StreakDroid v2.0.0 (GingerStreak)

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde

StreakDroid 2.0.0 ( aka GingerStreak ) Release Post

Official StreakDroid Website:StreakDroid.com

A FACTORY RESET WILL BE NEEDED TO ALLOW THIS TO BOOT CORRECTLY DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CHANGES, SO BACKUP IS RECOMMENDED

( Disclaimer : As before, this ROM is heavily updated and still being developed at a fairly rapid pace. Bugs are listed below.)

2.0 > OVERVIEW/SUMMARY OF INSTALLATION PROCESS

1.Download Streakdroid5-2.0.zip from the links below

2.Boot into StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery

3.Select Update from Zip File > Select Zip File From SD Card > StreakDroid5-2.0.zip

4.Wait for installation.

5.First Boot may take longer than a normal boot. Things are being installed, stuff is being generated. Patience.

6.Enjoy.

Most Recent Version: v2.0.0

Known Issues:

Superuser seems to possibly have issues, cant seem to pin it down yet but seems that updating superuser from market helps for some.

GPS and 720p video REQUIRE the engineering baseband and dsp below to be flashed in fastboot.

Graphics performance is not as great as id like, still working on that though

-----------------

Changelogs

-----------------

UPDATE 22/05/2011

Version 2.0.0 AKA GingerStreak

* Based off Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread

* Added basic streakdroid apps

* Added Swype Back

* NO Adv. installer in this build and wont be for release either

* Basic optimizations done, no overclock on kernel as its prebuilt and i dont have a useful source for it

* Video Enabled Google Talk added, works Fairly well but DONT try to switch cameras or it will crash (bug of gtalk not the build)

* Latest 2.3 Google Apps from 07/03/2011

#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/[/code]

[b]also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated [/b]

GBP Donate | USD Donate

Rom Download Links:

Primary Download Site: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/StreakDroid5-2.0.zip

[size=2][b]THIS BASEBAND UPDATE IS REQUIRED FOR GPS AND SOME OTHER THINGS TO FUNCTION PROPERLY[/b][/size]

its an engineering modified baseband that works better for 2.3

Baseband File Download:

Primary Download Site: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/amss.mbn

[b]THIS DSP FILE MUST ALSO BE UPDATED DUE TO CHANGED LIBRARIES IN 2.3[/b]

http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/dsp1.mbn

flash this using the fastboot command fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn

[b][u]Thanks to:[/u][/b]

[b]Everyone for suggesting things they want adding[/b]

ALL the BETA testers who put up with multiple screwed up builds and multiple dell logo freezes to get this working, couldn of done it without you all

everyone else for just jumping in and helping each other, thats the true community sprit that makes me do this sort of dev for android and not some other mobile os.

everyone else who helped/is helping

ALL THE TESTERS DESERVE HUGE THANKS FOR THEIR HELP EVERYONE !!

Certain other people who help me out hacking libs and files together

[b]also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :rolleyes: - any amount is appreciated [/b]

GBP Donate | USD Donate

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest jmhalder

Nice, an hour, and I have to update from beta :rolleyes:

* mirrored in my dropbox

**note, just saw on Twitter that Steve pulled the baseband cause he didn't like the idea of people flashing a "engineering" or unofficial baseband, so at the moment, flashing this is NOT recommended.

*removed, if anyone wants to go against Steves advice, PM me <_<

**You're welcome engadget, I tipped you <5 minutes after the post went up, thats why I posted this picture too, thanks for the mention :P **

post-299443-1306081871_thumb.jpg

Edited by jmhalder

Guest chrisrotolo

thanks so much! my streak's LCD is being repaired by geek squad, cant wait to run this.

does this gingerbread flash new bootloaders?, as I have read in galaxy S forums, if it does, there may be an issue trying to downgrade.

thanks again, excellent job!

Edited by chrisrotolo

Guest jmhalder
thanks so much! my streak's LCD is being repaired by geek squad, cant wait to run this.

does this gingeerbread flash new bootloaders?, as I have read in galaxy S forums, if it does, there may be an issue trying to downgrade.

thansk again, excellent job!

No, not the bootloader, it DOES require that you flash the Baseband (amss) in fastboot, but this can be easily reverted on the streak.

Guest Azurren

Wow thanks for the release!

A couple nooby questions:

Does a nandroid backup also backup Baseband and DSP?

else

Should I make a backup of the original Baseband DSP?

How can I make a backup of the origonal Baseband and DSP?

Would flashing an official Dell Update (2.2.2) restore the Baseband and DSP? (In which case there is no need to backup)

Thanks!

