.

I gave that a try and it dont load the driver... i think i have to get a newere version of the ar6002 driver.. i do think that i can remember that it was opensource will look for it again... :unsure:

Guest Melted
Edit: Only con is that the three buttons in the lower left are very hard to press. Is this just my tablet and a bad screen calibration or do all of you have this problem?

Same here with a POV Mobii, soft buttons don't work as smooth as with CM7 or corvus rom.

Wil try this afternoon the calibration apk to see if it solves the problem.

If not, I'll try to place the soff buttons with CM7 at same position than honey ( down left). If I have the same issue, it's back to repair or exchange.

Guest Tony Williams
What have people found to be working I push apps and they don't seem to load at all i get a lot of force closes even trying to open up the browser is this just me?

Browser force closed for me, as did the market app but I assumed this was probably due to wifi/connection issues. Titanium Backup worked to a point but didn`t have ROOT so then wouldn`t go any further, tried VISIONARY but that didn`t seem to do anything, though didn`t force close. Didn`t try much else as it was getting late and I wanted to revert back to my previous install.

Guest spacecadetuk
Couldn't resist it, so I installed and tried it. It works great and is really smooth! Will have lots of free time the next couple of weeks so if something needs to be tested I gladly will be a volunteer :unsure:

Edit: Only con is that the three buttons in the lower left are very hard to press. Is this just my tablet and a bad screen calibration or do all of you have this problem?

Yea mine seemed very unresponsive as well, not sure if its hardware or software

Guest Melted

also Aldiko FC, I assume it's because the rotation not working.

Haven't reverted to Corvus yet, so i'll try more thing this noon.

Guest Bigootang

Not seen it discussed elsewhere but regarding the lack of internal memory in relation to this Tom has anyone looked the possibility of increasing its size?

When I had my dell streak ( which I sold and replaced with the Vega ) there were articles on replacing the internal micro SD card.

I've taken my Vega back off but didn't want to disassemble it further, is there an on board micro SD inside?

Good work on this rom also, will wait until its wifi enabled and will as always be sending a donation your way!

Edited by Bigootang

Guest ParanoidSPV
Not seen it discussed elsewhere but regarding the lack of internal memory in relation to this Tom has anyone looked the possibility of increasing its size?

When I had my dell streak ( which I sold and replaced with the Vega ) there were articles on replacing the internal micro SD card.

I've taken my Vega back off but didn't want to disassemble it further, is there an on board micro SD inside?

Good work on this rom also, will wait until its wifi enabled and will as always be sending a donation your way!

No it is not a sd card solution on the vega... The chips are soldered on there... would be nice if it was that easy.. :unsure:

Guest beepo666

OK look at me, I never EVER post on online forums, EVER, but this is epic. This is the reason I bought a Vega!!

As soon as I'm sober (tomorrow) I'll be installing and donating :-)

Thank you, thank you and I thank you (I mean that!) for making my vega purchase a viable one :-) I love you both long time :-D

(Bought Vega in UK but living in Thailand for last 3 months, most travelled Vega award?)

Edited by beepo666

Guest bhargav27

Sorry to bore everyone with my petty problem. But I realised that my Vega had a problem as I could not flash this hc rom on it no matter what i did. I also could not get CM7 on it either. It only worked with Corvus 5 or the stock rom. So I returned it for a new one and everything's fine. So if anyone else is having any issues, you know what you need to do!

Cheers,

Bhargav

Guest Melted

is just me, or home button does nothing? back is ok, menu is ok, but home button ( the one in the middle) marks as pressed, shows the shadow, but does nothing

thanks guys

Edited by Melted

Guest dconde

I noticed the kernel version listed on the device is 2.6.32. Did you back port the missing modules or is the version number incorrect?

Guest dagrim1
is just me, or home button does nothing? back is ok, menu is ok, but home button ( the one in the middle) marks as pressed, shows the shadow, but does nothing

thanks guys

Same here...

Flashed back to corvus5 for now btw because lack of wifi just makes it unusable for now. Was nice to try it though!

Rooting went fine using the acer iconia a500 method (pushing necessary apk to system\app) .

Could also push root explorer and titaniumbackup that way after which I could restore my backups made with titanium :unsure:

Tried if using the wlan folder from the CM7 roms worked but unfortunately not... When using the libhardware_legacy.so file from that release caused the tablet being unable to boot. Using the original libhardware_legacy.so did show the wifi icon but it didn't work. Going to wifi settings simply showed 'error' or something.

Was able to run quadrant advanced and smartbench, smartbench ran in a window though (and didn't have spareparts installed).

Quadrant score: 2727 @ 1.5ghz (yeah, overclocking worked :)) and 1923 @ 1ghz

Guest WWEpsp

have you seen Google I/O news? Android 3.1 is coming with new features, incluiding USB host mode, with support for gamepads!!!!

Guest Kevrae
have you seen Google I/O news? Android 3.1 is coming with new features, incluiding USB host mode, with support for gamepads!!!!

Yeah one step at a time lol :unsure: ill be extremely thrilled once this is fully up and running.

Guest bewA
Yeah one step at a time lol :) ill be extremely thrilled once this is fully up and running.

agreed! root, wifi, market, i think that will be enough to get started :unsure:

Did anyone notice any weirdness when the screen went off? I found that it wouldn't wake :S

disclaimer: yes i know this is proof of concept/wip/alpha :P

Guest danb79

screen was fine for me? but hey this is a super alfa release! looking forward to wifi had to go back to corvus5 ....must play parallel kingdom simple but addictive!

Guest bluemotion

Kudos guys! you guys are awesome!

Honeycomb :unsure:

I would love to contribute but i dont have any dev skills, Good at photoshop though (but i guess newbe has that covered)

Downloading it now :)

Guest Panayioti

I don't know if this is me but are somethings on the rom look a little blurred but hey its an alpha release so wasn't expectong everything to be in good condition.

Guest WWEpsp
Yeah one step at a time lol :unsure: ill be extremely thrilled once this is fully up and running.

of course, step by step, just was asking over. I read maybe HC code was going to get realeased on this Google I/O. I'll be happy if they get running HC as corvus5 does...

Guest Kevrae
of course, step by step, just was asking over. I read maybe HC code was going to get realeased on this Google I/O. I'll be happy if they get running HC as corvus5 does...

Yeah would've been nice but wasn't holding my breath fortunatley. What I do take as a positive though is that we haven't heard from newbe or Corvus since yesterday. Must be beavering away.

Guest dagrim1
Yeah would've been nice but wasn't holding my breath fortunatley. What I do take as a positive though is that we haven't heard from newbe or Corvus since yesterday. Must be beavering away.

Or catching some well deserved sleep :unsure:

Guest Stevonator

Guys I have to say it,

You are quite simply an inspiration. You're living proof that hard work and determination can achieve anything. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing achievement. Part of me wishes I knew you both in reality lol, the stuff I could learn off you guys would be unreal!

Thank you for all your hard work, all your time and effort. It really is much appreciated :unsure:

All my gratitude,

Steve

Guest BadDroid

Can't wait for a full release of this with all the features working, will be awesome. When I get paid, beer tokens will come a knocking lol! :unsure: