PLEASE POST: Your Sd Card Experiences. (Cards/Build no./)

Guest JudasLucifer

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Right!

I KNOW. There are LOTS of threads about SD cards.]

BUT: We are having a MAJOR ISSUE. Some cards do and do not work on certain blades. And we don't seem to have figured out WHY yet.

So please take a minute to answer these questions so we can build up an idea of what is causing this problem, and what YOU should avoid in future.

1) What cards do and do not work on your phone. (state brand, capacity and if it has one, class)

2) What is your build number/hardware (original build numbers only. Only from your Original stock ROM. I believe a stock ROM flashed again will give false results) (if someone clever knows how to check hardware despite ROMs and Gen upgrades, please tell me how)

Hopefully, if everyone can answer these basic questions, we might be able to piece something together.

I will get the ball rolling:

1) I have had a working Kingston Class 4 8gb micro SD card WORKING in my blade.

2) It is an Oled B08 Device

A note if you are buying - avoid the 16gb Kingston Card - as it does not seem to work across most blades, of many revisions.

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest JT_daniel

1. I have a working Sandisk Class 4 8GB MicroSD card working in my Blade.

2. I've flashed to SS RLS5, sorry. But it's defo a TFT model.

Guest hugobosslives

1) Sandisk Class 4 8GB microsd Working perfect.

2) It was orginally a Black OLED B05 Model

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Thanks for the feedback you two. Already looks like I can tell that card will work independent of your blades build, because @hugbosslive has an early model and @jt_daniel has a later revision.

Please keep posting guys, as you can already see, looks like me MAY have made progress.

Guest punch_t
Right!

I KNOW. There are LOTS of threads about SD cards.]

BUT: We are having a MAJOR ISSUE. Some cards do and do not work on certain blades. And we don't seem to have figured out WHY yet.

So please take a minute to answer these questions so we can build up an idea of what is causing this problem, and what YOU should avoid in future.

1) What cards do and do not work on your phone. (state brand, capacity and if it has one, class)

2) What is your build number/hardware (original build numbers only. Only from your Original stock ROM. I believe a stock ROM flashed again will give false results) (if someone clever knows how to check hardware despite ROMs and Gen upgrades, please tell me how)

Hopefully, if everyone can answer these basic questions, we might be able to piece something together.

I will get the ball rolling:

1) I have had a working Kingston Class 4 8gb micro SD card WORKING in my blade.

2) It is an Oled B08 Device

:P

Hi,

I have a MyMemory 32GB Micro SD (SDHC) Card - Class 4 in my blade and it works perfectly.

When copying lots of data to large micro SD cards i.e. music and video make sure that it has finished copying else it won't be recognised. I use a couple of syncs in linux to do that.

Guest Mushroom_Lord
:P

Hi,

I have a MyMemory 32GB Micro SD (SDHC) Card - Class 4 in my blade and it works perfectly.

When copying lots of data to large micro SD cards i.e. music and video make sure that it has finished copying else it won't be recognised. I use a couple of syncs in linux to do that.

Do you know your blades hardware? If not even screen type would be useful. Just stating what cards do and do not work will not really get us anywhere :rolleyes:

Guest Liesse

1) 16GB class 4 Sandisk from Amazon.co.uk works well

A class 6 4 GB Transcend I have made in Taiwan does not work.

2) Not sure what build I have, sorry. Its an LCD one bought in April

Hope that helps a bit.

[Edit] Mine's a class 4 from Play not Amazon. Oops.

Edited by Liesse

Guest Mushroom_Lord
1) 16GB class 4 Sandisk from Amazon.co.uk works well

A class 6 4 GB Transcend I have made in Taiwan does not work.

2) Not sure what build I have, sorry. Its an LCD one bought in April

Hope that helps a bit.

If you Haven't custom Rom'd then look in settings>about phone, and tell us the last three characters of your build model/number

Guest Sanddancer75

I've got a 16GB class 4 Sandisk in my OLED Blade. I don't know the build number, but it was bought around October/November last year if that's any help.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

And once again: it looks like the 16gb Class 4 cards work across most models! :P

But now I think it is just co - incidence :L

Guest Liesse
If you Haven't custom Rom'd then look in settings>about phone, and tell us the last three characters of your build model/number

I'm on a custom Rom, sadly. Wish I'd thought to check before installing it, but its perhaps the only problem with going custom I've found so far.

