CyanogenMod 7.1 RC released!!!!

Guest mikeb90

Guest twrock

i dont know about cache not moveing had no problems. busy box should be there as i can remember but cant check couse my pulse broke, touch screan doesnt work..

Ouch! I hate it when that happens.

Ok, back to have another look. Maybe I did something really stupid and didn't follow my own advice while installing. :rolleyes:

Oh, and what about swap? Is that working for others?

Edited by twrock

Guest twrock

I guess that's verification enough. :lol:

But, I have also verified that I have cachesd working great with the rom from the first post, but not with the one dtox125 uploaded. It makes no sense to me. "reinstall" and "repair" have no effect. It simply won't work. :huh:

Guest twrock

After some very minor testing, I really like CM7.1. The features are great, with lots of extras. It does seem quick, but that might be because I didn't install anything beyond three basic apps. I didn't even have Maps installed (a memory hog). I don't know what would happen if I installed a lot of apps, especially since swap was not working.

But the extras don't make up for the lack of the camera. I really hope Tom will be able to get that working.

But the other bad news for me was that the overnight battery drain was 14% (cell radio on). That is definitely not better than other roms I've experimented with. YMMV, but except for the extra features, it does not offer me enough to make the switch from CM6.1.

Guest mustafa_ale

missing 3D on VGA?

there's no movie game demo when tested using neocore just light color on area display.

CM6.1 display movie game demo.

on Qudarant no background color when display test earth rotation (just white color)

Guest shashwatyoyo

Hey devs please do add the crt animations in this rom in the next update .. :)

i just installed the original rbm2 rom and found these problems witm cm6 n 7 ....

(i) The add reciepent from contacts in messaging is missing in cm6 n 7 ...

(ii) The time taken for screen to turn on after pressing an hardware button is less for orig ....

It would be great if they could be overcomed in cm7 ....

This is what I see for myself

Processor performs slightly better (according to both benchmarks and real tasks), but the window animations are slow as hell. Far slower than in CM6

Is there any workaround for that?

Guest Fulcrum_X

This is what I see for myself

Processor performs slightly better (according to both benchmarks and real tasks), but the window animations are slow as hell. Far slower than in CM6

Is there any workaround for that?

Try LauncherPro, works like a charm wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest h3dshot

just flashed the version from the official cm website and its worked but i have no network coverage at all, and it wont register on any network or look for any at all :\ gunna try and flash this version instead and see if it solves it lol

edit: yep now working :)

Edited by h3dshot

Guest mikeb90

guys the updated news is on the first post of the topic LOL XD

however, they say that despite the huge number of devices compatible with the 7.1 stable, which's been released yesterday, there are still some cellphones not updated with the latest version of CM, but THEY WILL RECEIVE THE LATEST UPDATED VERSION IN A NOT SO LONG TIME , SO WE'HE JUST TO WAIT:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed dtox125's build from 06 Aug 2011.

I love it. All but camera work. Network, wi-fi, sensors work.

Installed atop of partitions made by official UK 2010 rom (~100Mb /system partition).

I actually installed together ROM and gapps - worked fine for me. But some suggest to install gapps after...

Edited by pier11

Guest shashwatyoyo

Installed atop of partitions made by official UK 2010 rom (~100Mb /system partition).

I actually installed together ROM and gapps - worked fine for me. But some suggest to install gapps after...

Are the graphics working well ? like games and transition effects?

Are the graphics working well ? like games and transition effects?

It's not that I play games much, but for the sake of experiment, I installed Angry Birds Rio.

I'd say it behaves as good as CM6.1 - not better and not worse.

As an explanation - the same kernel 2.6.29 and likely drivers are used in both roms for Pulse...

For some reason this rom is not localized well - it contains only a few locales (en-GB, de, es, fr, it), while other CM 7.1 roms have way more - about 22.

I managed to "add" many remaining languages to keyboard (not interface) by replacing LatinIME.apk with one from HTC Hero CM 7.1 rom. Works well for me.

(Just installing the apk didn't help, as for some reason after reboot system reverted back to original keyboard.)

Actually I was able to experimentally add UI translation to additional language by manipulating framework-res.apk and adding missed files from Hero's rom. But indeed I needed just an extra language in keyboard, so reverted that changes back.

Edited by pier11

the camera is work!? :huh:

Edited by FunYeg