1 August B137 r7: FLB Custom ROM for the Huawei U8800 with Online Kitchen

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

First of all, thank you for this excellent rom! So far it has been the only rom for me with 100% stability. I've tested B133, B135, B137 and void, but only FLB (r3 and r5) roms haven't had any random reboot issues. Dunno if I personally do something wrong with other roms, but the random reboots simply do not exist with FLB roms.

Anyway, after testing void (#draco) a while ago, I began to miss some of the cpu governors found in void, especially brazilianwax. Would it be feasible to include e.g. brazilianwax and SavagedZen in future releases?

Shouldn't be too difficult to add them.

Guest Simon O

I found that the EFS versions of B162 and B138SP04 are different. They are B162 and B136. AMSS and SBL are the same as B138. Seems B162 has a newer EFS.

BTW do you know how to extract boot.img from update.app? Seems it cannot be extracted by split_updata.pl and bootimg.exe. Thanks.

I don't know what EFS is? amss I understand and currently I appear to have better cell signal using the amss.mbn from the B138 ROM than I did using the B137 mongolia ROM.

The only way I know to extract boot.img is to install the official update. A pain really :(

I've extracted the contents of /cust from the B138SP04 Estonia Elisia ROM already. I don't feel like flashing all the other roms to extract the boot images from!

Guest simplistian

I don't know what EFS is? amss I understand and currently I appear to have better cell signal using the amss.mbn from the B138 ROM than I did using the B137 mongolia ROM.

The only way I know to extract boot.img is to install the official update. A pain really :(

I've extracted the contents of /cust from the B138SP04 Estonia Elisia ROM already. I don't feel like flashing all the other roms to extract the boot images from!

I don't know what EFS do in Huawei machines but for Samsung devices it contains IMEI, phone lock status and radio related information. I didn't spend time with it as the same reason of having the /cust folder, it needs official ROM install to have it updated :(

Guest Simon O

I don't know what EFS do in Huawei machines but for Samsung devices it contains IMEI, phone lock status and radio related information. I didn't spend time with it as the same reason of having the /cust folder, it needs official ROM install to have it updated :(

Ah in that case I don't think it'll be that important. amss.mbn seems more important

Guest simplistian

Ah in that case I don't think it'll be that important. amss.mbn seems more important

When I first flashed your r3 I wasn't able to boot with ext4 on /system, as any other ROM including stock with ext4 mounts. I have been playing around with all those init, amss and emmcboot stuff for a while. Finally it was solved by flashing another version of stock ROM, a U8800H one as I have a U8800H actually. After playing around I found that the only differences are EFS version and those cust procedures during applying factory defaults.

And now with stock B138SP04 my phone stops sleeping randomly with always running Android System. I'm wondering if it is related with those shits and I'm trying around. Do you have it with B138?

Guest Simon O

When I first flashed your r3 I wasn't able to boot with ext4 on /system, as any other ROM including stock with ext4 mounts. I have been playing around with all those init, amss and emmcboot stuff for a while. Finally it was solved by flashing another version of stock ROM, a U8800H one as I have a U8800H actually. After playing around I found that the only differences are EFS version and those cust procedures during applying factory defaults.

And now with stock B138SP04 my phone stops sleeping randomly with always running Android System. I'm wondering if it is related with those shits and I'm trying around. Do you have it with B138?

I didn't test B138 long enough to notice any problems like that. All I wanted was to extract the /cust files.

Which U8800H stock rom did you use to get the facility to boot ext4?

Guest simplistian

I didn't test B138 long enough to notice any problems like that. All I wanted was to extract the /cust files.

Which U8800H stock rom did you use to get the facility to boot ext4?

The Hong Kong PCCW one as my U8800H is from Hong Kong. I am with stock B138 now if it goes smooth I will try ext4 with it.

Genokolar also found that there are different versions of the binary "init" file (not init.rc) in the ramdisk between different stock ROMs and they affect ext4 boot as well. I think he needs to change that for his ext4 to boot. I didn't play with that file as mine was always not booting. Just FYI.

Edited by simplistian

Guest wolfgr

r6 is kitchen only for the moment since the only differences are updated apps.

we have to pay to get r6 with updated apps? can we have a prebaked one?

Guest Simon O

i flash a clean r6 and new market force closes after few seconds.

Very strange. I just tested on a clean install and no such issues with the market.. maybe there was a problem with the zip I uploaded.

I've re-uploaded r6, slightly smaller as last time I built extra apps in which shouldn't had been there. Also in case it makes a difference I've edited the build.prop slightly so it now has a correct fingerprint for Android 2.2.2. Please try again with a new download.

Guest wolfgr

Very strange. I just tested on a clean install and no such issues with the market.. maybe there was a problem with the zip I uploaded.

I've re-uploaded r6, slightly smaller as last time I built extra apps in which shouldn't had been there. Also in case it makes a difference I've edited the build.prop slightly so it now has a correct fingerprint for Android 2.2.2. Please try again with a new download.

seems to be working now,the strange is that even i wiped data/cache when i got connected to internet market dl all my previus apps....

Guest simplistian

Here are the boot and system images compare report of B138SP04 to B162.

http://simplistian.c...8SP04-B162.html

http://simplistian.c...8SP04-B162.html

I don't understand why there are so many lib differences. They should be the same version for China and overseas.

With the B137 to B138 compare can we conclude that B162 updated more libs than B138 from B137?

I dumped the /cust and /system files of B162 if you are interested in looking at them.

http://simplistian.com/android/B162.7z

Edited by simplistian

Guest Simon O

Just tested ext4 I need the binary init file (not init.rc) from B162 to boot.

Does the init from B138 allow you to boot ext4? The init from B162 does not work on my phone but the B138 file does.

If it doesn't work then I'll have to make another boot.img for U8800H users.

Guest simplistian

Does the init from B138 allow you to boot ext4? The init from B162 does not work on my phone but the B138 file does.

If it doesn't work then I'll have to make another boot.img for U8800H users.

No, init from B138 doesn't boot for me. But I'm afraid it's not the difference of U8800 and U8800H, as my U8800H shares the same boot behavior of most Chinese U8800 devices. You may make another boot.img in case someone cannot boot from your normal one.

Guest Simon O

No, init from B138 doesn't boot for me. But I'm afraid it's not the difference of U8800 and U8800H, as my U8800H shares the same boot behavior of most Chinese U8800 devices. You may make another boot.img in case someone cannot boot from your normal one.

In that case the easy option would be to have an optional ext3 version of the rom. That should work for everyone.

I will need to think about the best way to approach this.

Guest simplistian

In that case the easy option would be to have an optional ext3 version of the rom. That should work for everyone.

I will need to think about the best way to approach this.

Another approach would be having an ext3 /system and an ext4 /data. It seems to be the best balance of compability and performance.

Guest Simon O

Another approach would be having an ext3 /system and an ext4 /data. It seems to be the best balance of compability and performance.

Hmm, I'll try that! Thanks

Update: system as ext3, data as ext4. No loss of performance and quadrant scores still high. :)

Guest Simon O

Uploaded r7. ROM has been changed to format and use the system partition as ext3. The data partition remains as ext4 for maximum performance. Setting the system partition to ext3 won't make much difference since it's usually read only, but it allows all U8800 and U8800H devices to boot the ROM without having to change the init file in boot.img :)