[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Johninadelaide1967
Back to the touch sensitivity issues, the issue seems to be mechanical. There seems to be a gap between the front layer of plastic and the digitizer along the top and right sides. You can feel a step on those edges when you rub your nail over it that isn't on the other sides. Also, if you press very hard you can get it to register input right up to the edge as you flex the front plastic into the gap a bit. The end effect is that I need to scrape the screen with my nail to get the notification bar down, rather than just my finger as with most other input.

Still, for $99 who's arguing?

Was there a way to backup all your user settings and passwords from before. I am thinking of rolling back to my previous rom because I can no longer access the android market place and google is useless for retrieving passwords it just keeps going around in circles

Guest forforum
Was there a way to backup all your user settings and passwords from before. I am thinking of rolling back to my previous rom because I can no longer access the android market place and google is useless for retrieving passwords it just keeps going around in circles

Did you install the google apps after flashing? Market is part of the google apps!

Guest Johninadelaide1967
Did you install the google apps after flashing? Market is part of the google apps!

What do you mean Market is already there when you do the 2.2 upgrade...... Market is also already there when you roll back to a previous Rom. There's nothing to install.

What I want to find out is that if I do go back to my old setup can I backup all my passwords and stuff then do the 2.2 upgrade and put all that back

Guest navodroid
I did all that but when I ran the Sales exe it asked for a file called RecordCSV.sdi

Also I can't get FTM mode as I have clockworkmod on there. How do I get rid of that

hey mate did you fix your problem?

if not explain your situation to me so i can help you.

Guest ntonio

These are the steps i performed in case people want it a bit more clear cut..

Device: Optus MyTab (ZTE V9)

- Completed Optus Official 2.2 Upgrade (Optus_V9 Upgrade Tool_30th_April.zip)

- Followed Guide as from V9 Tools File (Flash CM7 to ZTE v9.docx)

Once in the OS itself and the device was working.

- Copied the Google Apps pack(gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip)

- Rebooted into Recovery Mode.

- Then follow the normal steps of Installing a Zip file and choose the Google Apps File.

Files used:

* v9 Tools.zip (and all files inside of location as requested by guide)

* update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-V9-KANG-signed_20110531.zip

* gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

Worked 1st shot, no problems.. Just stick to the above lineup and i cant see any issues from what ive tested :D

Edited by ntonio

Guest neos_83
What do you mean Market is already there when you do the 2.2 upgrade...... Market is also already there when you roll back to a previous Rom. There's nothing to install.

What I want to find out is that if I do go back to my old setup can I backup all my passwords and stuff then do the 2.2 upgrade and put all that back

If your on the cm7 rom you need to install the Google apps package separate. You really should read the very first post of this thread

Guest Johninadelaide1967
hey mate did you fix your problem?

if not explain your situation to me so i can help you.

Good news is that I got 2.2 to work.

Bad news is when I tried to install games I had problems it wouldn't let me install Angry Birds Kept saying "could not install to USB or SD Card" I thought it didn't do that by default

Guest garfin
Link Down for the latest version :P

Mmm... pulled because of violation, yet 0525 still exists .. Ssshhh... ;)

If you need it desperately , i have a copy.. PM me ..

Edited by garfin

Guest synaptic

For those of you who are stuck at the CM7 boot loop, I found over @ whirlpool some working instructions (sorry about external linking, but it's not fair to not give this guy (Nibbler) credit; here), and I found doing the following worked:

(Note: I never tried to flash vanilla/generic firmware, only official Optus)

Boot the device back into FTM mode. Once you get there, run the official Optus updater again and let it run completely and it should wipe it completely.

Go all the way through the instructions to install CM7, but STOP when you have to restart after installing the update.zip. At this point, do the following:

"1. New rom will [now] be installed, and device will remain in recovery

2. Clear caches

- click "Go Back" twice

- select "wipe data/factory reset", and confirm when prompted

- click "advanced"

- click "wipe dalvik cache", and confirm when prompted

- click "fix permissions"

3. Restart

- select "reboot" option."

I found that this let the device boot up into CM7.

Guest matri

Just wondering does this rom support simple2ext? coz I divided an ext3 partition on my sd card, but the settings of simple2ext are still grayed out. Thank you!

Guest neslot

Hi Everyone,

I followed a guide on Whirlpool, which did not say to upgrade to 2.2 before doing anything.

I am now on a constant redirect loop. I tried booting into FTM mode (holding both down and up volume buttons) but I get no notification, just a black screen. I tried running the 2.2 Optus update anyway and I got an error message saying It does not work on post pre paid device, I tried the post paid 2.2 upgrade and funnily enough I got the error saying it doesn't work on post paid!

Is there a way i can flash to 2.2 or 2.1 stock optus using ClockWork Recovery Mod? That's the only solution I can think of.

