Gingerbread Goodies [updated 12/08/11] with essential POLL

Guest rockstarszzzz

Guest jonmac73

quick (and maybe noob daft) question ............

previously followed great post by frankish on 2.2 re: swapping icons in framework-res apk files. followed and did it fine for GPS icon on Swedish Spring.

Can I just do the same on Gingerbread themes ? Or even better how can I just do the icon change (modify files direct on phone or create a mod) so that I can easily apply after each ROM upgrade. Or is it easier to just change the theme source icons before applying ?

Thanks in advance

links:

Frankish 2.2 guide

GPS change icon

Edited by jonmac73

Guest Chris Banks

quick (and maybe noob daft) question ............

previously followed great post by frankish on 2.2 re: swapping icons in framework-res apk files. followed and did it fine for GPS icon on Swedish Spring.

Can I just do the same on Gingerbread themes ? Or even better how can I just do the icon change (modify files direct on phone or create a mod) so that I can easily apply after each ROM upgrade. Or is it easier to just change the theme source icons before applying ?

Thanks in advance

links:

Frankish 2.2 guide

GPS change icon

Yep, the same can be done with this ROM, if its a like for like swap it can just be done using WinRAR.

If the framework doesn't change from update to update, you could make a flashable .zip to apply your changes each time, but if there is a framework change, you'd be overwriting the new framework with the older one (with your added mods).

Personally i think its probably easiest to do a direct swap before you flash using winRAR.

EDIT: I dont think the 'blank update .zip' in the guide will work with newer versions of CWM, but i may be mistaken.

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest dibbles

@Redflake - excellent work, as usual. If it wasn't for my failing eyes I am sure that I would notice the differences in the above versions :)

Thanks for the creation and sharing of your work, most appreciated.

Edited by dibbles

Guest Yuccaman

Circle battery mods for Gsf Blade B14.

No over scroll animation

Keeps screen of animation,

I may as well be first to ask :)

Is the only difference in these the transparancy of the Notification screen:

V1 - Very Transparant

V2 - Not as Transparant

V3 - Solid

Not gone to B14 yet otherwise I would have flashed all three and had a look. However, it gives me the file ready for when I do update.

Cheers Redflake !!!

Guest jonmac73

Yep, the same can be done with this ROM, if its a like for like swap it can just be done using WinRAR.

If the framework doesn't change from update to update, you could make a flashable .zip to apply your changes each time, but if there is a framework change, you'd be overwriting the new framework with the older one (with your added mods).

Personally i think its probably easiest to do a direct swap before you flash using winRAR.

EDIT: I dont think the 'blank update .zip' in the guide will work with newer versions of CWM, but i may be mistaken.

OK tried this and didn't work - is it a different folder location to change the icons anyone know ? think I just used the hdi folder......

Guest Chris Banks

OK tried this and didn't work - is it a different folder location to change the icons anyone know ? think I just used the hdi folder......

in framework-res.apk /res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_gps_on.png

Changing that one before you flash to the green dot one from the post you gave should do it..

in SystemUI.apk /res/drawable-hdpi/stat_sys_gps_acquiring.png

Name speaks for its self.

EDIT: Works fine, attached b14 framework with just the gps icon changed to post-856378-0-42511200-1311190410_thumb.

Can be done similarly for other icon in the post.

b14sat.zip

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest TheHumanStrobe

think my question belongs here...

Is it possible to change the colours when selecting an option in a menu?

Either by a certain option on UOT or an actual code change somewhere in the ROM

Been trying to get either a plain green (like Redflake's) or my own minimal monochrome theme sorted and its the one thing thats annoying me.

(I'm on GSF b14 btw)

Guest beebaakid

hello, I'd like to report a small UI bug, on the lockscreen when you slide the sound on/off slider which I do alot at work, sound off text is aligned at the top of the lozenge, also compared with the unlock slider its a different shape, check it out, some of the themes correct this but mess with the zoom buttons brightness, hope that makes sense. i'm on B14.

Guest Chris Banks

New notification pull down for GSF-b14, with a new GPS icon for clarity. (Orange glow on press)

post-856378-0-21036300-1311197192_thumb.

