How to upload photos via USB cable

Guest Cheapster

Guest Cheapster

I can upload to my Mac via Bluetooth but it takes a long time. I've connected to a USB port on the Mac but the phone is invisible.

(Similarly, I've only been able to add music to the phone via Bluetooth.)

Guest nikonboy
I can upload to my Mac via Bluetooth but it takes a long time. I've connected to a USB port on the Mac but the phone is invisible.

Have you turned on USB storage from the notification bar drop down on the phone after plugging in the USB cable, so that the android goes orange?

Edited by nikonboy

Hi

I have an Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade) and can transfer files , apps etc to my iMac using a USB cable

The way I did it is this..

Settings > Applications > Development > Tick - USB debugging > click OK > tick USB debugging notify

Then connect a USB cable to your phone and Mac , top Left of phone screen you should see a small notification showing a USB symbol

then pull down the page and you should see .... USB Connected ...then tap the white bar ...... then you should see .... Turn on USB storage

tap that message ... then you should see a box that says ...... Turn on USB Storage ......then .... tap .... OK .... then it should tell you ..... USB

Storage in Use .

once you have done these settings the next time you connect a USB cable , the screen will automatically tell you .

siam

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Its because you are using Macs :)

No, you should just get the notification in the status bar...assuming you have working drivers etc.

Its because you are using Macs :rolleyes:

No, you should just get the notification in the status bar...assuming you have working drivers etc.

Hi I just went by this ....

2011-06-28_2234.png

and assumed that no working drivers were needed ? :)

Guest Mushroom_Lord
and assumed that no working drivers were needed ? :)

Ahh I see fair enough I thought it would be the same for Mac/Linux

Guest Cheapster
Have you turned on USB storage from the notification bar drop down on the phone after plugging in the USB cable, so that the android goes orange?

That did it. Many thanks, nikonboy. And thanks to everyone else who gave their time and effort.

Guest dragsy

I'm not getting the notification thing pop up. I've done the driver thing before, I don't see why it should suddenly stop working.