[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

I've installed gingerounay with recovery 3.0. Starts the new boot animation, but after few seconds the animation stops and after 1 or 2 minutes it power off automatically.

Please what I've got to do??

Edit

Solved. I've restored the phone with a nandroid backup to the official 4.000.13.

Here's what I did when I was installing Gingerounay:

_Installed recovery 3.0 (Clockworkmod);

_Nandroid backup with this new recovery (fortunately);

_Wipe data/factory reset;

_Wipe cache partition;

_Install zip from sdcard ==> choose zip from sdcard ==> Gingerounay-3.0.zip

What is wrong?

Bonjiourno!

I had this problem too after doing nearly the same steps as you.

Mine kept restarting each time it go to the loading screen (after the initial screen), the one with the fancy blue glass spinning.

I pulled out the battery and was ready to reflash when I powered it on and it booted all the way through.

In conclusion, try taking the battery out for a few seconds, then restart it. Else i just got lucky...

Guest RohanAJoshi

wow vache...

really big thanx..

this is what called as bugless till now, i m using this from 3 days, still no major problem.

but found that boot takes much time than official 2.3 and dmd ROM.

awesome work.

Update : sometimes auto rotate screen gets off automatically in setings, we need to manually turn it on.

plz fix this.

i m using go laucher.

Edited by RohanAJoshi

Guest chemicalbuz

i have wifi issue with gingerounay 3.0, i'm the only one or? i start it but it can't find any connections and it shut down automatically after few seconds

EDIT: all right after reinstallation

Edited by chemicalbuz

For the wifi issue on 3.0, a

adb shell chown 1010.1010  /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant
seems to set the correct permission, a reboot and it's ok...
Hi, i have a problem, i install ginger 3.0.1 and all is good, only wi fi doesn't work, i'm italian and when i try to activate wifi it send me error!!!!! i not understand this
adb shell chown 1010.1010  /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant

please help me :rolleyes:

And another problem, i can't used a desktop image, the screen is always black!!!!!!!!!! animated or not nothing change :blink:

Edited by stee79

Guest Rotorcycle

I had the blank wallpaper issues that others have reported the first time I installed it (3.0.1). I re-installed it and still had the same issue when using the stock launcher, after switching to launcher pro, it has worked as per normal. The first installation gave me a few FC errors, but this time I've yet to encounter a single one. I'm not sure if it matters, but this time I booted the phone to the language selection page for 3.0 before turning off and loading the 3.0.1 update from recovery. The first time I just installed both zips at the same time.

Is there any way to remove an app that I installed using Taboo Tools additional app menu without having to re-install everything again?

Also, is there any way to change the colour scheme/boot animation to the one that came with 2.5? I don't really like the blue battery icon and blue menu accents. Rather fussy, I know.

Other than that, another great ROM.smile.gif

PS. No message bug for me.

Guest RohanAJoshi

Update : sometimes auto rotate screen gets off automatically in setings, we need to manually turn it on.

plz fix this.

also boot taking too much time, any solution ?

i m using go laucher.

Hello, i have forgotten my password for liquid metal, to unlock the device (not the pin!!) and i can't start this!!

I've the gingerounay 3, there is a default password? Which is?

thanks

Hello, i have forgotten my password for liquid metal, to unlock the device (not the pin!!) and i can't start this!!

I've the gingerounay 3, there is a default password? Which is?

thanks

Do you mean the password set on Android to get to the homescreen?

Guest MisfitGeek

Just to say that all is fine for me.

Switch from Froyo to 2.3.6 take a bit of time but worth it.

So far, no issue...

Happy to say Vache is doing a great work (and also Acer by keeping LM up to date)

Hello Vache,

thanks for Gingerounay 3.0(1). Looks great!

Unfortunately, apps2SD(GUI) isn't working at all. I tried many things but always end up with broken apps (es explorer, Go launcher, system apps, ...). Is there any description how one have to activate apps2sd?

The phone and card was working perfectly with Gingerounay 2.x, ext2+fat partition. I formatted the ext2 partition, wiped all I can, ... but still failing. Without activating ext2, Gingernouay 3.0(1) works without any flaws.

So I have no idea what's going wrong here. :(

PS: Meanwhile I got apps2sd (GUI) working in some kind. But now WLAN is broken. I can tick to switch it on, but some seconds later it switch off itself, whatever I do...

Edited by DeJe63

Guest chemicalbuz

Hello Vache,

thanks for Gingerounay 3.0(1). Looks great!

Unfortunately, apps2SD(GUI) isn't working at all. I tried many things but always end up with broken apps (es explorer, Go launcher, system apps, ...). Is there any description how one have to activate apps2sd?

The phone and card was working perfectly with Gingerounay 2.x, ext2+fat partition. I formatted the ext2 partition, wiped all I can, ... but still failing. Without activating ext2, Gingernouay 3.0(1) works without any flaws.

So I have no idea what's going wrong here. :(

it isn't supported yet, we have to wait a new update

PS: Meanwhile I got apps2sd (GUI) working in some kind. But now WLAN is broken. I can tick to switch it on, but some seconds later it switch off itself, whatever I do...

i had same issue sometimes, i had to reinstall everything

Edited by chemicalbuz

Do you mean the password set on Android to get to the homescreen?

i've solved doing a clean boot..

i have another question..why my battery percentage goes from 96 to 91, to 86, to 81 and not 1% by 1%?

Thanks

i've solved doing a clean boot..

i have another question..why my battery percentage goes from 96 to 91, to 86, to 81 and not 1% by 1%?

Thanks

I have the same issue with the battery step. It's strange laugh.gif

IIRC, Vache said his ROM's will continue to have the 5% battery step which would explain why it does down from 96% down to 91%.

Guest MadMousse

Anyway this strange battery step isn't very disturbing, and the rom works like a charm (Thank you btw Vache).

Just flash a low voltage kernel like Technolover or david's one and you'll get 1% battery step and more battery life.

Edited by MadMousse

hi,

how much the phone will take to boot after the installation of the rom?

the installation of the 2.3.6 firmware and recovery 3.0 end well but after the wipe and the flash of the zip files with the rom the phone boots and after some seconds the animation freezes. i have waited for several minutes but nothing happened.

anyone can help me?

thanks in advance ;)

hi,

the installation of the 2.3.6 firmware and recovery 3.0 end well but after the wipe and the flash of the zip files with the rom the phone boots and after some seconds the animation freezes. i have waited for several minutes but nothing happened.

anyone can help me?

thanks in advance ;)

need few minutes,seem freezes don't worry just wait

it isn't supported yet, we have to wait a new update

Really!? After all I partitioned the sdcard with Recovery and added the swap partition. As of now, it works here. But swap is deactivated and can't be activated. There seems to be an update for apps2sdgui in the market, but I am not sure to install it...

i had same issue sometimes, i had to reinstall everything

I don't remember, but after reboot or removing battery it was working.

Guest chemicalbuz

hi,

anyone can help me?

thanks in advance ;)

enter in recovery and full-wipe, also wipe dalvik cache than flash rom again

Guest pigio92

hi all, with this rom the led notification with no.stock app of messagging work??

i have the t&l 2.3.4 final, can i wipe all and flash so the zip?

thanks all for reply.

Now with this rom i can't move a lot of app in sd why??i have to partition the sd?I have a micro sd 8gb.

Thanks!!

ps: sorry for my bad english :(