Guest Psyloid

I have a sandisk 16GB ULTRA

works with all mods i tried (SS5, CM7, Modaco r12)

TFT, build unknown

Edited by Psyloid

Guest Mushroom_Lord
I have a sandisk 16GB ULTRA

works with all mods i tried (SS5, CM7, Modaco r12)

And do you know anything about your hardware? eg b05, b08, b10,

at least your screen type? (oled/tft)

Guest ThrashMan

You're wasting your time...some 16GB cards work in some Blades and not others. It's down to he phone you have as much as the card you buy.

Guest Mushroom_Lord
You're wasting your time...some 16GB cards work in some Blades and not others. It's down to he phone you have as much as the card you buy.

Erm. isnt that what we are doing here?

We are basically listing out which cards work with different hardware revisions of blades. And then we should be able to get a better idea of what works with what, rather than like in other threads, when most people just say this card works/this card doesnt work, without providing any other info. Which is of little help at all.

Here we are trying to gather build information aswell, in hope of sorting this thing out - so there is, at the very least, a higher chance of being able to recommend a working card to those looking for an upgrade.

Guest shadowninty

Mushroom Lord, its a kernel source issue for MSM7227

LG fixed it on the Optimus One

All SDs work in ClockworkMld Recovery too

Deffo kernel issue

Guest irishpancake
Mushroom Lord, its a kernel source issue for MSM7227

LG fixed it on the Optimus One

All SDs work in ClockworkMld Recovery too

Deffo kernel issue

now, that is a really good pointer as to what is the prob......fair play, well spotted, sn

should be definitive, methinks....

Edited by irishpancake

Guest Roph

I appreciate your effort here mushroom lord, but "Kingston 4GB blah blah" won't always be the same from batch to batch. Memory cards are made in the same way that computer power supplies are. You go to an online computer store and you'll see hundreds of PSU "manufacturers", but in reality there are only like 6 of them, which contract out.

I could have a Kingmax 16GB Class 4 that was fabbed by Toshiba, and you could have a Kingmax 16GB Class 4 that was fabbed by Samsung.

Guest ThrashMan
Erm. isnt that what we are doing here?

We are basically listing out which cards work with different hardware revisions of blades. And then we should be able to get a better idea of what works with what, rather than like in other threads, when most people just say this card works/this card doesnt work, without providing any other info. Which is of little help at all.

Here we are trying to gather build information aswell, in hope of sorting this thing out - so there is, at the very least, a higher chance of being able to recommend a working card to those looking for an upgrade.

True enough and you may find a pattern.

3 of us where I work all purchased Blades (OSF) during a 1 week period. They are all B08.

Between us we already had 2 x 16GB mSD and an 8GB mSD card.

Man #1 inserted his 8GB mSD card into his new OSF and it worked....so he was happy.

Man #2 inserted his 16GB mSD card and it worked in his new OSF, he too was happy.

But when I inserted my 16GB mSD card into my new OSF......it kept remounting it and I was not happy :P

Man #2 and I swapped 16GB mSD cards and they both worked in our respective phones......we were both happy and danced 'till dawn.

I have no idea why the mSDcards/phones combinations are so unpredictable.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

So then there are multiple issues.

The cards themselves, as Roph said.

And our kernel, as Shadowminty said.

I know that cards are the same, but the chances are there may be a loose trend as to which cards work with what. Its worth a try, anyhow.

And if the cards work in clockwork, then would if be at all possible to translate that over to our ROM - or am I dreaming? :P

well, I suppose we would have to ask a dev very nicely to look into the kernel side of things for us.

But there is still no harm in posting working/non working cards with different hardware, even if it is in vain.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I have just mailed ZTE asking for any SD cards that the Blade supports.

I wonder if their reply will be of any use...

I would pester Orange aswell: Their site says it supports up to 32gb :P but they require your number before you can email them - and I don't want the, pestering me!

Guest nikonboy

Hi,

I have a 16gb class 4 Sandisk card working perfectly in a TFT screened blade running CM7 (no build number but phone bought in January 2011)

Cheers

Guest Jekle

Saying your Orginal Stock ROM Build No. Isn't really a way of identifiying which Blade has the problem or not, Try a 2.2 Stock ROM with a the stock Kernel, all ZTE 2.2 releases after the B13 Softbank rom as the kernel source is based on B13 and the later releases are using a newer source code it's not a hardware issue it's ZTE not giving us the badword new source code, but ZTE are supposing to be evaluating 2.3 for the Orange SF and bringing it to the SF in Q2. Try using the Stock Comviq Kernel with SS RLS5 and see if your still getting a SD Card troubles.