I made versions when i was playing around where the grey items are white, no orange glow and also a stock like gingerbread one if there is any demand.

(PM me if you do)

Enjoy.

CB-GSF-notificationBLACKorange.zip

Guest Akash P

New notification pull down for GSF-b14, with a new GPS icon for clarity. (Orange glow on press)

post-856378-0-21036300-1311197192_thumb.

I made versions when i was playing around where the grey items are white, no orange glow and also a stock like gingerbread one if there is any demand.

(PM me if you do)

Enjoy.

Works perfect Chris Banks!! Just what i wanted. Thank you very much.

Guest robinhud2010

Can anyone pls confirm whether cm7 music player addon is working on gsf b14.

Thanks

Edit: I'd also like to know if the HybridHoney themes are working on b14 as well.

Edited by robinhud2010

Guest Amit.V

Can anyone pls confirm whether cm7 music player addon is working on gsf b14.

Thanks

Edit: I'd also like to know if the HybridHoney themes are working on b14 as well.

cm7 music player working for me on b14. unfortunately, it's only the player and widgets. no lock screen widget and volume control.

Guest robinhud2010

cm7 music player working for me on b14. unfortunately, it's only the player and widgets. no lock screen widget and volume control.

AFAIK, the lockscreen widget and volume control works only on cm7.

Only the player and widget would do as i'm fed up of the crappy stock player.

I've made this on demand ...

Blue theme , with glow , 25% transparent screen when notification is down , different icons then my other themes , "ZTE BLADE" text removed.

Just ask ... and I'll fix :)

post-892314-0-47360900-1311282016_thumb.post-892314-0-75230400-1311282028_thumb.post-892314-0-01833100-1311282028_thumb.post-892314-0-57140000-1311282027_thumb.

Kuoi's BLUE GSF theme : Wipe cache and Dalvik cache before install

Edited by Kuoi

Guest VictorMartinez

I've made this on demand ...

Blue theme , with glow , 25% transparent screen when notification is down , different icons then my other themes , "ZTE BLADE" text removed.

Just ask ... and I'll fix :)

post-892314-0-47360900-1311282016_thumb.post-892314-0-75230400-1311282028_thumb.post-892314-0-01833100-1311282028_thumb.post-892314-0-57140000-1311282027_thumb.

Kuoi's BLUE GSF theme : Wipe cache and Dalvik cache before install

good job dude... thanks..for helping me .. the (screen when notification is down 25% is the original transparent of beta14 coz i like the original ??? and i dont like this one. http://android.modac...attach_id=74445 can you use the original ..??? please...

and i cant see the battery color..at the photos..

Edited by VictorMartinez

good job dude... thanks..for helping me .. the (screen when notification is down 25% is the original transparent of beta14 coz i like the original ??? and i dont like this one. http://android.modac...attach_id=74445 can you use the original ..??? please...

and i cant see the battery color..at the photos..

I'm working on it NOW... link follows ...

Changed icons to the "orange theme" ones , 25% transparent should be fixed , hope you like this lockscreen .

post-892314-0-85318800-1311285498_thumb.post-892314-0-46360300-1311285499_thumb.

Edited by Kuoi

Guest VictorMartinez

I'm working on it NOW... link follows ...

Changed icons to the "orange theme" ones , 25% transparent should be fixed , hope you like this lockscreen .

post-892314-0-85318800-1311285498_thumb.post-892314-0-46360300-1311285499_thumb.

i would prefere the sreen unlocker to be like this .. http://android.modac...attach_id=73735 but if you dont can np my friend i dont care :P...

Edited by VictorMartinez

Guest VictorMartinez

Fixed Blue Theme

Lockscreen is like post-892314-0-22018300-1311287262_thumb. ... sorry

Otherwise you can flash the rom back , and I make the theme wthout lockscreen , so your lockscreen stays the same as on the rom ?

Kuoi

good idea ... if you can upload the both of them and let me try themm....

and something else you think with glow is better or without glow?

i must do Wipe cache and Dalvik cache before install????

Edited by VictorMartinez

good idea ... is you can upload the 2 of them and let me try themm....

and something else you think with glow is better or without glow?

I like the glow , and new file is on the way , without the lockscreen.