CM7, Vegacomb, Corvus5, Modaco rom

Guest lambrettalad

Guest lambrettalad

Hi there,

I didnt think I should keep post into the rom threads and making the already massive threads even longer (vegacomb 80+ pages)

Also as I am refering to other roms I didnt want to muddy the waters by asking questions about different roms in a particular rom thread and taking it off subject.

Anyway....

Originally I was running Modaco rom and with the aid of scripts was using my external HDD but with the new roms out decided to flash to Corvus5.

I am now running Corvus5 and to be honest have no problems with it, its a cracking rom.

I decided to have go with Vegacomb 1.6 and apart from not stop force closes on the first try the second try worked and everything seemed to be OK, the problem happened with my external HDD. The drive is recognised but the folders are showing as 0.00kb and are greyed out and when selected the Vega responds that the folder does not exist. Shame as this is a beautiful looking rom and is really smooth. Odd that the Vega sees the folders but doesnt recognise that there is contents in them.

After a bit of advice I decided to give CM7 a try, this rom also looked excellent but my exteral HDD drive isnt even recognised so I flashed back to Corvus5.

I am at a loss as to what to try next, I would like to run the Vegacomb rom but am not sure what the issue with the HDD is.

The HDD is 250gb seagate goflex and is formatted fat32, my usb pens are recognised on all roms no problems.

Any ideas anyone :)

Guest lambrettalad

no one has any idea about this? B)

If no one has solution does anyone know what I should be looking for or where to start looking to solve this myself :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MikhailM
no one has any idea about this? :rolleyes:

If no one has solution does anyone know what I should be looking for or where to start looking to solve this myself :)

Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to your problem. I think the reason you had no responses, is that no one has read your post as they did not pick up your new thread. You should have perhaps entitled it "Vegacomb 1.6 - HDD problems".

MikhailM.

Guest geeky

You could try making a smaller partition on your external hdd say 8gb or something just to see if its drive size related in the Rome or your actual hdd. You clearly have USB working and fat is supported by all roms so shouldn't be that. Can you try creating folders as well? Might start to give clues as to what is happening?

Other things you could try is a su mount or ls so you can see if the drive is being mounted as read-only?

Just some thoughts

Guest geeky
guys just want to ask question where can i get CWM for vega... and how will i install it? thanks

Have a look in the sticky threads here or on xda developers. For future reference you really should search simple things like this.

Guest ptbw

I decided to have go with Vegacomb 1.6 and apart from not stop force closes on the first try the second try worked and everything seemed to be OK, the problem happened with my external HDD. The drive is recognised but the folders are showing as 0.00kb and are greyed out and when selected the Vega responds that the folder does not exist.

Hi,

You say the folders are greyed out, what app are you using to view them with? Also as suggested in another post I would try and view the mount locations in a terminal or using adb shell via wifi and see if the are accessible. Being greyed out might mean some sort of permissions issue?? But you also say usb thumb drives are ok and if both are FAT32 then I would expect them to behave the same.

HTH

Guest lambrettalad

I made a mistake in my original post, my hdd is formatted ntfs not fat32. I am wondering if vegacomb CM7 are not compatible with ntfs drives. I may try reformatting the drive as fat32 when I get chance.

Guest HypoTurtle
I made a mistake in my original post, my hdd is formatted ntfs not fat32. I am wondering if vegacomb CM7 are not compatible with ntfs drives. I may try reformatting the drive as fat32 when I get chance.

Before you do that download drive mount and see if you can do anything with that

Guest ptbw

That would do it :blink:

Corvus roms have an updated vold ( automounter ) filesystem table, that auto mounts NTFS drives and the kernel modules to support it. Bit surprised that Vegacomb does not have it, pretty sure it has the module support.

A while back someone wrote some scripts to simplify the process of manually mounting other format drives but you do need the support in the rom for the filesystems. I had a go writing an app to do the same ( see the codespace link in my sig ) but when Corvus added auto mounting it was less useful.

HTH

Edit: This link - http://code.google.com/p/ptbw-codespace/ and look for USB manager.

Edited by ptbw