Is it possible to burn a 2.1 rom to GEN2 device?

Guest oldxfile

Guest oldxfile

Dears,

I just bought a ZTE V880 phone. It's GEN2. I want it support USB OTG (phone as usb host to let other usb devices plug in). However, the only working blade kernel support USB OTG I found is the one made by Sven Killig ( http://sven.killig.de/android/Blade/usb_host/). Sven's great work was base on GEN1 device (android 2.1, 2.6.29 kernel). So how to let a GEN2 phone use this? I can't flash a GEN1 rom to GEN2 phone, right? If I try to replace a GEN2 rom (2.2 or 2.3)'s kernel with Sven's 2.6.29 kernel, will that work? Or should I extract Sven's USB host driver source and add to a 2.6.32 kernel? The last way should work. But I'm not sure whether I have enough knowledge to do it.

It would be very appreciated if anyone can help me on this.

Guest airs pl
Sven's great work was base on GEN1 device (android 2.1, 2.6.29 kernel). So how to let a GEN2 phone use this? I can't flash a GEN1 rom to GEN2 phone, right? If I try to replace a GEN2 rom (2.2 or 2.3)'s kernel with Sven's 2.6.29 kernel, will that work? Or should I extract Sven's USB host driver source and add to a 2.6.32 kernel? The last way should work. But I'm not sure whether I have enough knowledge to do it.

Perhaps in this way?

Thread: Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade, No Windows needed

I think of the parts: "Going back to Gen1" :)

Guest hecatae

chinese variant is special as reported by eurodroid with the 2 million blades sold press release:

http://www.eurodroid.com/2011/06/zte-claim...-san-francisco/

The ZTE V880 has been customised for China Unicom’s WCDMA network, and the Blade has been customised for China Telecom’s CDMA 2000 EVDO network and China Mobile’s TD-SCDMA network for launch in the next few months.

I think the usb otg stuff has been ported to the .32 kernel used in cm7, there just isn't a (simple) way to switch modes, if i remember correctly.

Guest oldxfile
I think the usb otg stuff has been ported to the .32 kernel used in cm7, there just isn't a (simple) way to switch modes, if i remember correctly.

Really? I tried CM7 rom before and didn't see anything when I plug USB devices to the phone (through a Micro-B male to USB-A female adaptor). Was that the mode switching problem? Then how should I switch the mode?

Guest oldxfile
you could compile the 2.6.29 kernel with a gen2 base address, add the correct libs and then it would work.

Now, I'm compiling the 2.6.29 kernel. After I get the zImage, should I just use the following command to assign new address?

mkbootimg –base 0x2600000 –cmdline ‘androidboot.hardware=blade console=ttyMSM2,115200 g_android.product_id=0×1354′ –kernel zImage –ramdisk boot.img-ramdisk.cpio.gz -o boot.img

As for 'add the correct libs', what do you mean?

Guest oldxfile

Well. I have built the kernel and merged it to flb-froyo-r11b-gen2v2-newboot rom. The phone can't boot (only show the poweron logo, no green droid).

Here is what I have done:

1. Download the original ZTE eclair kernel.

2. Added changedfiles from http://android.modaco.com/content-page/318...0/#entry1518383

3. Added Sven Killig's usb host driver (including his .config file).

4. Modified #define MSM_RAM_CONSOLE_PHYS 0x02900000 in board-zte-blade.c to 0x02500000

5. Build the kernel

6. Copy those .ko modules listed in modules.order to system/lib/modules

6. mkbootimg -o boot.img --kernel zImage --ramdisk boot.img-ramdisk.gz --base 0x2600000 --cmdline 'androidboot.hardware=blade console=ttyMSM2,115200 g_android.product_id=0x1354'

Anything wrong?

Edited by oldxfile