[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest Slurpy2k11
download the file Recovery2.zip...

1) extract it...

2) connect you phone to PC...

3) enable USB debugging under settings->applications->development

4) now run the .cmd script on PC with phone conected..

5) follow instructions and done...

pls dont do this if you are unsure/dont know what you are doing...u might brick your phone...

cheers...

I did all this. At the end it says press enter to reset the phone.. it resets, back to normal.. and then what? How do I flash the ROM? At what point can I access the recovery menu? I already copied it as a zip to the SD.

Edited by Slurpy2k11

Guest Mercutius

@ vache

Yep, indeed.

In fact, I first restored with Titanium half of my apps then applied ad2sd. It worked flawlessly.

Then, I restored the other half. I applied ad2sd again, as I did with Metalounay, and that's when it failed.

I might add I got a 16Gb sdcard, with a 2gb ext2 partition.

Edited by Mercutius

Guest Slurpy2k11
Reformatted app2sd partition and all went smoothly

After I install the recovery, do I use the caer tool to flash Gingerounay???

Guest vache
@ vache

Yep, indeed.

In fact, I first restored with Titanium half of my apps then applied ad2sd. It worked flawlessly.

Then, I restored the other half. I applied ad2sd again, as I did with Metalounay, and that's when it failed.

I might add I got a 16Gb sdcard, with a 2gb ext2 partition.

You don't have to apply a2sd again, once activated it's enought. Also it's better to activate it before restoring apps/data.

Edited by vache

Guest Slurpy2k11
Ho, sorry, didn't know that. Thanx !

Vache, can you tell me step by step how to flash after the recovery is successfully installed? It says sending and writing recovery OK.. then what?

Edited by Slurpy2k11

Guest davidevinavil

@Vache

Noop scheduler (instead of CFS)

What is this?

And how did you managed it without kernel source?

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest astuermer
You are freeing space in System ROM partition - if you have donate version of Titanium, you can integrate your apps info the rom space :)

no, i meant freeing up some memory by unintalling - for example - live wallpapers, office, etc from the system partition.

on a stock rom a do a full wipe and instead of 113 mb there are around 135 mb free then.

but doing a full wipe with gingerounay also wipes gingerounay...

right?!

any further plans regarding the full wipe issue in recovery with battstats and dalvik?

Edited by astuermer

You removed Gingerbreak screen-off animation, is it possible to get it back ?

So far so good everything is working, Ad2sd is working, WiFi, market, apps,... Excellent performance, no FC yet...

Edited by Guest

Guest vache
no, i meant freeing up some memory by unintalling - for example - live wallpapers, office, etc from the system partition.

on a stock rom a do a full wipe and instead of 113 mb there are around 135 mb free then.

but doing a full wipe with gingerounay also wipes gingerounay...

right?!

any further plans regarding the full wipe issue in recovery with battstats and dalvik?

Wrong, doing a full wipe is ok, but wiping dalvik-cache only will also do a full wipe. I'll look at this issue.

Removing system app will not give you more memory if you not remove corresponding data too.

Guest Slurpy2k11

I like how absolutely everyone is ignoring my question. Thanks guys. After installig recovery, clicking on adb or fastboot does absolutely nothing.

Guest vache
You removed Gingerbreak screen-off animation, is it possible to get it back ?

Set "Animations" to all or some of them in Settings.

Animations are disable by default and also disable screen-off animation.

Guest vache
I like how absolutely everyone is ignoring my question. Thanks guys. After installig recovery, clicking on adb or fastboot does absolutely nothing.

Search on the forum, you can find all you need to flash a custom ROM.

Guest Slurpy2k11
Search on the forum, you can find all you need to flash a custom ROM.

I searched dozens of threads, but each has a different method and doesnt provide enough detail. All I need to know is how to boot into recovery, I dont see why someone cant give a quick answer. The physical button combo doesnt work. I did all the other steps. I also asked if I needed to be rooted to flash this rom, and noone answered.

Edited by Slurpy2k11

Guest grayfoxpt

so do i meke titanium backup of everithing, flash, ad2sd on and then restore? or should i format ext2 partition before restore?

Guest Nesli

Hmm, strange problem with ad2sd..

During restoring and downloading my apps back to phone , after I clicked one app, phone rebooted and was in bootloop, I had to take battery out, when it booted OK, but it broke widgets, set default keyboard ) I let it go, but now, after installing app from market (many apps installed ok), it happenned again ?? What is causing this? :)

Guest davidevinavil
I searched dozens of threads, but each has a different method and doesnt provide enough detail. All I need to know is how to boot into recovery, I dont see why someone cant give a quick answer. The physical button combo doesnt work. I did all the other steps. I also asked if I needed to be rooted to flash this rom, and noone answered.

Button combo works.

Push camera focus, vol +, vol -, power until you enter into recovery.

Note that camera has two step: camera focus and take photo....

Pay attention at camera button...

And give a good look at this

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...liquid-mt-s120/

Even if is an old version, instruction are the same

And you haven't to have root to flash any custom rom..

You must have amonra recovery

In this case rom has root so when you flash it you will have root

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest Slurpy2k11
Button combo works.

Push camera focus, vol +, vol -, power until you enter into recovery.

Note that camera has two step: camera focus and take photo....

Pay attention at camera button...

And give a good look at this

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...liquid-mt-s120/

Even if is an old version, instruction are the same

I appreciate your reply. And yes, I've gone through that whole thread more than once.

Button combo does not work. After 15 seconds, I get 3 quick vibrations and then nothing happens. I've held them down for more than 45 seconds. And yes, I'm pushing the camera only 1 click to focus, not all the way. The other ways described to boot into recovery (quickboot from market) need the device to be rooted. I've ran the recovery installer several times, and it tells me its successful and reboots.

Edited by Slurpy2k11

Guest davidevinavil

Button combo works as always..

Are you sure your button works?

You have to press vol +, vol-, camera at the same time and last power button keeping the other tree pressed..

This must work..

Anyway you must root original rom and use quickboot but I don't know how to root original rom whitout recovery or a custo rom..

Guest Slurpy2k11
Button combo works as always..

Are you sure your button works?

You have to press vol +, vol-, camera at the same time and last power button keeping the other tree pressed..

This must work..

Anyway you must root original rom and use quickboot but I don't know how to root original rom whitout recovery or a custo rom..

How long should the phone take to enter recovery? Yes, all the buttons work. I've tried it 15+ times so far.. weird. I'm sure Im pressing them all.

Thanks again for your follow-up.

Edited by Slurpy2k11

Guest astuermer
Wrong, doing a full wipe is ok, but wiping dalvik-cache only will also do a full wipe. I'll look at this issue.

Removing system app will not give you more memory if you not remove corresponding data too.

hmm, thanks for your reply!

usually - when using a stock rom - i flash recovery, root, install titanium and then uninstall every crap app :) with titanium. then i do a full wipe (vol + and vol - with power) and xx mb or more are added to the previously free memory.

with android froyo on acer liquid mt for example there are 125 mb free mem after flashing.

after uninstalling and wiping i have 142 mb free memory.

so how can that be managed with installed gingerounay and uninstalling a few apps?