[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

I have PEAPPatch-v2 in my hard drive, seems to be the file you're looking for. My dropbox isn't working atm so feel free to pm me an email address were I can send it to (it's a small file (376Kb).

Unfortunatly this didnt work, instead made the eduroam completly invisible , strange indeed. maybe newbe or any other of the devs can come up with an updated PEAP patch :/ til then I'm on R8 :( not bad but vegacomb is so pretty

Guest AlbaJoe

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update3 Features

Which one of these should I do ? I am mot quite sure what the OP means about storage etc. ? I have a 32gig card on the way to me if that makes any difference ?

This or something similar may have been discussed but search isn’t giving me anything useful

Im having a slight issue while running vegacomb build 3.2n u3

When I install a movie player (its mainly rock player I have an issue with and that’s what I want to run but I have tried a couple of other players and got the same results) I can no longer open any video files from any file manager

When I click on a file the screen just fades slightly but no video plays

The same thing happens when I try to click rtsp links rom the browser

Under every other rom ive run the first time I clicked a file or link after installing a movie player it would ask me which app I wanted to use to open the file but I don’t seem to be getting any options on vegcomb

I can open files directly using rock player’s own browser but I still get no options to set as default

Any ideas or suggestions?

Apart from this im finding the new vegacomb build very nice and very smooth

Guest kipper641

This or something similar may have been discussed but search isn’t giving me anything useful

Im having a slight issue while running vegacomb build 3.2n u3

When I install a movie player (its mainly rock player I have an issue with and that’s what I want to run but I have tried a couple of other players and got the same results) I can no longer open any video files from any file manager

When I click on a file the screen just fades slightly but no video plays

The same thing happens when I try to click rtsp links rom the browser

Under every other rom ive run the first time I clicked a file or link after installing a movie player it would ask me which app I wanted to use to open the file but I don’t seem to be getting any options on vegcomb

I can open files directly using rock player’s own browser but I still get no options to set as default

Any ideas or suggestions?

Apart from this im finding the new vegacomb build very nice and very smooth

Try tuning the Vega to portrait mode and the selection box should appear.

Keith

Guest kipper641

genius! thank you

Not me :) the guys who write the code are the true Geniuses.

What they have done is nothing short of inspired brilliance, who would of thought that a year ago when the Vega was released

we would be running Honeycomb.

So to all the team involved in the coding Thank You.

Keith

Guest AlbaJoe

What they have done is nothing short of inspired brilliance, who would of thought that a year ago when the Vega was released

Keith

amen

Guest jinkyjim

Keith

+1 They have transformed the Vega into a great little gadget,

thanks guys

Guest foxguard

Keith

+1

Guest slakweld

Used my Vega on holiday with vegacomb installed, got asked a lot of questions from people wanting to know if it was an iPad or not!! Fact I had an external hard drive plugged in watching movies was a give away!!

Guest miremare

Hello

ive just had a brand new advent vega.

ive installed VegaModdedStock_v1.10_v2

then VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n.

bugs.

for a few hours its ok.

once tablet is switched off or not used for a couple of hoursa the follwing happens.

1)on start up, its impossible to free the lOCK screen.

the circle will not move to the padlock in landscape.

In portrait the circle will move to the padlock and unlock.

2) in landscape, when i press the TIME OR WIFIi icon, the icon lights up on the opposite side of the screen in this case the BACK button

3) in lanscape, if i press the top right APPS icon, google search pops up which is on the top left.

overall the tablet becomes un useable as the screen is very hard to get it to do what you want.

any ideas?

thanks

Hello

ive just had a brand new advent vega.

ive installed VegaModdedStock_v1.10_v2

then VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n.

bugs.

for a few hours its ok.

once tablet is switched off or not used for a couple of hoursa the follwing happens.

1)on start up, its impossible to free the lOCK screen.

the circle will not move to the padlock in landscape.

In portrait the circle will move to the padlock and unlock.

2) in landscape, when i press the TIME OR WIFIi icon, the icon lights up on the opposite side of the screen in this case the BACK button

3) in lanscape, if i press the top right APPS icon, google search pops up which is on the top left.

overall the tablet becomes un useable as the screen is very hard to get it to do what you want.

any ideas?

thanks

my dad seemed to have had this problem with his vega on vegacomb, although intermittently;

try to run the screen calibration in shuttle tools, failing that, make sure when you boot your tab (since it does a self calibration then i believe) make sure there is nothing touching the screen, clean it if neccessary.

Hope this helps

Guest paul.doody

Can I ask before I do summit stoopid? I'm up to Honeycomb 3.2 build 8.1 but plan to upgrade to 9n. Do I have to revert to modded stock 1.10 before flashing to build 9n?

Is 9n an update or a complete rewrite. Wiping cache and dalvik still a pre-requisite?

I looove my Vega and If I did a boo boo now I'd top myself.

hi, fom reading the other threads on this forum, you should use modded stock v1.1 ver 2,

then using clockwork (recovery app) clear data, cache's and dalvik ...the usual before installing vegacomb 9n

note best to also download update 3 which is to be installed over 9n ..no need to clear caches here

Can I ask before I do summit stoopid? I'm up to Honeycomb 3.2 build 8.1 but plan to upgrade to 9n. Do I have to revert to modded stock 1.10 before flashing to build 9n?

