[ROM] [18-06] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.7 Froyo! - ON THE ROAD TO REVOLUTION

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Jinxz

I can't seem to get any network!!

It worked fine until I changed theme, now I just wont get any signal and when I try connecting manually it says that it can't register.

I might have missclicked on some button on the gray window coming up sometimes when you start the phone where it asks you to enter sim unlock something, might that be the problem?

I'm using bb67 with latest march kernel and it did work for a while

Edited by Jinxz

Guest SourceCode
Weird!!.. Which Baseband you have?

bb .67

Don't think its the bb though... as I flashed Trip's 1.0.9 and it all works like a charm.

Thanks.

Edited by SourceCode

Guest alien1981
[Looks like i have the oldest account here...

joined this forum 3 years ago when i had an windows mobile LOL

<---htc p3300 i miss that mobile]

Same here :D i had a spv

I'm still a real newbie but this rom is sweet !! I love the miui styles etc.

gonna try bb 67 now see how that goes.

Thx for the hard work Trip

PS.Is anybody else having probs with overheating their devices ??

Edited by alien1981

Guest Albuster
I'm still on BB 49 ..

Battery: Before last charge: 2 Days 18 Hours (normal usage - SMS, WiFi, Calls, 3G on - except when i was sleeping, music, youtube, ...)

Since last charge: Currently 1 Day 15 Hours up - still 52% remaining ...

I like :D

EDIT:\\ TripNMiUi 1.4.0 btw ...

i got a question for ya

bb67 with latest kernel 12? or what are you using.

I left my phone over night with 30% battery, only with gsm on, no wifi, no 3g, no bt, no nothing an in the morning, after 8 hours of sleep, was off.

I am on stock kernel and bb 67.

I realy wanna know because i love trip's rom but with that battery drain i can't use it, is going down too fast.

Thanx, I appriciate it

Edited by Albuster

Guest laill

@Trip

It would be good to mod the rom so that new xRec can be used for next version

1.5.5 will get system not responding :D

cheers,

L

Guest jonnybx10
@Trip

It would be good to mod the rom so that new xRec can be used for next version

1.5.5 will get system not responding :D

cheers,

L

Dont use v1 xrec.. 0.3 is good enough for what we need at the moment :D

Was there not a thread telling us of this problem anyways?

Regards

J

Guest theddy

i got a question for ya

bb67 with latest kernel 12? or what are you using.

I left my phone over night with 30% battery, only with gsm on, no wifi, no 3g, no bt, no nothing an in the morning, after 8 hours of sleep, was off.

I am on stock kernel and bb 67.

I realy wanna know because i love trip's rom but with that battery drain i can't use it, is going down too fast.

Thanx, I appriciate it

I'm not martlAUT, but I'm using BB67 with BB65 Kernel with TripNMiUI 1.5.5 and i have lost 15% in 20 hours.

Make sure your device get's into Deep Sleep (CPU Spy) and check the battery consumption (what apps used the most battery) or post a screenshot from the battery-graphing-thingy..

Or try different BB & Kernel combinations.

Guest PlayGunsta

The website is done, I made a new subdomain so the old link won't work anymore. Forum is not final because, I need a better logo, new moderators (sorry but I lost my pm's) and more... I'm also open for suggestions, because I'm actually not happy with all forum categories. You can register @ http://www.xperiax10.dutchfightingfactory.nl/register.php

Guest BuglyAstard

Those of you recommending a fresh install of SE firmware, are you talking about 1.6? or 2.1? My x10 came with 1.6. Do you mean use the repair in SEUS? Ive done a fresh install before of both 1.6 and 2.1, not sure why its needed before installing this rom, or any rom for that matter. I would think all the wiping of data with xrecovery we do before flashing would have us covered.

The rom is working great but my battery is draining a bit fast thats why I was looking for solutions, and Im reading some of you getting over a day on battery. Is 1.5.5 the best one yet or is an older version better for battery life? or better in general?

1.5.5 .67 bb 65 kernel.

Guest tophergrace
bb .67

Don't think its the bb though... as I flashed Trip's 1.0.9 and it all works like a charm.

Thanks.

Maybe not the BB... Im running the 1.5.5 version of this ROM. I hope Trip will release an update soon. It might solve the issue.

Guest RabetiOnline
Does this ROM work with bb49/52?