Guest Stephen Hyde

the baseband cant be backed up but the dell pkgs do restore it and we have copys of the basebands for most releses

Guest Azurren
the baseband cant be backed up but the dell pkgs do restore it and we have copys of the basebands for most releses

Thanks, looks like I will be enjoying gingerbread later today

And come monday it will be put trough its paces :P

Guest Be Vigilant

You sir are a legend.

Flashing this badboy as I type this

£20 on its way to you right now. Enjoy it.

PayPal Ref = 2DY25201FU994851K

-----

EDIT

-----

First Thoughts

I get 2 dell small logos during boot 1 ontop of another. It used to be 1 large one. Not an issue boots fine

Scrolling on menus,homescreen is a bit laggy. 100% usable though. Speed seems fine in such things as gallery, go figure

Facebook sync is not working for me.

Awesome first release! I love it.

Edited by Be Vigilant

Guest dairymasta

Just out of curiousity, seeing as you're saying this isn't as speedy as 2.2, gonna completely dump 1.9.1 or still give it a release?

Guest JOBooth

How does HDMI and audio out work from the dock? That was the only thing holding me back before. I use mine quite frequently.

And you, Mr. Steve sir, are indeed a legend. Instead of donating, how about we get an engraved backplate for your Streak? Hehe

Guest Azurren

First impressions:

Handel like my old blade (Usably slow)

Vibrate on capacitive buttons seems hit and miss (Long press home works, others don't vibrate)

Can't get Adobe Flash to work reliably (May need a fresh install from market)

Camera app is fast and responsive (Unlike the 2.2 app)

Gingerbread!

Overall, with some speed tweaks, this will be a great rom!

Guest haynesteve

1st of all, new amss and dsp1 were working on mine with 1.9, so no mega problem going back.

Can't get auto rotate to work (tried switching off and back on again - no go)

When using Quadrant (around 1400) there are no textures on the 3D models ???

Otherwise nice - gallery very fast & smooth

Auto rotate working after switching to ADWlauncher exe

Edited by haynesteve

Guest Deinehoelle
1st of all, new amss and dsp1 were working on mine with 1.9, so no mega problem going back.

Can't get auto rotate to work (tried switching off and back on again - no go)

When using Quadrant (around 1400) there are no textures on the 3D models ???

Otherwise nice - gallery very fast & smooth

I have the same problem no textures are shown in quadrand and 1300 after firmeware reset. Worst thing i could not login to google marked it says i have no connection .screen seems not so smouth is a bit laggy. Else this room looks nice great work steve

Guest mrmrmrmr

Steve !

Finally you did it ! :P

This is real success. Thanks for the community.

I've sent my donation even before downloading this.

I understand that this is using a precompiled kernel. Does that mean we'll not have tunnel module (tun.ko) for this build ?

Do we have any chance ?

p.s: paypal says that the donation was made to : L*ra Rob*s*n

I'd be glad if someone can confirm that it's correct recipient.

Edited by mrmrmrmr

Guest User Error

i hate to say it but steve was right, gb was not worth the wait. it's way slow, no oc, i don't use gb launcher anyway so no real reason to stay with it as that seemed to be the only real change as far as i could tell. i think i will stick with 1.9/oc/perfmod which is super fast and stable.

good work on getting it running steve but performance wise, it's no where near froyo.

Guest mrmrmrmr
i hate to say it but steve was right, gb was not worth the wait. it's way slow, no oc, i don't use gb launcher anyway so no real reason to stay with it as that seemed to be the only real change as far as i could tell. i think i will stick with 1.9/oc/perfmod which is super fast and stable.

good work on getting it running steve but performance wise, it's no where near froyo.

it will be better. we all know Steve and trust in his intelligence.

this is just the beginning.

oh btw, video enabled gtalk and integrated sip client are other good features of gb.

do we have 3g video calling as well ?

Guest User Error
it will be better. we all know Steve and trust in his intelligence.

this is just the beginning.

oh btw, video enabled gtalk and integrated sip client are other good features of gb.

do we have 3g video calling as well ?

oh i have no doubt steve will improve this build, and i will try each new one, and if one works as well/fast as 1.9 then i'll stick with it :P

i don't use gtalk or the sip client either so i'm not too worried about it right now, i just want my streak to be fast and smooth.

Guest jmhalder
I have the same problem no textures are shown in quadrand and 1300 after firmeware reset. Worst thing i could not login to google marked it says i have no connection .screen seems not so smouth is a bit laggy. Else this room looks nice great work steve

Rotation worked at first, seems to work for a set amount of time, then locks in a set orientation, I think the early 2.2 builds had the same problem, nenamark shows textures just fine, even though quadrant doesn't.