And yes I wiped data, cleared dalvik cache and fixed permissions before turning on my device. Also tried taking battery in and out but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Johninadelaide1967

I just want to know why some applications will install fine and others just won't..

Some of my old games installed fine in 2.2 but one or two gave problems installing,

I find that hard to believe considering al these tablets are the same there should be no problems like this.

As an example the old game Angry Birds downloads fine, even tries to install but then some stupid error about not being able to install to USB or SD card. Every single time I try. I don't have link2SD or any of those kind of apps either

Guest slapnuts
Hi Everyone,

I followed a guide on Whirlpool, which did not say to upgrade to 2.2 before doing anything.

I am now on a constant redirect loop. I tried booting into FTM mode (holding both down and up volume buttons) but I get no notification, just a black screen. I tried running the 2.2 Optus update anyway and I got an error message saying It does not work on post pre paid device, I tried the post paid 2.2 upgrade and funnily enough I got the error saying it doesn't work on post paid!

Is there a way i can flash to 2.2 or 2.1 stock optus using ClockWork Recovery Mod? That's the only solution I can think of.

And yes I wiped data, cleared dalvik cache and fixed permissions before turning on my device. Also tried taking battery in and out but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1st post, other v9 thread for 2.2 update. follow instructions in post 9

Guest droidmania
Just wondering does this rom support simple2ext? coz I divided an ext3 partition on my sd card, but the settings of simple2ext are still grayed out. Thank you!

I use app2sd darktremor working well

Guest kallt_kaffe

Haven't had time to update this thread for a while but I've updated the first post with the latest build now. Have fun!

Guest kallt_kaffe
Mmm... pulled because of violation, yet 0525 still exists .. Ssshhh... ;)

If you need it desperately , i have a copy.. PM me ..

Appearently Microsoft is causing the trouble...

The file "update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-V9-KANG-signed_20110531.zip" has been suspended

The file update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-V9-KANG-signed_20110531.zip identified by the key (n1k691jkql7pqu9) has been suspended for a reported violation of the DMCA, our Terms of Service, or our Acceptable Use Policy.

The reason for suspension was:

Content belongs to Microsoft.

Information about the party that filed the report:

Company Name: Microsoft LCA World Wide Anti-Piracy Team

Contact Address: One Microsoft Way, Redmond WA 98052

There is also a name, email address and a phone number to the one who reported it.

Now, what Microsoft could possible own in a CyanogenMod build is a mystery to me so I suppose someone just reported the wrong file. I'm not going to do a counter-claim because you should use the 20110606 version anyway. Propably best if someone mirrors it in case the guys a Microsoft party to hard again. I suppose that Linux and Android would be something they wouldn't mind owning though.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest aacheney
Appearently Microsoft is causing the trouble...

There is also a name, email address and a phone number to the one who reported it.

Now, what Microsoft could possible own in a CyanogenMod build is a mystery to me so I suppose someone just reported the wrong file. I'm not going to do a counter-claim because you should use the 20110606 version anyway. Propably best if someone mirrors it in case the guys a Microsoft party to hard again. I suppose that Linux and Android would be something they wouldn't mind owning though.

This might be some interesting reading for you then. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20003602-56.html

aacheney

Guest kallt_kaffe
This might be some interesting reading for you then. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20003602-56.html

aacheney

My guess that the article is about Exchange syncing. HTC has a special package for that and have always had better Exchange compability than vanilla Android. However I doubt Microsoft would handpick some unofficial CyanogenMod builds for that reason.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Anyone tried getting CIFS working? I am looking for a compatible cifs.ko for the overclocked kernel.

cifs.ko needs SLOW_WORK enabled in the kernel so what you should do is contact ZTE and the company that sold you the tablet and demand working kernel sources.

Guest iChopstick

I have successfully flashed cm7, however, when I reboot the device after uninstalling some unneeded app with root explorer, it is now stuck on skateboard logo. I've tried to fix it by flashing the generic 2.2 rom, but it fails, and comes up with something like: The version is not matching,can not use this software! Any ideas?

EDIT: nvm got it back up running ;)

Edited by iChopstick

Guest PainToad
Hi,

Firstly, big thanks to KK and Sebatian amazing work.

I have mytab running the cm7 update from 27/5 and previously 25/5 and also running to OC kernel. It all works amazing.

I was just about to update to the 31/5 update and i was just wondering, since i'm already running cm7 do i still have to clear all data after the update? or does that only apply the first cm7 install?

Thanks,

JPM

Was this ever answered? How do we go from one cm7 version to the next, ie. 31/05 to 06/06? Do we loose any data/settings? Anything?

Also in the 06/06 change log it lists "Backgrounds are now highres"....does this mean the default backgrounds are now in highres or that even custom wallpapers in were being lowered?