K1's Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Roms for Omnia i900 v1.7.2 (LZX, XPR)

Guest Keivan Moradi

Guest shadyshane

hi k1,

thank you very much for this perfect rom.i installed it and now replying you on my i900 :unsure:

it looks everything work well. but i have 1 found problem. that is my phone cant access camera after some using time.i mean the camera shooting feature.

it works again when i soft reset my phone and after several times using it becomes inactive again.i can make it runs even using hard camera button, the camera button on the screen or its icon in the menu.

my cam works well on qbus 07 rom

can you solve this problem? im waiting for your response

Guest Keivan Moradi
hi k1,

thank you very much for this perfect rom.i installed it and now replying you on my i900 :unsure:

it looks everything work well. but i have 1 found problem. that is my phone cant access camera after some using time.i mean the camera shooting feature.

it works again when i soft reset my phone and after several times using it becomes inactive again.i can make it runs even using hard camera button, the camera button on the screen or its icon in the menu.

my cam works well on qbus 07 rom

can you solve this problem? im waiting for your response

There is sth wrong with camera. I agree with you on this issue. It may take some time to find the solution. I will update the first post about this known issue.

Guest k7420
I had really strange problem with ock rom before I fix it. I could not send some sms. it depended on the content of the message. I tried everything (soft reset, signal strength,.. ) to fix it but it was impossible. When I made this rom my problems solved completely. I tested the rom for a mount. then I posted here.

Does your problem on the content of the message? Can you pm me that message if the problem depends on the content of the message.

Are you sure this is not a problem with your operator? (you can test it using another simcard.)

I know its beautiful. But I do not recommend that addon. It makes your device unstable.

I fixed the problem. :unsure:. I also made a thread about it for users benefits. Thank you and sorry to leave your ROM.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...xed-omnia-i900/

Guest Keivan Moradi
I fixed the problem. :unsure:. I also made a thread about it for users benefits. Thank you and sorry to leave your ROM.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...xed-omnia-i900/

go to Start> Setting> Personal> open the Phone icon> go to the last tab called More, then click on Band Selection. Get the setting. Change it from Automatic to GSM 900/1800. Thats it. If it doesn't work then change to next frequency and so on

Thanks for your solution.

I tried with other ROM they didn't let my change the Band Settings.

My ROM let you select the band too. If you have problem with it tell what it is exactly, please? I will try to fix it.

could you upload cab file of ftouchsl here?

Use My New version of ROM. Previous version had a very bad problem with Camera program. I'm making FTouchSL better and better in each release. I will Upload the latest one for you as soon as possible.

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest houssem976

Nice Rom! Does it work on all the operators ? even in tunisia ?

BTW, Can i install a french language Pack ? if yes please tell me how ? and where to find it

Guest Pigot
Nice Rom! Does it work on all the operators ? even in tunisia ?

BTW, Can i install a french language Pack ? if yes please tell me how ? and where to find it

Salut, je suis francophone (français) aussi mais je fais avec les Rom anglophones que l'on trouve ici. Il n'y a apparemment pas de moyen simple de faire basculer le système Windows Mobile d'une langue à l'autre. D'ailleurs lors du lancement de l'i900 le système Windows Mobile 6.1 d'origine était bourré d'erreur. Amitiés, :)

Hi, I'm french, but for two years now, I install english Rom cooked by Modaco members. Anyway, it's easy to use as most keyboards support french specific characters.

Regards, Thierry

Guest Keivan Moradi
what is the difference between 21690 M2D Version 1.2 and 29020 M2D Version 1.2?

pls fast reply...

TY

21690 seems to be more energy efficient than 29020. Also I think it can manage active sync and GPRS/Edge connections better than 29020. But some users report that they have problem with wireless. I use 21690 without any problem on my omnia everyday.

29020 is on the other side.

All these Information are based on the general feeling of people.

What is known is that both of these builds are the latest release from dft. 21690 is used to be developed by HTC. 29020 has unknown origin. 29020 chosen by HTC HD2 users by a ballot of Energy rom users.

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest agoesatoeb
21690 seems to be more energy efficient than 29020. Also I think it can manage active sync and GPRS/Edge connections better than 29020. But some users report that they have problem with wireless. I use 21690 without any problem on my omnia everyday.

29020 is on the other side.

All these Information are based on the general feeling of people.

What is known is that both of these builds are the latest release from dft. 21690 is used to be developed by HTC. 29020 has unknown origin. 29020 chosen by HTC HD2 users by a ballot of Energy rom users.

Keiv, now i use your 21690 version 1.2, it awsome.. no wireless issue again, no error when i want to switch from camera to video recorder.

but i found one problem. in s2u2 and opera mobile 10, i can't slide the screen...

i solve that problem by disabling ftouchsl (turn off), and now everything is oke, thanks for your awsome ROM..

only GPS that i do not try yet, but with your previous ROM, it can work, i think (hope) with this ROM it will work too, unless you modify GPS section of this ROM.

one question again, how long normally omnia battrey life using 21690 with normal use?

PS: thanks for your guide to flash using win7, it helps me a lot cos my notebook already using win7 and i dont have win XP anymore, for samsung driver, my notebook cannot found from driver you attached, it need internet connection to search from online resources (microsoft)automaticaly when i restart my omnia for 1st time. after driver founded, downloaded and installed automatically, i have no problem with next steps. thanks again keivan

Guest Keivan Moradi
Keiv, now i use your 21690 version 1.2, it awsome.. no wireless issue again, no error when i want to switch from camera to video recorder.

but i found one problem. in s2u2 and opera mobile 10, i can't slide the screen...

i solve that problem by disabling ftouchsl (turn off), and now everything is oke, thanks for your awsome ROM..

