[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest liqMT

With gingerounay, you can use either android or acer contact/dialer (select with taboo tools). If you want to use acer contacts/dialer (for e.g. quick dial feature), i beleive you need acersync (choose with taboo tools/apps) to store contacts in the phone instead of the SIM, then create a "phone" account from contacts app options;

Then you can export your cantacts, maybe import your previously exported (no advise with titaniumbackup, sorry)

Edited by liqMT

Guest liqMT

Hi

I ran a big issue with gingerounay 3 ; I lost wifi (MAC address unavailable) . wifi disables after about 15 seconds after I enable. restore with TitaniumBackup pro and elder nandroidbackup didn't help; Only the first nandroidbackup from before gingerounay brought back wifi working; Acer download tool 4;0;13 didn't work at all, stating not enough 20MB internal storage although the phone said 120MB free

Did anybody had this wifi issue?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SuperCiccio

I have the same wi-fi issue: it disables after few seconds in which it finds no devices.

Tested on various kernels, the latest is technolover 1.5, I think it is a Gingerounay issue.

Anyhow, thanks very much Vache.

Let's hope in Lens' work on CM9!

Guest met4ller87

hi, very good rom, thank you.

but I still have 2 bugs:

1- when the screen is locked , the screen often enlight for some seconds, and after it turns off.

2- i can't save forever applications preferences using "open with..." . when i restart phone, settings won't saves so anytime I must choose the application to use!

Can I fix theese 2 bugs?? the first one in particular, it' so bad.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest greystar666

Hi,

I have a Liquid MT with Gingerounay 3.0.1. Yesterday the phone started showing a lot of errors and after rebooting it stays stuck to the Gingerounay splash/loading screen. Any advice? I've tried entering recovery mode but I only get the error screen (the droid with the exclamation mark).

EDIT: I managed to do a clean reset but I cant download anything from the market. Any advice?

Edited by greystar666

Guest merou09

Hi,

I have a Liquid MT with Gingerounay 3.0.1. Yesterday the phone started showing a lot of errors and after rebooting it stays stuck to the Gingerounay splash/loading screen. Any advice? I've tried entering recovery mode but I only get the error screen (the droid with the exclamation mark).

EDIT: I managed to do a clean reset but I cant download anything from the market. Any advice?

Reflash Recovery only to begin...

• 6 months later...
Guest nemlehet4

I've installed the 3.0.1 but i have a big problem. I cant install anything from the Play market every app which is bigger tham 1 mb says I dont have enough free space. I'm using Link2SD so I have more than 60 mb of free space. Any solution?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi all

My S120 is still alive. I feel I miss a swap partition but I didn't created it in the beginning. I have a 32GB sd card which is currently showing this in GParted :

sdb1 fat32 label: LIQUID 27.22Gio (used 11.61 Gio - unused 15.72 Gio) flags: lba

sdb2 ext3 label: sd-ext 1.91Gio (used 298.1Mio - used 1.62 Gio) no flag

Can I add a swap now? How to do without breaking everything?

Thank you.

Please help

I tryied to create a swap between my 30GB FAT32 and 2GB ext3 with gparted, when the sdcard was shared via USB. This succeeded but the fat32 partition didn't mount anymore and then the phone said I had a problem with the card (the ext3 partition seems still OK). After reboot the phone looped on the splash animation, with or without the card. Now with or without the card the combo CAM+Vol_UP+power gives the vibror vibers 2 short times and the screen shows "USB download mode". Without the card with combo CAM+Vol_down+Power I get  "SD download mode" failed. I think I can restore the card (It seems I reached to recover my data with testdisk from a dd image I made after the crash) but I didn't yet wrote changes to the sdcard itself. Is it possible I restore my phone without breaking all + reinstall all? I have a folder /clockworkmod/backup/2012-06-15.19.52.40 with .img and .md5 files inside.

[EDIT] hmmm the image.img md5 doesn't match with the LiquidMT 3 one from vache: maybe it is stock one.

Edited by liqMT
edit

Hi all

I reached to rebuild all my phone with a working girgerounay3.0 but contacts import doesn't work to local storage.

After import my fresh (from before crash) .vcf backup from the SDcard, the phone book always says "You have no contact to display". In phonebook display options I only have SIM.

In "Accounts and Sync" I can only select for add account "Entreprise" (exchange I think), "FacebookEvent" and "Google" , but not "Telephone".

I remember I had to install acersync from tabootools but now nothing happens (although I don't use any sync to pc synchro, because I switched to linux since a long time and acersync is Windows only). I just export contacts some times to sdcard.

What to do please?

[EDIT] numbering from the phone app or typing a recipient name in the SMS app, matching contacts are shown fine, which means the import worked, but the phonebook still can't see them.

Thank you

Edited by liqMT
more info

Rebirth. I had a nand backup of the stock 4.013 installation: I reflashed and ./adb pull /system/app ~/Documents/Liquid/acer

Then I added AcerSyncHelper.apk and AcerSync.apk into a Gingerounay-3.0-CopyCustom.zip (/system/app folder) and reflashed.

Et voilà