☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest siggey

[quote name='TK101'i just wonder if someone knows a replacement app for the original contact-app (wich used to show all contacts with option to group them to sim/google).

Guest crazycage

Thanks for the great ROM, fast and smooth!

Has anyone figured out a way to make the status/notification bar (top bar specifically) transparent on 2.3.5?? I have seen a patch for 2.3.3 but I tried and it crashed the statusbar completely and I had to reflash to get it back.

None of the themes I tried made the top bar transparent either.

sad.gif

Guest fear_factory84

I should be more visible that the new 1.7.2 liquidnext release needs the steps listed on wiki to run well on our A1 with 256mb ram....

Today I did it, and the phone seems to run better.

I also enabled 32mb of swap on sd, disabled dithering and allow reclaim assets enabled on cyanogenmod performance settings.

Any other advice to tune liquidnext on a1?

It would be nice if liquid next parts service would require less ram (now 12-15 mb). Perhaps a separate light service could be good.

Guest flasherPSM

LN keeps randomly forgetting certain settings like background data and if USB debugging is enabled of disabled.

Also sometimes I have to manually connect to my remembered WIFI.

Guest flasherPSM

LN keeps randomly forgetting certain settings like background data and if USB debugging is enabled of disabled.

Also sometimes I have to manually connect to my remembered WIFI.

Forgot this: When using apps like angry birds or fpse, there's some sort of static noise that stays at the same volume, even if you lower the phone volume.

Guest daimadoshi85

Hi all! I have one problem with LN, I cannot read logcat since I installed it. When I attach my liquid to my pc I only receive this line

??-?? ??:??:??.???: INFO/<unknown>(<unknown>): logcat read: Invalid argument

Please, help me because I really need to read logs!

flashed it on bin 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_256_bin for the want of a good cm...but stuck on boot screen animation

any ideas?

Do you have plugged in the usb cable?

I had that problem.

Disconnect the cable and pull out the battery and restart...

Guest Nighthawk McKenzie

Choosing "phone only" would do the trick (at least as a workaround) ... is there any (hidden) option to group contacts now?

Previously i could group google-contacts and sim-contacts (sim-contacts were shown at the end of the list then).

background information is: the sim is used in 2 phones (one of them is not an android device) and so i would like to have the contacts updated on my sim (wich ist not the case if they are imported in my android).

i just wonder if someone knows a replacement app for the original contact-app (wich used to show all contacts with option to group them to sim/google).

or maybe that can be considered in the next update? would be great :)

If you go to the stock Contacts App and press Menu, Display Options you should be able to 'flip on' your SIM contacts ( I don't use the Sim card for this so my SIM options aren't showing). However, Grouping them may require the use of a third party app like DWContacts or something. When adding a new contact however, you can add directly to your SIM card (I would assume)

I wouldn't expect this in future updates because using a SIM card for carrying contact info seems to be going the way of the 1.44MB floppy disk.

Guest kliquitS100

hey folks,

yesterday, i flashed my liquid for the first time. i've never had a custom rom before. i flashed liquidnext 1.7.0 then 1,7.1 and 1.7.2. everything went well so far. the system works fast and smooth, the battery drain is good and i'm almost completely satisfied.

but there is this annoying thing. every time i'm calling someone the the phone vibrates. same thing when the person answers my call or hangs up. that's totally annoying.

in the menu --> call settings i unchecked

[ ] vibrate on answer

[ ] vibrate every 45 seconds

[ ] vibrate on hangup

[ ] vibrate call waiting.

the phone still vibrates. is there any fix? or any option in the menu i didn't see?

thanks in advance

kev

If you go to the stock Contacts App and press Menu, Display Options you should be able to 'flip on' your SIM contacts ( I don't use the Sim card for this so my SIM options aren't showing). However, Grouping them may require the use of a third party app like DWContacts or something. When adding a new contact however, you can add directly to your SIM card (I would assume)

I wouldn't expect this in future updates because using a SIM card for carrying contact info seems to be going the way of the 1.44MB floppy disk.

Ty. I am using LN 1.7.2 atm, so going to the stock app is not an option right now ... but i know what you mean.

and this leads me to another idea: is it possible to "extract" the stock contact app and install it on LN 1.7.2?

maybe that would already solve my "problem" :-)

anybody here with a stock rom installed who could probably do that? of course i could go back to stock rom ... but then i would still not know how to do that - beside not knowing if it would make any sense at all :)

Guest AcerFerrari

It is perfect at 1.4x, and just now I flashed 1.7.1 and I immediately discovered that it becomes extremely laggy. For example, when I use Regina Launcher it lags pretty serious. But that doesn't appear at 1.4x at all! Also if i open another app when I am listening to music , my phone freezes and my earphone produce 'NgNgNg' sounds. This is terrible! It doesn't exist on any other rom, even LN1.5!!!

i am using LN 1.7.2, and my battery drains fast, is there any solution??

Try this:

when ur phone is running, connect it to the power supply (or pc via USB) to load it.

when its fully loaded unplug the cable and then turn off the phone (just turn it off AFTER the cable is unplugged)

when the phone is off, plug the cable again, phone will start loading again. wait until the led does stop flashing (it will be on permanently then).

after this unplug the phone again and start in recovery mode (malez recovery is installed i guess?)

go to the wipe menu and choose "battery wipe" -> do it.

now restart the phone. battery drain should be better now - at least that helped for me (though battery drain could still be better, but now my phone is up for about 2 days before it needs charging again - was half before i did the above thingy).

hope that helps ^^

Edited by TK101

Guest Liqushi

This ROM is great but there are some "bugs " which annoys me.

The battery drain is high when using wireless connection (data conn included) . If you left the phonr in standby battery lasts over two days, so it's good I ll try the battery calibration method explained by suxem.

the app music stutters sometimes (now i ve solved using Miui player) and i can't play HQ videos in YouTube. Or better to refresh the image you have to tap to pause then tap to play and the image is reflashed but the issue remains. I've already notified this problems on the official bug tracker.

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk