Android Launcher 2.3 default?

Guest Asselberghs

Guest Asselberghs

Can Touchwiz be disabled like Sense can on Desire so you can use Android UI for 2.3 "default" (able to switch between Android stock and Touchwiz UI) with no root or something like that required? (my desire was already rooted at that point, so I can´t recall if it is required.

Guest Matchstick
Can Touchwiz be disabled like Sense can on Desire so you can use Android UI for 2.3 "default" (able to switch between Android stock and Touchwiz UI) with no root or something like that required? (my desire was already rooted at that point, so I can´t recall if it is required.

Tthe Default Android Launcher is not included in the SGS2 ROM so you'd need to find a way to install that first.

But If you want to switch to a 3rd party launcher like AWB Launcher or Launcher Pro then you just need to install the program from the market and the phone will ask what you want to set as the default Home the first time you use the Home button. No root required.

After that switching between home/launcher apps is easy, just use something like Home Smack https://market.android.com/details?id=com.t...e=search_result

Guest c0m47053

Someone has posted the Gingerbread default launcher over on XDA, its for the original Galaxy S but seems to work fine on my SII. There is also an APK for the Gingerbread keyboard, but I didn't try that one since I quite like Swype.

Guest Asselberghs

Thanks guys:) You rock:)

I found out my carrier locked me to my current phone, guess I was a little too over eager but oh well now I know what to do when I get my hands on the phone.

Kind Regards

Asselberghs

Guest stoney1973
Thanks guys:) You rock:)

I found out my carrier locked me to my current phone, guess I was a little too over eager but oh well now I know what to do when I get my hands on the phone.

Kind Regards

Asselberghs

If you root your phone, you can unlock it for free thanks to Chainfires app https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.ch...e=search_result

SGS2SIMUnlockCode_v1.0.zip just change from 'zip' to 'apk'.

Edited by stoney1973

• 2 months later...
Guest rferrett

Sim unlocking the SGS2 is ludicrously easy.

In fact I am sure the carriers must be rather cross with Samsung over the design fault! Heh heh heh!