Is 9n an update or a complete rewrite. Wiping cache and dalvik still a pre-requisite?

I looove my Vega and If I did a boo boo now I'd top myself.

Edited by Jpratt

Guest ben2010

Hello,

I am using an Smartbook Surfer and can't boot into recovery.

That's how I flashed my pad:

1. VegaModdedStock_v1.10_v2 -> booted into recovery and wiped cache

2. VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b with the full installer

Now I am on VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b but I can't reboot to recovery to install update v3.

The always boots as normal an doesn't go to recovery. The black screen doesn't show... only normal boot.

What can I do? I also tried to install CWM via adb but to no avail.

adb doesn't recognise the device. Under VegaModdedStock it is recognised...

Can someone point me to a solution please?

King regards,

Ben

Hello,

I am using an Smartbook Surfer and can't boot into recovery.

That's how I flashed my pad:

1. VegaModdedStock_v1.10_v2 -> booted into recovery and wiped cache

2. VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b with the full installer

Now I am on VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b but I can't reboot to recovery to install update v3.

The always boots as normal an doesn't go to recovery. The black screen doesn't show... only normal boot.

What can I do? I also tried to install CWM via adb but to no avail.

adb doesn't recognise the device. Under VegaModdedStock it is recognised...

Can someone point me to a solution please?

King regards,

Ben

Hi, I'm in a similar boat to you with VC 3.2 Build 9n. I similarly cant get to recovery (just reboots as normal), and so cant get update 3. I think (I dont know for sure, but from what I've read), the only way to get to update 3 is to flash update 3 immediately after you've updated 9n (i.e. don't reboot into 9n after flashing). I haven't bothered as yet, but am waiting for a fix as I'll just be in the same situation as I'm currently in not being able to get to CWM and get update4 etc.

Hope this helps.

Guest lilmonkey

Still loving this ROM and donate for each release.

Not sure if anybody here can help, i just updated Link2SD (great app), and noticed the FREEZE option. So i decied to FREEZE Link2SD.. BAD idea, now it's disappeared from the APPS list, and i cannot open it (even from the app control menu) to try to un-freeze it.

Any ideas what the "freeze" does on the file system, and how i can un-freeze it again?

Guest lilmonkey

Still loving this ROM and donate for each release.

Not sure if anybody here can help, i just updated Link2SD (great app), and noticed the FREEZE option. So i decided to FREEZE Link2SD.. BAD idea, now it's disappeared from the APPS list, and i cannot open it (even from the app control menu) to try to un-freeze it.

Any ideas what the "freeze" does on the file system, and how i can un-freeze it again?

OK, fixed it.

Used Titanium Backup to "defrost" Link2SD

Edited by lilmonkey

Having a bit of a problem installing latest update. Was on 3.2 beta 8 and trying to update to beta 9

I installed modstock 1.10 V2 and then cleared cache etc and installed 9n followed by update 3. All installed fine. Vega rebooted and all great

However when I rebooted i just got a black screen and vega won't re-boot. Just hangs. The only way out is to re-install modstock 1.10 and start again.

I have tried V1 and V2 modstock as well as just installing beta 9 without update 3. Everytime install is fine. But when battery goes flat or I reboot I just get a black screen and no way out but to re-install again

Any ideas?

Guest lazyliam

this vega is on model number modaco custum ROM for the advent vega r8. Build number harmony 2.2 its got clockwork installed but its not mine its my brothers ive read round and seen about modded stock version 1.10 not sure what and how to install to get to latest honeycomb and update build sorry i have read over loads of threads and its not mine are id just start flashing any help much appreciated

switched back to corvus..

sow far my love for it. been waiting for 2 months now, for something that was easily fixed they said. Logs and all are sent 2 months ago, plus a lot of people with me are waiting for a PEAP/MASCV2 fix.

too bad.. made a donation and allways appreciated vegacomb, but I just can't work without the wifi fix. :(

Edited by duvee

switched back to corvus..

sow far my love for it. been waiting for 2 months now, for something that was easily fixed they said. Logs and all are sent 2 months ago, plus a lot of people with me are waiting for a PEAP/MASCV2 fix.

too bad.. made a donation and allways appreciated vegacomb, but I just can't work without the wifi fix. :(

I'm one of those waiting for the PEAP fix, its a shame that i can't connect to wifi on my university.

Anyway, i left a message on the kernel release topic and it seems ejtagle(eduardo) has updated the wifi, lets see if the next update of Vegacomb we are getting PEAP working correctly =\

Guest andrew531

Morning everyone!

I havent been on this site for months and months and I am still running corvus 5 sp1. Corvus was that good that I was really content, however I have looked back and found that everything has moved on so much which is brilliant. Could anyone tell me the version that we are up to and what patches I would need as things change so quickly. I am really nervous about changing what I have but curiousity is taking over.

Because it has been so long since I have done any tweaks, I am afraid I will stuff everything up and lose my current utopia ha ha !