I want use this as Custom ROM in Dualboot because dualboot is compatible with 49/52.

Guest ArcherFasting

I Hope all is well with you Trip!!

Just installed this on .67 that came with the update and so far so good. Will report anything new that was not mentioned if experienced. You are the man maan! : )

I'm having an issue with my SD card. I must have missed something. The phone is not reading it/blank SD card. I made 2 partitions both primary one FAT32 the other ext2. The SD has Data on it and I was able to flash from SD using Xrec.

I wanna be able to use linktosd and apptosd. Can anyone advise please? TIA

Guest SourceCode

@Trip - Any chance you'll be looking into the bluetooth issue with TripNMiUI 1.5.5? Basically the phone freezes/reboots when pairing with a Bluetooth Headset.

Bluetooth pairing with PC was OK though.

No rush, just when you get around to it. I also understand it may be difficult for you to test it, as you may not have a bluetooth headset (or a similar one). I am using the Sony MW600.

Just FYI - I tested 1.5.0 and that has the same problem. However this problem is not there on TripNMiUI 1.0.9, so temporarily I am using that one.

Thank as always mate :D

Guest SourceCode
how can use bb67 with bb65 kernal(FW AT&T kernal)????

Search on page 42, I think someone has posted a bundled package (bb.67 + bb.65 kernel). Hope that helps.

Guest TripNRaVeR

I posted a custom baseband package in the OP, it is HIGHLY advised to use it on this rom!!! Cant confirm that it works on another rom, didnt test this tough. So please flash this package before you install the latest version. Other versions are out of support. Before you mention bugs make sure to atleast have tried the rom with that baseband package. Just to make sure the bug you found is rom related and not baseband / kernel.

As a reminder custom kernels still not supported.

Guest ifellasleep

two questions: I previously was using 1.5.5 and two problems

1. I wasnt receiving text messages anymore, I can send them but people were telling me I couldnt be reached. I was using stock mesaging app and everything

2. when using miui music player playing podcast just stopped unexpectedly.. I tried three different podcast.

please advise I heard the problem doesnt happen in cm7 because it was fixed does anyone else have this problem

Guest highaltitude
The website is done, I made a new subdomain so the old link won't work anymore. Forum is not final because, I need a better logo, new moderators (sorry but I lost my pm's) and more... I'm also open for suggestions, because I'm actually not happy with all forum categories. You can register @ http://www.xperiax10.dutchfightingfactory.nl/register.php

Just registered! :D

Has anyone tried .65 BB for this 1.5.6 ROM yet?

Guest ifellasleep

the custom kernel do I flash that with flashtools or xrecovery? if its flash tools I cant find the tft file

please advise

Guest TripNRaVeR
the custom kernel do I flash that with flashtools or xrecovery? if its flash tools I cant find the tft file

please advise

custom kernel?

I hope you mean bb package. If you download it and extract it to a folder you'll that hase flashtool included. Just start flashtool select TripNBB and you can flash.

Guest BuglyAstard
I Hope all is well with you Trip!!

Just installed this on .67 that came with the update and so far so good. Will report anything new that was not mentioned if experienced. You are the man maan! : )

I'm having an issue with my SD card. I must have missed something. The phone is not reading it/blank SD card. I made 2 partitions both primary one FAT32 the other ext2. The SD has Data on it and I was able to flash from SD using Xrec.

I wanna be able to use linktosd and apptosd. Can anyone advise please? TIA

No expert here, but Ive never had a froyo rom work with a partitioned card. I used ewjet 2.1 and tried a few froyo roms and they either could not read the card or installed the rom on the wrong partition. Im about ready to install 1.5.6, had very few little probs with 1.5.5 mainly miui backup freezing and bluetooth transfers being a headache, but Im not sure about the other froyo cam being integrated into this I thought it was too buggy. soon to find out!

Guest Neel007

nice work..... registered....

Guest Neel007

Hi Trip,

can u add in your OP which version of MIUI is used in this ROM as you have mentioned in GB rom????

Edited by Neel007

Guest ifellasleep
custom kernel?

I hope you mean bb package. If you download it and extract it to a folder you'll that hase flashtool included. Just start flashtool select TripNBB and you can flash.

I found the trip folder but i cant find the flashtool u installed. i tried to copy/paste the tripbb folder to my already installed flash tools but didnt see anything in the firmwares folder.