Advent - exciting news

Guest Blue Gas

Guest Blue Gas

Paul has just tweeted

SO... Just met with Advent. Can't say too much yet but they have *really* exciting stuff coming! REALLY! :-)

interesting - what do you think it is?

Guest Minimonkey

Just checked his tweet..... OOOOOO that's just teasing! does that mean Vega or something else advent is selling like the Vega2? :D

Going to bet on the latter. :)

Then again we haven't had any updates in a while..... tell me tell me tell me........ gonna be checking twitter all night now... B)

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest Minimonkey
I think they called Paul for any recruiment to make a good honeycomb release... maybe newbe is in this... :S

Newbe5 has tweeted: @paulOBrien Interesting indeed :)

Guest simonta

DSG has dipped their toe in the water and discovered that's it's warm and welcoming. They want a proper swim now. This forum has without doubt provided fantastic product feedback and requirements.

My bet would be on Vega 2 with HC and market. Far more potential for extra $$$ than HC for Vega 1. But then again, what do I know???

Guest Adam:)
DSG has dipped their toe in the water and discovered that's it's warm and welcoming. They want a proper swim now. This forum has without doubt provided fantastic product feedback and requirements.

My bet would be on Vega 2 with HC and market. Far more potential for extra $$$ than HC for Vega 1. But then again, what do I know???

DSG? :)

Personally that wouldn't be that exciting for me as I have no intention of upgrading hardware as the current Vega seems more than capable of what I need from a tablet.

An official or fully working Honeycomb would be nice, but having tried VC for the first time last night I don't quite see what extra it brings above my Corvus5SP1 install, apart from the menus are laid out nicer...I am prepared to be educated though.

Guest Blue Gas

Why would Advent 2 be excitng news? - unless it was a higher spec than 1 with HC at the same low price it would just be like another tablet surely?

My hope is its a HC upgrade for all our original vegas - Heres hoping :)

Guest xathras
Why would Advent 2 be excitng news? - unless it was a higher spec than 1 with HC at the same low price it would just be like another tablet surely?

It's my hope too - and don't call me Shirley!

Guest HypoTurtle
Personally that wouldn't be that exciting for me as I have no intention of upgrading hardware as the current Vega seems more than capable of what I need from a tablet.

An official or fully working Honeycomb would be nice, but having tried VC for the first time last night I don't quite see what extra it brings above my Corvus5SP1 install, apart from the menus are laid out nicer...I am prepared to be educated though.

From what I understand what honeycomb brings to the table that isn't available on other ROMs is tablet apps, (apps in Corvus/CM7 are in essence mobile apps stretched full screen) and also importantly hardware acceleration (not working as yet in VComb(?) at least not well), which utilises the full power of the Tegra2.

I'd be happy to see the hardware acceleration procedure being released (maybe Advent squeezed this from Google?) if not a HC release, or possibly they may be releasing they're form of HTC sense software where a "skin" is applied to an Android release

Guest SWOriginal

I assume this will be the Vega 2 or a completely new device, as far as I'm aware advent is not an official partner so there will be no honeycomb release for the Vega... unless they've somehow persuaded Google to release the source to them or atleast parts of the source to get a fully working honeycomb update?

Guest everett_psycho

I think they could do with doing something if they want to keep shifting vegas, given that archos have just announced a 10 inch tablet running android 3.1 and generally much better specs than the vega for only £250. Hopefully they've managed to squeeze some honeycomb from google though

Guest Minimonkey

Wow! just seen @Zebwen tweet (newbie5)

Just had dinner with two very nice fellas from the @AdventVega team... Can't say much, but some EXCITING stuff in the works, buzzing now!

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest SWOriginal

I hope this is exciting news to do with our Vega's! , I only brought Mine 2 weeks ago and I will be pissed if another tablet comes out with honeycomb for little over £200

Guest premieral
Wow! just seen @Zebwen tweet (newbie5)

Just had dinner with two very nice fellas from the @AdventVega team... Can't say much, but some EXCITING stuff in the works, buzzing now!

I would guess its honeycomb based then as that's newbe5's area of expertise.

Guest andrew531
hopes its HC upgrade, coz any new device is a bit depressing, means layin out more cash when the existing vega has potential with the right software support

I would be peed off too ! Having just bought a Vega! There is much more potential in the current one so why not reward loyal owners with an official upgrade. We spend hours doing it ourselves sometimes with great frustration and perseverance.

Come on guys ....... put us out of our misery LOL :)

Guest le_lutin

It surely HAS to be honeycomb for the Vega, why else would newbe call it "exciting"? New hardware isn't exactly exciting, and if it was a completely new tablet, why would they be talking to newbe?