I hope you continue using it and give me more feedback.

Your FtouchSL Problem: This is not a bug really. It's normal behavior of ftouchsl. I've blacklisted rom programs only . I've denoted this in the note section of the first post. you can add these program to the blacklist of ftouchsl. (ftouchsl -> exceptions -> add program name OR add window title.

only GPS that i do not try yet, but with your previous ROM, it can work, i think (hope) with this ROM it will work too, unless you modify GPS section of this ROM.

I did not modified it.

one question again, how long normally omnia battrey life using 21690 with normal use?

It depends on many different factors:

1. the way you recharge your phone (USB or adaptor),

2. old or new battery

3. how you describe the normal use.

But in my case battery stands a week or more when I do not use the phone at all or 2 or 3 days when I read book or surf the web using gprs/edge internet connection. My device do not become very warm when I use this build.

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest iyancoolbgt

Nice ROM K1, well done :P

there are only 2 problems I have:

1. I have problem with "Connection Setup" at Setting -> Connections, it can't detect my operator connection setting. My location is in Indonesia and I use "3" provider, when it finish configuring, the program seems not detect the setting for my internet connection so I have to configure it manually. FYI I don't have this problem when using OCK ROM which use "Operator Settings" method instead of your ROM "Connection Setup" method. There is "Operator Settings" in your ROM, but it seems not functioning.

Somehow, I prefer "Operator Settings" rather than using "Connection Setup" method.

2. I can't use SEVEN push mail client, it keeps saying "internal error" after I input my phone number, I think it's related to my "Connection Setup" problem. In case you don't know about SEVEN, you can check it out and download here http://community.seven.com/forum/main.php . It's a great software because you can get push mail with multiple email account.

Thanks, I hope you understand my problem.

Thank you K1, your ROM is great overall :rolleyes:

Guest Keivan Moradi

1. I have problem with "Connection Setup" at Setting -> Connections, it can't detect my operator connection setting. My location is in Indonesia and I use "3" provider, when it finish configuring, the program seems not detect the setting for my internet connection so I have to configure it manually. FYI I don't have this problem when using OCK ROM which use "Operator Settings" method instead of your ROM "Connection Setup" method. There is "Operator Settings" in your ROM, but it seems not functioning.

Somehow, I prefer "Operator Settings" rather than using "Connection Setup" method.

2. I can't use SEVEN push mail client, it keeps saying "internal error" after I input my phone number, I think it's related to my "Connection Setup" problem. In case you don't know about SEVEN, you can check it out and download here http://community.seven.com/forum/main.php . It's a great software because you can get push mail with multiple email account.

Thank you for choosing my rom.

There is no way for me to test Operator Settings. Because I don't have access to those operators in my country.

I tried to find an update to the database but I found that I have the most recent version of the Connection Setup program.

Did you try to configure your connection manually? -> if yes does it solve your problems? -> if yes and if you are a technical person you can help me update the database -> look at this post

If you can build a connection database of your area I can cook it into rom to help other Indonesian people.

By the way I'm eager to know your solution "whatever it is".

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest leap_ahead

HTC Connection Setup WQVGA (Dec10).cab

Guest Keivan Moradi

Thanks My Friend. I didn't want to update my rom at least in a mount but you force me to :P .

I'm testing your cab. where did you find that?

update:

I'm still not sure whether it is newer than mine or not. I looked into the cab file. db files are the same as what I cooked into the rom.

I think iyancoolbgt can can test this cab and tell us the answer.

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest leap_ahead
Thanks My Friend. I didn't want to update my rom at least in a mount but you force me to :P .

I'm testing your cab. where did you find that?

update:

I'm still not sure whether it is newer than mine or not. I looked into the cab file. db files are the same as what I cooked into the rom.

I think iyancoolbgt can can test this cab and tell us the answer.

Ock Post

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1126970

Guest agoesatoeb

i have problem with s2u2.

when i have a sms, it can't display sms baloon, i never found this problem with my previous ROM

it display missed call baloon normally..

any solution for this?

Guest Keivan Moradi
i have problem with s2u2.

when i have a sms, it can't display sms baloon, i never found this problem with my previous ROM

it display missed call baloon normally..

any solution for this?

Take a look at Note #6 in the first post. you should add s2u2.exe or any other program that has a build-in touch algorithm in the blacklist of ftouchsl. or disable ftouchsl completely which cause you do not have touch capability in some old programs.

Guest agoesatoeb
Take a look at Note #6 in the first post. you should add s2u2.exe or any other program that has a build-in touch algorithm in the blacklist of ftouchsl. or disable ftouchsl completely which cause you do not have touch capability in some old programs.

not the touch problem, but no indicator shown when i receive a new message

when i had a missed call, it shows a missed call indicator/ballon

Guest lewserkim

i believe ive read this somehwere in this thread but i am having a hard time looking for it. i know you have mentioned how to fix opera mini not being able to scroll down or up. can you do post that again? thanks.

Guest agoesatoeb
i believe ive read this somehwere in this thread but i am having a hard time looking for it. i know you have mentioned how to fix opera mini not being able to scroll down or up. can you do post that again? thanks.

Take a look at Note #6 in the first post

or disable (turn off) ftouchsl.

Guest Keivan Moradi
rom good but i don't like m2d, can you make rom (remove m2d)?

thank!

No. this rom is optimized for M2D. refer to note #2 in the first post. I prefer to focus on M2D. This way I can make more people happy.

There are good normal ROM in this forum. You can use This one for example.

Edited by Keivan Moradi