• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

664 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

With gingerounay, you can use either android or acer contact/dialer (select with taboo tools). If you want to use acer contacts/dialer (for e.g. quick dial feature), i beleive you need acersync (choose with taboo tools/apps) to store contacts in the phone instead of the SIM, then create a "phone" account from contacts app options;

Then you can export your cantacts, maybe import your previously exported (no advise with titaniumbackup, sorry)

Edited by liqMT

Posted

Hi

I ran a big issue with gingerounay 3 ; I lost wifi (MAC address unavailable) . wifi disables after about 15 seconds after I enable. restore with TitaniumBackup pro and elder nandroidbackup didn't help; Only the first nandroidbackup from before gingerounay brought back wifi working; Acer download tool 4;0;13 didn't work at all, stating not enough 20MB internal storage although the phone said 120MB free

Did anybody had this wifi issue?

Thanks

Posted

You are the MAN.

My acer rebirth thanks to you!

Keep up this excellency.

THANKS.

Posted

I have the same wi-fi issue: it disables after few seconds in which it finds no devices.

Tested on various kernels, the latest is technolover 1.5, I think it is a Gingerounay issue.

Anyhow, thanks very much Vache.

Let's hope in Lens' work on CM9!

Posted

hi, very good rom, thank you.

but I still have 2 bugs:

1- when the screen is locked , the screen often enlight for some seconds, and after it turns off.

2- i can't save forever applications preferences using "open with..." . when i restart phone, settings won't saves so anytime I must choose the application to use!

Can I fix theese 2 bugs?? the first one in particular, it' so bad.

Posted

i would like to use this rom again but download link is dead any other url ??

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I have a Liquid MT with Gingerounay 3.0.1. Yesterday the phone started showing a lot of errors and after rebooting it stays stuck to the Gingerounay splash/loading screen. Any advice? I've tried entering recovery mode but I only get the error screen (the droid with the exclamation mark).

EDIT: I managed to do a clean reset but I cant download anything from the market. Any advice?

Edited by greystar666

Posted

reflash the zip

Posted

Hi,

I have a Liquid MT with Gingerounay 3.0.1. Yesterday the phone started showing a lot of errors and after rebooting it stays stuck to the Gingerounay splash/loading screen. Any advice? I've tried entering recovery mode but I only get the error screen (the droid with the exclamation mark).

EDIT: I managed to do a clean reset but I cant download anything from the market. Any advice?

Reflash Recovery only to begin...

Posted

I've installed the 3.0.1 but i have a big problem. I cant install anything from the Play market every app which is bigger tham 1 mb says I dont have enough free space. I'm using Link2SD so I have more than 60 mb of free space. Any solution?

Posted

Hello everybody,

is it possible to download the Rom elswhere? Because the link to Vachounet's site is dead. thanks in advance.