Work out a ZTE Vanilla Gingerbread leak out version[Kernel 2.6.35]

Guest burstlam

Guest DonJamal
this kernel isn't overclockable ? did you try nofrills cpu control or others?

is this better than what you previously had?

with setcpu i cant overclock

Guest Len Ash
I'm seeing ro.secure=0 and adb remount working in the slim/lite version.

Hmmm... you're right, Win 7 needed to re-install a later ZTE driver. Odd.

Thanks

Guest whatcolour

Hope the new EGL libs will come good. Menu scrolling speed in this leaked rom is on par with 2.2 -- only thing laggy in CM7 imo

Guest mELIANTE
Hope the new EGL libs will come good. Menu scrolling speed in this leaked rom is on par with 2.2 -- only thing laggy in CM7 imo

That's what leaves me sad with CM7 right now^^

Guest k0zmic

That sounds promising, I agree the scrolling is a tad bit slow in CM7.

Guest EarL007
how can i replace the apn list from cm7 to get the 3g work? :)

replace this ROM's apns-conf.xml file, with the CM7's, it can be found in the ROM zip, /system/etc

Guest Len Ash
how can i replace the apn list from cm7 to get the 3g work? :)

Copy in to ROM and reflash without wiping, or ADB push to /system/etc and reboot

(Not getting GPS btw...)

Edited by Len Ash

Guest liamdunn

Tell me if im wrong because i just might be but does this mean now that we can get a vanilla Gingerbread rom or close to because i'm sick to death of seeing new roms based on CM7, this is why i've stuck with Swedish Spring because its simple and what i need i dont want 10,000 options to change a font colour or something daft like that, i mean no offense to CM or anything like that but it seems like everyone now builds roms automatically thinks that everyone wants a rom with CM in it.

Sorry guys just bugs the hell outta me

Guest hecatae
Tell me if im wrong because i just might be but does this mean now that we can get a vanilla Gingerbread rom or close to because i'm sick to death of seeing new roms based on CM7, this is why i've stuck with Swedish Spring because its simple and what i need i dont want 10,000 options to change a font colour or something daft like that, i mean no offense to CM or anything like that but it seems like everyone now builds roms automatically thinks that everyone wants a rom with CM in it.

this is a vanilla gingerbread rom...

Guest Len Ash

In a nutshell, yes. There are a few funnies at the moment, but it is early days. Some have issues with Mobile Data and I can't get GPS (or at least the icon) to work. I am trying an AOSP version to get rid of the ZTE dialler etc. - just a presonal preference, and continue to test.

Looks very promising, and could be what you are looking for, very soon.

replaced apn conf xml, still no data on o2 uk

Hmm, and I thought I'm doing something wrong here. I neither get wifi nor mobile data to work. If I activate wifi, simply nothing happens. I don't even see the available networks. For now, my Blade is off to the maincharger, I'll try tonight again. :)

Guest Len Ash
+1

Weird - I'm getting good WiFi and mobile data on giffgaff (O2 of course). But no GPS.

Slim version, CM7 N98 apn.conf

EDIT: you know there has been an O2 network S/W issue yesterday/today? Should be fixed....

Edited by Len Ash

Guest DonJamal
Weird - I'm getting good WiFi and mobile data on giffgaff (O2 of course). But no GPS.

just the apn.conf file needs to be replaced? nothing else?

Guest liamdunn
In a nutshell, yes. There are a few funnies at the moment, but it is early days. Some have issues with Mobile Data and I can't get GPS (or at least the icon) to work. I am trying an AOSP version to get rid of the ZTE dialler etc. - just a presonal preference, and continue to test.

Looks very promising, and could be what you are looking for, very soon.

Thats good to hear keep up the good work, and the other guys too :)

Guest Len Ash
just the apn.conf file needs to be replaced? nothing else?

That's all I did. I did it via the ROM, I wanted to delete a few more apps from /app.

Just no GPS for me now.

Guest MKD73

Anyone have a mediafire link for this hotfile limits one download and you have to wait half hour to grab another file, rom looks good thou

Guest whatcolour

EDIT: you know there has been an O2 network S/W issue yesterday/today? Should be fixed....

Wifi and data work great, no gps though.

Those replaced apn list with no luck. Try resetting ur phone.

Guest Len Ash
Wifi and data work great, no gps though.

Those replaced apn list with no luck. Try resetting ur phone.

No GPS either? Just doing a mega format and wipe to eliminate me being a pillock!