[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest basem1970

Please i need urgent help..since i flashed gingerounay, the phone takes long time to boot..it is now stuck at the android start screen for the last 2 hours...i tried reboot, removing battery, connecting to charger, restoring from previous updates to no avail...please help me

Please i need urgent help..since i flashed gingerounay, the phone takes long time to boot..it is now stuck at the android start screen for the last 2 hours...i tried reboot, removing battery, connecting to charger, restoring from previous updates to no avail...please help me

Try go into recovery and wipe Dalvik Cache or Cache.

Otherwise, if that doesn't work then you could try a full wipe and re-flash of the ROM.

Guest billybiro

I am still getting a force close on Google Talk, even with the 3.0.1 update, which is supposed to fix the FC bug with Google Talk.

For info, I wiped, installed 3.0, booted up completely, then after initial setup/boot, I then applied the 3.0.1 update (both flashed with CWM 3 recovery).

I get both a FC on Google Talk every time I try to access it, and also if clicking on the Settings > About Phone > Additional System Updates option.

Any fixes for this?

Guest basem1970

Try go into recovery and wipe Dalvik Cache or Cache.

Otherwise, if that doesn't work then you could try a full wipe and re-flash of the ROM.

Thank you.. i tried both options but still stuck at the first screen...any other ideas please?

Guest SilverBarrel

I am still getting a force close on Google Talk, even with the 3.0.1 update, which is supposed to fix the FC bug with Google Talk.

For info, I wiped, installed 3.0, booted up completely, then after initial setup/boot, I then applied the 3.0.1 update (both flashed with CWM 3 recovery).

I get both a FC on Google Talk every time I try to access it, and also if clicking on the Settings > About Phone > Additional System Updates option.

Any fixes for this?

I also have a FC with "Additional system updates". 3.0.1 update also didn't fix the FC in Talk. For this problem, I just removed Talk (you can use sdxappremoval 1.5 to do that), then re-installed it, unzipping the talk.apk from Gingeroonay-3.0.1_update.zip (under \system\app\) on my sd card, then "launching" the apk with ES File Explorer.

I also sometimes have my S120 freezing at boot, maybe it's my SDcard (a Class 10 though), as re-flashing, clearing caches, and resetting didn't help.

It looks like this problem appears only since Acer ships the S120 with Gingerbread. I bet people who upgraded from 2.2 to Gingerounay didn't have this kind of problem.

Guest pasternak

Hi all,

I have a problem with my MT: after flashing gingerounay 3.0.1 I tried to use the android contact/dialer (from tabootools) cause acer contact/dialer makes me sick!

The problem is that I do get the android contact interface, but I do not get the android dialer, it remains with the acer style (e.g. when someone calls me I get the "acer view", same when I call someone).

Is there a way to turn also the dialer into the android style?

I tried to switch to acer style then to android style again but no way, I got the same problem.

Please Help!

Guest Tiny Jacky

Flashed 4.00.13gen1 through ADT->flash recovery3.0->flash 3.0.1->reboot->fail->wipe and flash->fail

fail: get stuck in the screen in acer logo with androids

do i need a clean boot?

Edited by Tiny Jacky

Guest Tiny Jacky

Thank you.. i tried both options but still stuck at the first screen...any other ideas please?

SAME PROBLEM!

we need a fix!

can't even use link2sd with a rooted stock rom using ext4...pathetic...if it works i would rather stay in stock

always get trouble when flashing rom on this phone...

BTW my phone is a gen2 phone and i flashed a gen1 bin...would that be related?

Edited by Tiny Jacky

Guest Tiny Jacky

installed 4.000.13GEN1 via flashing bin->installed recovery 3.0->clean boot(hard reset)->install Gingerounary 3.0->reboot->got stuck...

What the hell...

Then I did a clean boot again->STUCK

What the hell...

Then I factory reset+wipe cache+flash 3.0 agian->STUCK

OK, then I wipe data via recovery->flash bin again->flash recovery 3.0->clean boot->wipe data->wipe cache->wipe dalvik(unknown volume of path [/sd-ext])->flash ginger3.0->reboot->.........STUCK

Then I clean boot->reflash->unplug SD->reboot................................................STUCK...................................................................

..................let's use the stock rom...let the internal storage be full :)

Edited by Tiny Jacky

Guest billybiro

I also have a FC with "Additional system updates". 3.0.1 update also didn't fix the FC in Talk. For this problem, I just removed Talk (you can use sdxappremoval 1.5 to do that), then re-installed it, unzipping the talk.apk from Gingeroonay-3.0.1_update.zip (under \system\app\) on my sd card, then "launching" the apk with ES File Explorer.

I also sometimes have my S120 freezing at boot, maybe it's my SDcard (a Class 10 though), as re-flashing, clearing caches, and resetting didn't help.

It looks like this problem appears only since Acer ships the S120 with Gingerbread. I bet people who upgraded from 2.2 to Gingerounay didn't have this kind of problem.

Interesting. I mostly leave my phone on, but I've recently had to re-boot a couple of times. I, too, have noticed that there's a tendency for it to freeze (usually during the boot-animation) at boot-up - maybe a 50/50 chance!. The only way to "fix" this is to remove the battery and try again. Sometimes takes 3-4 goes before I get a "clean" boot. I also believe it's related to stuff stored on my SD Card (I'm using the built-in Apps2SD that comes with the Gingerounay ROM) that's required at boot time. Maybe some weird race condition where the ROM tries to load something from the SDCard, but it's not yet properly mounted? I'm not sure.

I may well try a different ROM (probably t&l Metal) to see if any of these issues go away. Have you experienced any of these problems with any other ROMS?

many people have wifi issue, is it possible to fix it please?

I don't think that this rom is supported any more! There are so many of us that we have bigger problems... this rom don't even boot up! wacko.gif

I also believe it's related to stuff stored on my SD Card (I'm using the built-in Apps2SD that comes with the Gingerounay ROM) that's required at boot time.

These bugs could be reported to Vache here: http://vache-android.com/v1/index.php?site=bugtracker

Guest Galaxyweb

Hi, I am new in this forum and greetings to you all.

I installed the Gingerounay 3.0 and 3.0.1 on my acer Liquid Mt first time and all ok but when I switch off the phone e after I switch on it stopping on boot on screen with acer logo.

Then today I do a wipe to all and reinstall the rom but now the phone stopping after the acer logo at the screen with colored rectangles !!!

Why this problem???

Help me??

Thanks