ZTE Blade - Unresponsive Touchscreen

Guest Irvin_AVFC

Guest Irvin_AVFC

Hi all,

Im having trouble with my blade....every so often when the phone is idle i.e when im in bed, the touchscreen stops working and i cannot unlock my phone

to do anything!! the buttons work fine but the actual touch screen does not respond.

I then have to take out the battery to turn it off! wipe cache/data, etc. backup to the stock ROM and install the custom ROM again for it to work!!

Does anyone have a similar problem or know of any solutions? help is much appreciated!!

P.S Im using Swedish Spring RLS5.

Thanks Irvin

Guest hotwire74

When it happens have you tried twisting the case slightly to see if starts working?

My old Orange San Francisco had this problem where intermittently the touch screen wouldn't respond (I'd tried different ROMS and the issue kept coming back) but twisting the case got it working again everytime. I'd tried loosening the screws and retighting to rule out ribbon cable flex but in the end it drove me so mad I rang Orange and got them to replace it. If it was an early model I read it was down to solder problems where the ribbon connector was attached to the board and it caused the connector to move slightly and stop the touch screen working as a result.

Guest Irvin_AVFC
When it happens have you tried twisting the case slightly to see if starts working?

My old Orange San Francisco had this problem where intermittently the touch screen wouldn't respond (I'd tried different ROMS and the issue kept coming back) but twisting the case got it working again everytime. I'd tried loosening the screws and retighting to rule out ribbon cable flex but in the end it drove me so mad I rang Orange and got them to replace it. If it was an early model I read it was down to solder problems where the ribbon connector was attached to the board and it caused the connector to move slightly and stop the touch screen working as a result.

Thanks mate il give it a go next time it happens, no doubt it'll be in the morning lol.. cheers

Guest Anil k Solanki
Hi all,

Im having trouble with my blade....every so often when the phone is idle i.e when im in bed, the touchscreen stops working and i cannot unlock my phone

to do anything!! the buttons work fine but the actual touch screen does not respond.

I then have to take out the battery to turn it off! wipe cache/data, etc. backup to the stock ROM and install the custom ROM again for it to work!!

Does anyone have a similar problem or know of any solutions? help is much appreciated!!

P.S Im using Swedish Spring RLS5.

Thanks Irvin

Hi Irvin,

Purely out of curiosity how old is your handset? I hope you find a solution to your issue.

Anil.

Guest Irvin_AVFC
Hi Irvin,

Purely out of curiosity how old is your handset? I hope you find a solution to your issue.

Anil.

ive had the phone for around 3 months, brand new from orange my friend.

Edited by Irvin_AVFC

Guest Irvin_AVFC

hi, my blade did it again last night and your advice worked straight away. i may have to get it replaced but thanks for the tip :unsure:

Guest Anil k Solanki
ive had the phone for around 3 months, brand new from orange my friend.

Thanks Irvin,

Not old at all. I hope you get it sorted.

Anil.