[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest Maxsas360

Please Psyloid don't go! Your ROM has the best performace of all roms and your theme is the first I like. WBAW is a smart guy, but I don't think he is right about you. You give credits for using his rom as a base and I don't know why he is still not happy. Maybe he wants more fame?

Guest Carbonize

first thing u should do is maybe check his last messages, or at least check the first message on the thread you are posting

First thing I did was check his last five mesages.

if you think that GSF or blue ginger or the first froyo custom roms are all based upon official release, then it's hopeless to carry on. Or maybe you think that modaco custom, FLB customs and maybe SS were all based upon the same "official" rom (SS was in fact the only rom based upon an official release)? It really is hopeless

They are based upon LEAKED roms that have come from the original manufacturer so yes they are all based on official releases even if those releases have been leaked. The only rom I would say is not is CM.

Guest Amit.V

- Can I make VOIP calls with the Blue Ginger v5 dialer?

is there supposed to be a problem with it? with GSF i had no problem, and it seems to be working now with blue ginger v5

Guest Srsriharsha

I just flashed this rom yesterday and it's superb. Now I come back and see that it has been removed, I can't believe. It's so stupid of people to feel jealous to see someone doing a better job.

You have done a great job and we appreciate it. Hope to see V6 soon..

Guest top4ek

Here's my experience for several days of using BG V5.

Once flashed(full wipe and /system format) it didn't loads(green robot and reboot). Then i've updated with same zip and after that everything goes right except WiFi. It's just turns off after a while and don't see my APs. Fixed via Factory settings apply and now all running smooth.

First use of GPS: 1-2 minutes showed that i'm in 20 km of actual position. Fixed itself somehow :)

Can't update Gmail app - wrong signature of packet(or smth like that, I'm using russian locale). ZDBox or TiBackup doesn't see package.

I can't use volume buttons now to controll MortPlayer.

Cant activate swap partition in Apps2SD GUI.

Except this all fine and great. Thanks for your work, I hope you'll continue improvements of this ROM.

Some addition(feature requests): Stock calculator i've changed to RealCalc from market. Launcher Pro -> Go Launcher EX(it has all features of LP and much more, like resizing(LPP can, but LP can't).

Guest XpressAndy

As I couldn't update GMail, I removed it using titanium and then installed from market.

But then it replaced the GMail notification icon with stock grey one. How can I get the original colored icon back?

Pysloid mate, you need to grow thicker skin. Please comeback. Your ROM is the best I have tried. :)

Guest kogos

First thing I did was check his last five mesages.

well, if u rly did then u should see it. It's his last message... if u didnt, then u're searching only on this thread or something... and its also the first post of this thread as i said, so when saying that he didnt say this, the least thing to do is check those two things

They are based upon LEAKED roms that have come from the original manufacturer so yes they are all based on official releases even if those releases have been leaked. The only rom I would say is not is CM.

Doesnt make any sense... leaked and official are 2 different things...

anyway, there is no point goin on with this when all of us can spend our time doing things that actually can benefit all of us

just as a sidenote, i like blue and it sure looks a lot better than the stock looking GSF, and blue is what i have on atm... so i'm not leaning on either side, thats the buty of custom roms... use it, dump it, use it again and move on :) On the other hand, i;ve never seen any developer in modaco saying that his rom is better than another's developer rom... thats for testers to comment... especially with no evidence so far... but even if there were evidence, it doesnt sound ethically right to me

I rly hope Psyloid will get back, and if i knew him in person i would bang his head against a wall till he change his mind and get back here :) Guys like him and their enthusiasm about android phone is what keeps modaco going... I could also say the same things for Wbaw ofc...

Edited by kogos

Guest Moeen Mahboob

Wasn't it supposed to be under GNU GPL rather under creative commons if he missed to give credit to the pioneers who put forward the GB release? wow people must get out of their egoistic pseronality.....

Blue Ginger v4 has the BEST 3D Hardware acceleration and an amazing software support PLUS the my battery lasts a whole week on phone/txt. What a pitty when people start dissing each other.

If he took/stole someone else's work, whats so special in it? Isnt android open source? Is NOT giving credits to the starters that punishable that you get your account cancelled and get some other dudes call you a liar and a theif. WOW seriously get out of your innerself people and behave.

If someone has Blue Ginger v5, kindly upload it and PM me the link, I would love to try that one out. V4 stood HIGH in the crowd of all the releases I tested on my Blade.

Edited by Moeen Mahboob

Guest DellXCD35

i have been using all the roms, GSF, Green, Blue ginger 1-4 etc etc. after flashing V5 i can 110% say that there is marginal performance increase. scrolling, angry birds with music open all work smooth now.

GPS fix is within 2-3 seconds. wifi signal is also better for me now. Action voip calls are also clear.

