Battery Life

Guest theeskimo

Guest theeskimo

So on gingerbread the battery life is hardly lasting a couple of hours with WiFi on, let alone 16.

How well is battery life faring for everyone else?

Guest Qwertymon
So on gingerbread the battery life is hardly lasting a couple of hours with WiFi on, let alone 16.

How well is battery life faring for everyone else?

you running cm7? I get about 6 hours of film watching, 4 hours of gaming and 8 hours reading. Frankly thats better then I was expecting when I first bought my vega in november

Guest mxbob
I'm running modaco's, you think that's the problem?

have you done a battery stat reset since flashing the rom?

battery stats seem to get confused when flashing roms

can lead to the battery draining far quicker than it should

charge it to full

reset the battery stats (do it in clockwork mod)

let the device run out completely

recharge to full

see if that helps

I get pretty much the same batterylife Qwertymon states regardless of which rom I run

Guest diamondgar
I'm running modaco's, you think that's the problem?

Modaco custom is Froyo, not gingerbread i believe.

It definitely sounds like something is wrong if your only getting a couple of hours, i got very good life on 2.2 roms and still get decent on cm7. Not 16hours if your using media etc but good. Sounds like you might have a rogue app.

Try installing a clean rom (i'd recommend corvus5 or CM7 over modaco rom) without any apps and see what life you get. Then after reinstalling apps you will know if its app related. Alternatively download an app off the market for tracking battery use such as powertutor and see if you can work out what is drawign power.

Guest ju88a

good thread will be interesting to see the different results from various users and roms.

For me I have been changing ROMS a lot testing out the good the bad and the hairy lol. So it has varied but I would say between 6-8 hours of continuos use with Wifi on.

Guest wi-fli

The 16hr claim was only for playing music with the screen OFF (a pretty unlikely usage case, I suspect ).

The battery level meter is totally useless in my experience .

I think the Advent claim for video watching was 6.5hrs. I reliably get over 7 hrs, with brightness middle-ish and sound thro headphones so I think it's right on the money.

I'm running modaco r8

You have to remember it eats battery at circa 1%/hr on standby as well tho...

Cheers

Guest dbaseii

I am using corus5.

Today I am down to 4% after 43 minutes.

battery stats say the top user is the display followed by wifi followed by idle device

Whats going on?

Guest premieral

L l

I am using corus5.

battery stats say the top user is the display followed by wifi followed by idle device

Whats going on?

What brightness level are you on

Guest jonn sz
I am using corus5.

Whats going on?

Was this from freshly charged? or, was it that the battery indicator wasn't updating and had been on standby?

If freshly charged, would suggest a reflash, but more likely a wonkoid battery.

Guest dbaseii
Was this from freshly charged? or, was it that the battery indicator wasn't updating and had been on standby?

If freshly charged, would suggest a reflash, but more likely a wonkoid battery.

Going to shutdown and leave to charge overnight. See if that fixes the problem

Guest Qwirtle

I'm getting about 6 hours or so on mine.

Running Corvus5, brightness down at around 30%, a few casual games, web browsing, BBC iplayer.

Guest theeskimo

okay guys. I've got my vega back now because my (A level) exams are over Hooray!!!!

Anyway I've put vegacomb on.

Gonna see how long the battery lasts tomorrow and post my findings. Thanks for all the feedback X