MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

Orange Barcelona

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

ewwwwwww

Posted · Report post

ewwwwwww

Posted · Report post

Yucky, 2.6 Inch screen.

Posted · Report post

Anyone know what it actually is? Most likely another ZTE or Huawei?

Posted · Report post

I don't think that is any of ZTE's recently announced devices....

And still no sign of that penguin shaped phone...

Posted · Report post

It's a Huawei Boulder. 528MHz MSM7227 CPU ;)

Posted · Report post

Its looks quite interesting to me. I have a Nokia e71 as a backup to my Blade.

Unfortunately, I don't think battery life will be much good and the display isn't much bigger than my e71.

Posted · Report post

Why's this in the ZTE Blade forum?

Posted · Report post

There's a typically unenlightening bit on Techradar about this hunkajunk, which is described as being "like a budget BlackBerry Bold 9900". Cos we needed one of those

I guess it's good if you like buttons

I find it odd how carriers brand phones as being related, when actually they're made by wholly different (competing) companies (albeit, both owned in large part by the Chinese Government)

Posted · Report post

Moving this to Other Devices forum

Posted · Report post

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/barcelona-from-orange

It is running froyo, 3.2 megapixel camera, a 2.6" screen and a full QWERTY keyboard.

Another link here: http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/603417

very nice looking , is it made by zte ? any idea if orange have got the zte skate yet ? and named it ?

Posted · Report post

Too much like a blackberry for me, prefer the big touch screens.

Isn't that the point?, some folks hate touch screens, this would be perfect for my sister in law. She prefers real keyboards & compact handsets.

The only question I have is, will I eventually be able to replace the ROM with a stock one? I hope so.

Anil

Posted · Report post

Phone will be £119.99 on Orange pay as you go with a mandatory £20 top up, bringing the total cost to £139.99. The phone will also be available on contracts starting from £15 a month.

Phone is made by Huawei, not ZTE.

Posted · Report post

Phone will be £119.99 on Orange pay as you go with a mandatory £20 top up, bringing the total cost to £139.99. The phone will also be available on contracts starting from £15 a month.

Wow, what are they thinking? How could this possibly compete with their own san francisco?

You may as well get the Rio (£20) or Rio II (£70).

Posted · Report post

Is anyone, when this has launched getting CWM and a de-branded ROM to go on this? I suspect this is easy to do, Is the bootloader unlockable?

Posted · Report post

saw this at the weekend in the Orange Store in Canary Wharf. Was a bit cheaper than expected £99.99 for the handset excluding the £10 top-up.

going to get it in a few days time i think.

Posted · Report post

saw this at the weekend in the Orange Store in Canary Wharf. Was a bit cheaper than expected £99.99 for the handset excluding the £10 top-up.

going to get it in a few days time i think.

Yeah, Just seen on the Orange Website it's Now Available It's a shame that it has an 528MHz Processor but the QVGA Resolution should level it out against to a 600MHz WVGA ZTE Blade as the lower res should make it easier on the CPU.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Key highlights of the Huawei Boulder

* Android 2.2 Froyo

* Qualcomm MSM7225-1 528Mhz processor

* 256MB RAM, 512MB ROM internal memory

* Up to 32GB microSD (external)

* Wi-Fi 801.11b/g/n

* 2.6-inch TFT-LCD capacitive touchscreen / 320 x 240 pixels

* 3.2-megapixel camera

* Google Mobile Suite

* A-GPS with Digital Compass

* G-sensor

* 1200mAh battery

* 122g

* 115 x 62.8 x 9.9mm

and

During the Media Q&A, the Huawei spokesperson misunderstood an earlier question about the upgrade of OS to Android 2.3. The Huawei Boulder is not upgradable to Android 2.3.

from here. http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/product-guide/view/180293

Yeah, Just seen on the Orange Website it's Now Available It's a shame that it has an 528MHz Processor but the QVGA Resolution should level it out against to a 600MHz WVGA ZTE Blade as the lower res should make it easier on the CPU.

it's not the cpu or screen that will slow it down, it's the 256mb ram that will bottle neck the device

Edited by hecatae

Posted (edited) · Report post

and

from here. http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/product-guide/view/180293

it's not the cpu or screen that will slow it down, it's the 256mb ram that will bottle neck the device

I'm sure something can be done to optimize the RAM, A de-branded ROM Will go down nicely. I have a Galaxy Ace and it has 384MB of RAM 278MB of which useable and I sometimes get crashes. I Think it's down to the low RAM. I don't know how 256MB is gunna go down ewwww

Orange Stockholm is the Same specs 528MHz and 256mb RAM

Edited by Jekle

Posted · Report post

Had a play with one of these in an Orange store today and am thinking of getting one off the Orange website on PAYG with £12.50 Quidco cashback to cover the cost of the mandatory £10 top-up. Does anyone have any links to places which will supply a reliable unlocking code for this Huawei U8350?

Firmware for it appears to be here