Come on if Psyloid said that his Rom is better than others it might be sounding rude but i bet it was not his intention to defame MBAW or anyone else.

he was just confident in his rom and was very proud so might be the comment.

i always had in mind that his roms are based on WBAWs roms and he always gave him credit for that.

if not for others i think psyloid should continue with V6 for his supporters.

i can swear this is the best looking and fastest rom i have ever flashed on my Blade

Guest Moeen Mahboob
Blue Ginger

For gen2 Phones with 128MB partition or more

what will you get?

-Android 2.3.4 based on the ZTE Blade gingerbread beta

-Good battery life

-Performant system

-full working as it should GPS, Wifi, FM radio, Tethering (USB & Wifi), sensors, bluetooth, headphones volume

-Custom bootanimation

-Very nice colourfull theme

-Rooted, A2SD, busybox

V5 changes:

- updated A2sdGUI, Es file explorer, Launcher pro, Maps, titanium backup

- updated UI-theme (sorry, no more stock theme, too much work)

- using GSF b14 as base

- car home is fixed

- Added flashlight app, sms backup app

- google backup now works 100%

- Added modified hosts (latest) file for an almost ad-free phone

- Tweaked ram an cpu for up to 30% improved performance (games are smoother, music does not skip on 122mhz

- Removed no frills cpu app (not nescessary anymore after performance tweak)

Blue Ginger V5

DOWNLOAD

MD5: DB64039D31D8CD1795F2915E40405AED *Blue_Ginger_V5.zip

Size: 120MB

many thanks to wbaw !!!

also thanks K0zmic for ZTE dialer versions !

OK from google cached pages, I managed to find the download link.

Also I noticed he did give credit to wbaw in the end of the post.

Guest swisstourist

tried CM7 for 20 minutes, back to bluegingerV5, much better, faster...

i can see it s faste, when u go in your prg library, u can scroll your screnn up and down and it s fluent.

all over rom has problems. plus the battery is good like v4 that i tried for 2 weeks, and i can tell you i manage 10 hours, 50%down with light use, still took 15 picturs, checked email 5 times,...

so i stay with v5 until v6 come out!

Edited by swisstourist

Guest Talvathir

i can swear this is the best looking and fastest rom i have ever flashed on my Blade

Same here. Do come back Psyloid, even if some people don't agree with you, us, the users of BlueGinger sure as hell love it and that really should be all that counts in the end :).

Guest Puzzles

I am speechless. As much as wbaw has done, it's really mean to call someone a liar just because he wanted to come up with something different, even though it's based on his ROM. And Psyloid did give credit to wbaw as Moeen said. So...

Edited by Puzzles

Guest kogos

tried CM7 for 20 minutes, back to bluegingerV5, much better, faster...

i can see it s faste, when u go in your prg library, u can scroll your screnn up and down and it s fluent.

all over rom has problems. plus the battery is good like v4 that i tried for 2 weeks, and i can tell you i manage 10 hours, 50%down with light use, still took 15 picturs, checked email 5 times,...

so i stay with v5 until v6 come out!

I reckon CM7 was always slower than all leaked zte based roms like blue Ginger or gsf.

btw, what's prg library?

Guest ThermalDroid

Okay thanks to recent events this may seem insensitive but if I switch the framework and systemUI files from GSF into this will it remove the god awful blue theme?

Guest McrRed

Yeah. Insensitive ...

I've tried them all and this is the best rom for me so far...

I liked the adaptability of green better but probably tweaked things so much that different settings were acting against each other.

To my knowledge Psyloid explained that the speed advantages were in CERTAIN scenarios. I never personally saw claims that blue was the best...except by some of us end -users.

Total respect to all the developers and contributors that make this the best phone out there.

Come back Psyloid, missing you already!

Guest shiver750

Yeah. Insensitive ...

I've tried them all and this is the best rom for me so far...

I liked the adaptability of green better but probably tweaked things so much that different settings were acting against each other.

To my knowledge Psyloid explained that the speed advantages were in CERTAIN scenarios. I never personally saw claims that blue was the best...except by some of us end -users.

Total respect to all the developers and contributors that make this the best phone out there.

Come back Psyloid, missing you already!

+1 That's the TRUE !

Guest BinaryCode

The bigger of the 2 men will be the one who returns first and admits to maybe over reacting a little.

Both Psy and WBAW have contributed a lot to the development of the roms we use and for that we are thankful.

Guest ablackswan

The bigger of the 2 men will be the one who returns first and admits to maybe over reacting a little.

Both Psy and WBAW have contributed a lot to the development of the roms we use and for that we are thankful.

word !!!

i hope they'll be back soon and keep doing their awesome job

Guest greldon7

I don't know what's going on, but the battery performance in this v5 is really poor, compared to the previous ones.

I someone else having the same problem???

Guest kogos

I think battery performance is slightly worst than gsf, at least in my case, so u might need to wipe your battery stats or wait for a few charge cycles before u see battery performance of v5