HD7 on other networks - and MMS settings

Guest Tech

Guest Tech

Something I had discovered and thought I would share it with you all :P

I've been trying to find a way to send MMS even after the device was configured using the HTC connection app to connect to T-Mobile and get all its settings etc.... but failed to send MMS

So, lets say you have an HD7 (maybe other WP7 devices im not sure) and you have it unlocked (legitimatly!) so you can use a different carrier...

And lets say you wanted to send MMS - you would always get the "can't send message. Try again?" error.

This was because... you MUST connect to the internet (settings > mobile network > data connection > on) before sending the MMS. it then does send!

It's the same with syncing emails when pressing the sync button or access the net.

I guess I am used to earlier WM versions where they would automatically connect to the net and disconnect. But with WP7 you have the power/ability to control when it should connect to the net and disconnect it yourself, so applications don't get that control I guess - especially with MMS in this case. However it would be nice to have a setting where you can select to either auto connect when apps require access to the net or the current default of manual connection before apps use the net.

Thought I would mention this incase if anyone had any issues!

Guest awarner

Another issue I found is if you are connected to a network but without internet access the phone will not return back to your carrier's data and so apps like Market Place etc will fail until you disconnect the WiFi.